Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[PC Financial World Elite Mastercard] $100 GC + 20,000 PC points

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 12th, 2019 9:31 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3692 posts
4307 upvotes
Guys, two quick questions for this those who have this card

1. My info booklet in my card stated that you get 10 points/ dollar spent at all stores (not just PC product stores). However, so far in the first two weeks of having this card I've only received points from shopping at No Frills and Superstore and haven't received points from other non PC stores. Does it take some amount of time for points to be added from non-PC stores and online transactions too?

2. I had one of the 5000 point coupons scanned at No Frills and although it showed up on the receipt as one of the items it wasn't added to my total points balance and I cannot see it yet on my online PC Optimum points account. What gives? Do these coupons take time to be added on as well?
For Sale:
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1693 posts
1946 upvotes
vancouver
So the new credit card page says that you get 45 points per dollar spent at Shopper's now (which is actually pretty good!). Does that include transit passes and lottery tickets and such? I believe the old Shopper's Optimum program used to exclude items like that for point collection.

Edit: if we really are getting 45 points per dollar (4.5%) on all purchases, including gift cards, this could be the sexiest no fee card in all of Canadian history. I must be wrong, right? :)
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
1042 posts
783 upvotes
Toronto
cRaZyRaVr wrote: I have the same question and no answer yet.
I was approved Jan 30 and my card came in last week and it had the coupons for 20k pts
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
4391 posts
1505 upvotes
QC
thelasthunter wrote: I just got this card. So you accumulate 10 points for every dollar spent anywhere, even online? How quickly can the points usually be seen on the pc plus point account? I just bought something from No Frills and neither the receipt nor my online pc points plus account linked to this card shows the points.
Take a couple days to show up
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3692 posts
4307 upvotes
jfmartel wrote: Take a couple days to show up
More then a couple in my case. My points lag big time, especially from non-PC stores. Had to launch two point review investigations and in each case I was awarded with the points I claimed. I got my card almost exactly at the same time they swtiched to PC Optimum program, which has had lots of hiccups.
For Sale:
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
whats the interest rate on this card? tia
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2008
15587 posts
7027 upvotes
Gatineau
mikka2017 wrote: whats the interest rate on this card? tia
19.97%.

But I assume you would be paying off the statement balance in full each month as to avoid any interest right?

djino
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2015
1838 posts
1581 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
So under the new system, you can earn bonus pc points at SDM if you use this PC World MasterCard?
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
4391 posts
1505 upvotes
QC
earthpetal wrote: So under the new system, you can earn bonus pc points at SDM if you use this PC World MasterCard?
Instead of Optimum points at 10x rate it's PC Optimum points at 15x rate.
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10930 posts
3663 upvotes
jfmartel wrote: Instead of Optimum points at 10x rate it's PC Optimum points at 15x rate.
its 15 points base, and 30 points bonus for the world elite. so 45 points per dollar when using world elite card at shoppers, on top of bonus offers.
Oct 21, 2005
837 posts
812 upvotes
thelasthunter wrote: More then a couple in my case. My points lag big time, especially from non-PC stores. Had to launch two point review investigations and in each case I was awarded with the points I claimed. I got my card almost exactly at the same time they swtiched to PC Optimum program, which has had lots of hiccups.
In my experience, points inquiries are approved immediately for low point totals. I did a whole bunch at once when I first got my card and the points were taking a while to show up. All the points were added instantly, even the ones I accidentally entered twice, and then a week later the actual points I was supposed to have earned also showed up. If it's only for a couple thousand points they probably just push it right through; not worth having an employee manually go through them all.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
4391 posts
1505 upvotes
QC
rocking23nf wrote: its 15 points base, and 30 points bonus for the world elite. so 45 points per dollar when using world elite card at shoppers, on top of bonus offers.
You are right, thanks for the extra info. Still 30 pts elsewhere.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
6651 posts
995 upvotes
GTA
Looks like I will be using this card at SDM more now, what routine items do you guys buy that is on par with prices at other stores? So far I go when I get a 20x coupon for milk, eggs, yogurt... I find things like hair/hygeine products are always way more than walmart even with 20x points factored in.
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10930 posts
3663 upvotes
greg123 wrote: Looks like I will be using this card at SDM more now, what routine items do you guys buy that is on par with prices at other stores? So far I go when I get a 20x coupon for milk, eggs, yogurt... I find things like hair/hygeine products are always way more than walmart even with 20x points factored in.
I only buy things on the front page of the flyer.
Jan 12, 2013
679 posts
671 upvotes
Halifax
Just received and activated my card today... anyone else having trouble linking their new MC to their existing PC Optimum account? It gives me an error indicating that they can’t link the new card for whatever reason.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
3215 posts
1264 upvotes
Ajax
I am going to apply for this, have been thinking about getting this card for awhile.

When I go to the application though, it doesn't let me select one of the three CC, clicking on them does nothing. How do I ensure I'm getting the world elite mastercard? I qualify for it...
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
4391 posts
1505 upvotes
QC
Cjohnson202 wrote: I am going to apply for this, have been thinking about getting this card for awhile.

When I go to the application though, it doesn't let me select one of the three CC, clicking on them does nothing. How do I ensure I'm getting the world elite mastercard? I qualify for it...
It's based on your income.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
3914 posts
4767 upvotes
Canada
Late to the game here.
What does RateSupermarket get out of this?

They are owned by a mortgage broker called Kanetix and have all their marketing & public relations done by BlueSkyCommunications.

Do they all get our financial details?

Do any of them telemarket or mass e-mail you afterwards?

The BBB has no reviews on them, though there were 4 complaints that were resolved with the issuance of gift cards.

My guess is they are willing to give up most or all of their referral fees in exchange for building a marketing database with solid recent financial consumer data.

Do they resell this data or use it internally to market their own aftermarket mort
Last edited by RxMills on Feb 12th, 2018 5:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Feb 11, 2018
27 posts
24 upvotes
York Mills-Windfield…
Thanks signed up when it was $150 a giftcard. Great deal!
Apr 7, 2015
835 posts
853 upvotes
Vancouver Island
Quick question, but how large of a credit can I have on this card?

It says you can make checks out to this card, which would be great for paying rent. If I were to send them $1000 over what I owe, is there an issue with that?

I'd heard in the past that only banks can hold more than a certain amount of funds as a credit, and I'm having trouble finding info.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)