• Dec 5th, 2018 6:55 pm
Sep 11, 2011
473 posts
108 upvotes
Alberta
philldo wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2018 1:44 pm
RateSupermarket status says approved for

Does that mean I got the basic card (I should have qualified for the WE MC though) ?

Anyone that actually got the WE MC actually show "President’s Choice Financial® World Elite Mastercard®" in the RateSupermarket or does it show the same as what I have?
Mine says just the basic card on RateSupermarket but I got an email today from PC saying I was approved for the World Elite card and it's on it's way, so I wouldn't worry about it.
Mar 3, 2005
806 posts
448 upvotes
Mississauga
wilhelmthe1st wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2018 7:05 pm
I want this card, but with the upcoming PC Plus/Optimum merge, I'm wondering whether they will release a new PC Optimum credit card...
The existing card is a PC Financial card and earns PC plus points. After the merger it will STILL be a PC Financial card but it will earn PC Optimum points.
Sep 11, 2011
473 posts
108 upvotes
Alberta
hopetindall wrote:
Jan 25th, 2018 11:14 pm
The existing card is a PC Financial card and earns PC plus points. After the merger it will STILL be a PC Financial card but it will earn PC Optimum points.
Yeah I read more into the merger and what not, I was over thinking it. Already applied, approved and card is on it's way. Thanks!
Apr 18, 2017
56 posts
10 upvotes
Have you guys received the GC? I signed up and I have the credit card but no GC
Apr 12, 2013
795 posts
101 upvotes
Markham
Epitaph85 wrote:
Jan 28th, 2018 3:43 pm
Have you guys received the GC? I signed up and I have the credit card but no GC
yes I am wondering this as well will this site email us the 100 dollar giftcard? Also for the 20k points I asked the agent and he said there should be a coupon, "there wasnt" then he said it will be 5-7 business days till the point would be added onto the card. His name was "Ian".

FYI I had a question about joining the shoppers points/pc points heres a FYI/FAQ

Make sure you hold on to your Shoppers Optimum and / or PC Plus cards until you have successfully linked them to a new PC Optimum account.

When the PC Optimum program launches, your points will automatically become PC Optimum points. Then, the next time you shop, the cashier will ask you to swap your existing Shoppers Optimum and/or PC Plus card for a PC Optimum card so you can continue to earn and spend your points.

On February 1st, you will also be able to get started by downloading the app or creating an online account and following the prompts on screen to link the points from your current card(s). You can link your Shoppers Optimum, PC Plus and PC Financial Mastercard ® into one account.

You will be guided through the linking process for your existing loyalty programs to have all your points in one PC Optimum account.

If after you complete the linking online and still wish to get a plastic version of the PC Optimum card, you can do so by swapping your Shoppers Optimum or PC Plus card at the checkout at any participating store.

If you have an email address associated with your Shoppers Optimum or PC Plus account, we will send you an email once the program launches to get you started.
Aug 19, 2013
542 posts
337 upvotes
TORONTO
Crap. I just got this card. Ugh.
Nov 13, 2006
800 posts
211 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
Finally got my GC today. It was sitting in "Active" status for awhile so I shot them an inquiry following the four week indicated waiting period, and they got back to me almost immediately.
Beware the RFD Effect
Sep 16, 2016
218 posts
171 upvotes
Toronto
Will PC points expire after one year without any transaction? I didn't cancle the pc mastercard just to extend the expiry date of the PC points. And now it seems that I should pick up the phone and give PC mastercard a call to cancle the card.
If we can dream it, we can make it!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
5036 posts
4005 upvotes
We’re all a little s…
sooksook wrote:
Jan 30th, 2018 4:34 am
Finally got my GC today. It was sitting in "Active" status for awhile so I shot them an inquiry following the four week indicated waiting period, and they got back to me almost immediately.
What are the different statuses?
My gift card still says pending, when should the status change to something else?
Have yet to get the credit card, as I just applied a week ago.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2011
1170 posts
329 upvotes
London
I got screwed out of my giftcard. You have to stay on them! I will never do anything through them again.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
3383 posts
902 upvotes
QC
SaadM587 wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2018 1:37 pm
i got the card approved and received, how do i claim those 20K points?
Coupon inside approval letter
Drakestar wrote:
Jan 30th, 2018 8:36 am
I got screwed out of my giftcard. You have to stay on them! I will never do anything through them again.
Care to give more info?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
5036 posts
4005 upvotes
We’re all a little s…
jpistone wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2018 12:02 pm
if you already have this card.. whats the process for cancelling.. waiting then reapplying?
I'll find this out very shortly.
I cancelled back in the beginning of Oct 2017, and I just reapplied beginning of last week.
So far no card, no denial letter, and no status change in ratesupermarket.
Oct 5, 2008
357 posts
241 upvotes
I don't think I ever got my gift card (applied about a year ago). How do you follow up?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
5036 posts
4005 upvotes
We’re all a little s…
codex119 wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 12:26 am
Mine is showing as declined although it was approved and I activated my card today. This seems so scamy, especially seeing how this has happened with others.

I hate this sort scamy crap. Gotta wait 4 weeks now till I can submit an inquiry and then wait another 3 months to see if they end up honoring the promo. This is honestly just bad, they are obviously making this as painful and annoying as possible so you'd go away and not get the gc.

I would not recommend dealing with them to anyone.
Did you have the card before recently?