• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2018 2:13 pm
Nov 13, 2006
747 posts
180 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
ToniCipriani wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 4:59 pm
In that page: "Selection of benefits on your card varies by card type and by card issuer."

Perfectly possible PCF neutered that.
Crying Face
Beware the RFD Effect
Nov 13, 2006
747 posts
180 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
virulent wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 4:58 pm
Same here. Definitely was NOT on the site when I applied for WE, received it today with the 20k PC pts (!). Still waiting on $100 e-gift card :)

edit: I activated the card and they asked me if I received the coupons, and also mentioned I will receive 10k pc pts after my first purchase.. anyone know anything about that? I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere (or in my docs..)
You mean you got an email after you activated your card? I made my first purchase yesterday and I definitely haven't seen any indication of this.
Beware the RFD Effect
Mar 2, 2011
220 posts
85 upvotes
Ottawa
sooksook wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 5:11 pm
You mean you got an email after you activated your card? I made my first purchase yesterday and I definitely haven't seen any indication of this.
I spoke to someone. It was automated activation on phone but oddly it transferred me to a rep after setting a pin so I wasn't sure if it completed. The guy just said it was activated fine, then asked if I got the coupons, mentioned the "10k pts after first purchase", and trying to sell balance protection.. Maybe I misheard him, not sure, will find out after my first purchase today..
2017 Ford Focus Electric (Kona Blue)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
7683 posts
2857 upvotes
Markham
krispy4 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 5:10 pm
Hey, since there are no annual fees, what's the downside to applying for this and only using it very rarely? Like once a month at best?
And also, it looks like the only difference between the three cards is the rewards return. I assume everyone should try to get the world elite, right? Why would/should someone pick the other two cards over the world elite? Genuine question, it might sound silly, but its for information purposes
That's what I do. It's my only Android Pay card, used only at Loblaws stores and Esso via my Speedpass. I don't even carry the card itself.
Nov 12, 2017
148 posts
34 upvotes
Wish they were offering Amazon cards instead smh
Mar 30, 2017
267 posts
104 upvotes
so current perk is only $100 gc?
5/11/18: profit YTD -3.50%😥
Jun 1, 2006
739 posts
160 upvotes
Mississauga
User994596 wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2017 6:50 am
Just an FYI, if you already have a PC Mastercard it will be cancelled. You can only have one PC credit card at a time. I didn't know this.
I misunderstood this.
I thought this meant that the old card will be cancelled for the new card, didn't realize you meant the application for a new card will be cancelled.
Got a letter today telling me the application was cancelled because I already have a PC Mastercard (base one).
I was hoping to get more points and some freebies.
Did I instead get nothing but two hard credit checks?
Sep 24, 2004
178 posts
32 upvotes
East York
Has anybody received there e-gift card from Ratesupermaket.ca?
I applied and was approved back on Dec 5 2017.
May 1, 2015
60 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto, ON
chowjam wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 10:27 am
I applied in September and only ended up getting my gift card near the end of December. I ended up having to submit an inquiry. It takes a while to get the card, but you will get it. If you don't, contact them and they will look into it.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
1490 posts
445 upvotes
GTA
chowjam wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 10:27 am
After you applied for the CC and got approved, Ratesupermaket shouldve sent you an email on the steps needed to get the GC. Did you fill that out?
Sep 24, 2004
178 posts
32 upvotes
East York
Akizuki wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 10:33 am
After you applied for the CC and got approved, Ratesupermaket shouldve sent you an email on the steps needed to get the GC. Did you fill that out?
Talked to Ratesupermaket.ca, they did not send me that mail yet, because they have not receive any information back from PC Financial Mastercard . I did call PC mastercard , and the call center was in the Philippines.They know nothing about Supermarket.ca promo.
Sep 24, 2004
178 posts
32 upvotes
East York
faldian wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 10:32 am
I applied in September and only ended up getting my gift card near the end of December. I ended up having to submit an inquiry. It takes a while to get the card, but you will get it. If you don't, contact them and they will look into it.
It looks like it takes about 3 months overall. I just put an inquiry in .Hopefully I might get the gift card sometime in Feb. Thanks
Mar 24, 2013
18 posts
2 upvotes
London
does anyone pay their mortgage with a credit card for points/rewards? opinions?

Thanks
Jun 11, 2013
235 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
j6n wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 2:05 am
I misunderstood this.
I thought this meant that the old card will be cancelled for the new card, didn't realize you meant the application for a new card will be cancelled.
Got a letter today telling me the application was cancelled because I already have a PC Mastercard (base one).
I was hoping to get more points and some freebies.
Did I instead get nothing but two hard credit checks?
Are you serious? I also thought my base Mastercard would be cancelled when I applied for the World Mastercard. There is nothing in the application process that states that you cannot apply if you have an existing Mastercard!
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
3301 posts
868 upvotes
QC
seatiger wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 1:57 am
so current perk is only $100 gc?
ya "only" free 100$