• Jan 17th, 2018 2:17 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
1583 posts
218 upvotes
Toronto
jfmartel wrote:
Feb 6th, 2017 11:42 am
Have you read the whole thing? 100GC when you sign up.
I'd rather get that 100 GC in PC points
May 13, 2016
74 posts
125 upvotes
GTA
Just an FYI, if you already have a PC Mastercard it will be cancelled. You can only have one PC credit card at a time. I didn't know this.
So easy, even I can do it.
Nov 29, 2013
452 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
Signed up for pc mastercard yesterday, then I saw this today will the 2nd request be denied?
Nov 13, 2006
564 posts
103 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
Got the World Elite in the mail today.

On one of the documents it says go to mastercard.ca/worldelite to see all the card perks. One of them is Priority Pass lounge access. Anyone tried signing up/using this card at one of the PP lounges?
alexstevens17 wrote:
Dec 25th, 2017 1:26 pm
so no bonus on the card now?
Edit: there are still four vouchers on the piece of paper the actual cards are attached to, providing the usual 5,000 bonus points each (20,000 in total) when you present it along with charging the purchase to the PC card.
Beware the RFD Effect
Jul 2, 2013
104 posts
21 upvotes
VANCOUVER
sooksook wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 4:37 pm

On one of the documents it says go to mastercard.ca/worldelite to see all the card perks. One of them is Priority Pass lounge access. Anyone tried signing up/using this card at one of the PP lounges?

Edit: there are still four vouchers on the piece of paper the actual cards are attached to, providing the usual 5,000 bonus points each (20,000 in total) when you present it along with charging the purchase to the PC card.

when did you apply? was it after bonus was removed on offer details online?
Nov 13, 2006
564 posts
103 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
alexstevens17 wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 2:46 am
Pretty sure it was after. There was no mention of the bonus on the website when I checked, it said they would make a donation.
Beware the RFD Effect
Oct 20, 2005
598 posts
24 upvotes
Out of curiosity, is there an updated Credit Card comparison out there somewhere? Something in plain English ex, 3% back at superstore, 1% everywhere else etc.... ?

This card support Mobile wallets and I'm really enjoying not having to get my cards out but am also hoping I'm not missing out on better rewards.
Apr 9, 2006
7543 posts
8287 upvotes
GT-EH
alexstevens17 wrote:
Dec 25th, 2017 1:26 pm
so no bonus on the card now?
sooksook wrote:

Confirmed - I received 4 coupons of 5000 point bonus each as well (20,000 in total)
alexstevens17 wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 2:46 am
I applied pretty late... on or after Boxing Day.
I just like to collect things! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Behold, true glory. #PCMasterRace!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
7543 posts
8287 upvotes
GT-EH
I also went to pcplus.ca to apply for that as well... select the middle option (I have a PC Financial credit card)

https://www.pcplus.ca/loyalty_become_member_landing.jsp

Not sure if you have to, but I did that anyways so that I can see my transactions and points through there.
There's also daily / weekly offers that come through that site (like optimum) that you can load before shopping.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
7543 posts
8287 upvotes
GT-EH
sooksook wrote:

I read that line, but I don't think this card offers Priority Pass lounge access.

The card benefits are actually at https://www.pcfinancial.ca/m/english/cr ... rld-elite/

There's also no trip cancellation insurance or lost baggage insurance either.
Mar 2, 2011
145 posts
59 upvotes
Ottawa
sooksook wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 3:04 am
Pretty sure it was after. There was no mention of the bonus on the website when I checked, it said they would make a donation.
Same here. Definitely was NOT on the site when I applied for WE, received it today with the 20k PC pts (!). Still waiting on $100 e-gift card :)

edit: I activated the card and they asked me if I received the coupons, and also mentioned I will receive 10k pc pts after my first purchase.. anyone know anything about that? I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere (or in my docs..)
Last edited by virulent on Jan 9th, 2018 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
6921 posts
2304 upvotes
Markham
sooksook wrote:

In that page: "Selection of benefits on your card varies by card type and by card issuer."

Perfectly possible PCF neutered that.
The myth on the Internet is that Canadians are nice people. Those people who say this just haven't been on RFD.
Nov 12, 2017
69 posts
14 upvotes
Hey, since there are no annual fees, what's the downside to applying for this and only using it very rarely? Like once a month at best?
And also, it looks like the only difference between the three cards is the rewards return. I assume everyone should try to get the world elite, right? Why would/should someone pick the other two cards over the world elite? Genuine question, it might sound silly, but its for information purposes
Last edited by krispy4 on Jan 9th, 2018 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.