Hot Deals

[PC Financial World Elite Mastercard] $100 GC + 20,000 PC points

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2018 7:29 pm
Aug 28, 2017
49 posts
6 upvotes
Applied yesterday and just got an approval for the WE card via email today. Have not seen any inquiries through CreditKarma yet. Weird. Usually, CreditKarma updates the inquiries pretty soon.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
1552 posts
475 upvotes
GTA
derek1984 wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 2:26 pm
Applied yesterday and just got an approval for the WE card via email today. Have not seen any inquiries through CreditKarma yet. Weird. Usually, CreditKarma updates the inquiries pretty soon.
Not thread related but does checking your score on CreditKarma harm the score in anyway?
Aug 28, 2017
49 posts
6 upvotes
derek1984 wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 2:26 pm
CreditKarma updates two inquiries that PCF has done. Ouch. 43 points drop!
Nov 21, 2009
272 posts
123 upvotes
Moncton
derek1984 wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 4:11 pm
CreditKarma updates two inquiries that PCF has done. Ouch. 43 points drop!
Yikes, although I've heard some people get 3 hits.

I dunno but the more I read about this card, the more I'm hesitating applying. Between the hard hits, the monthly soft checks they do to constantly asses your rating and the playing around with limits/possible low intro limit just paints them as a really paranoid lender which is absurd considering their ever increasing income requirement. All for what, 3000 PC pts on a $100 grocery order? Hell, that's a drop in the bucket compared to the points we rack up on our offers. Really want to get rid of this useless Airmiles card though.
Nov 7, 2012
142 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto
XOMTOR wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 6:12 pm

I dunno but the more I read about this card, the more I'm hesitating applying. Between the hard hits, the monthly soft checks they do to constantly asses your rating and the playing around with limits/possible low intro limit just paints them as a really paranoid lender which is absurd considering their ever increasing income requirement. All for what, 3000 PC pts on a $100 grocery order? Hell, that's a drop in the bucket compared to the points we rack up on our offers. Really want to get rid of this useless Airmiles card though.
Aside from the seemingly erroneous double hits, everything else is same with many other lenders: soft checks, low intro credit limits.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
4604 posts
632 upvotes
pc points and sdm being merged right? so this would most likely be the new sdm/pc card.
"The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD."
Mar 30, 2017
273 posts
104 upvotes
no more 20k point?
so 3% cashback equivalent shopping at superstore right?
5/11/18: profit YTD -3.50%😥
Mar 13, 2017
323 posts
60 upvotes
When do the 3% points get added to your account? Just got the card and spent this weekend but I see nothing yet. I assume that I have to wait a few days?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
1968 posts
430 upvotes
XOMTOR wrote:
Dec 15th, 2017 6:12 pm

Yes, main benefit of this card is 3% back in PC points at Loblaws grocery stores, SDM, PC Travel and Loblaws Gas stations. In addition to the 3% at Loblaws branded gas stations (Superstore Gas, "Refuel", etc.) PC MC cardholders also get double the cents per litre in PC points. This differs by region/city. For example in the Ottawa area every gets 2 cents/L but PC MC holders get 4 cents/L in PC points.

I have a feeling they'll be dropping the 3% to 2% with all the other Mastercard devaluations. (BMO WE ME, Capital One Aspire WE grandfathered, etc.)
Alterna Savings Visa Infinite
2% cold hard cash on everything, no caps, VISA acceptance
48 day medical insurance, trip cxl, trip interrupt
Discuss here
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2010
1462 posts
350 upvotes
Toronto
I applied for the card over the weekend and rate super market email said 100 gift card and up to 20k bonus points. I'll see when I get it what I have to do for the points.
Aug 28, 2017
49 posts
6 upvotes
Received my card and started earning points!
It did come with four points coupons for 5k each. So that is 20k in total. Plus the RateSupermarket gift card.
PC does give me a quite low starting limit, 1k... My other cards are almost 10x the limit. LOL.
Regarding the double credit inquiries on TransUnion, I called them to request a dispute and should be hearing back from them in 4 weeks. I will update once I have the feedback. It worths trying though.
One quick question, if I buy supreme gas at Esso, do I get 4 cents/L off or 3 cents/L? PC says 3 cents bonus, so I understood that will be based on their 1 cent base reward level.
Dec 21, 2017
87 posts
3 upvotes
PC master Card is the worse credit card company they closed my for no reason 2 days before the Christmas,terrible experience