• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2018 7:29 pm
Mar 2, 2016
126 posts
119 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
wilhelmthe1st wrote:
Jan 25th, 2018 7:19 pm
Mine says just the basic card on RateSupermarket but I got an email today from PC saying I was approved for the World Elite card and it's on it's way, so I wouldn't worry about it.
Arrived yesterday, got the WE but rate supermarket still says basic...... same as you :)
Jan 21, 2014
100 posts
21 upvotes
Vancouver
Got approved took 1 day to process.
May 30, 2011
445 posts
133 upvotes
Winnipeg
Can someone on private disability insurance apply for a credit card (the normal PC card) ? If so what option do you pick, there is an other option.
Oct 15, 2017
163 posts
66 upvotes
Canada
'Error 404 page not found' when I click apply. Called rate supermarket and they said it is the financial institutions site that must be the problem so try again later.
Nov 29, 2017
940 posts
690 upvotes
dsweetlou wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2018 3:36 pm
'Error 404 page not found' when I click apply. Called rate supermarket and they said it is the financial institutions site that must be the problem so try again later.
I had the same problem, click on credit cards and you can continue in the pc website... I did receive a “thanks for signing up” email from rate supermarket afterwards
Oct 15, 2017
163 posts
66 upvotes
Canada
Omakase wrote:
Feb 3rd, 2018 4:09 pm
I had the same problem, click on credit cards and you can continue in the pc website... I did receive a “thanks for signing up” email from rate supermarket afterwards
Thanks, tried clicking on credit cards has no effect. Tried clicking compare credit cards, but that gets me to the same page where I end up trying to sign up again. Endless loop.
Nov 18, 2008
188 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
jeffyjaixx wrote:
Feb 7th, 2017 9:32 pm
You can select 3 categories of purchases that will give you 2% cashback, no annual fee, first 3 months the 2% categories you get 4% cashback. The cashbacks get paid monthly, it's unlimited, and you can choose to put it as a credit on your cc statement or put into your tangerine savings account.

You can change your categories every 90 days. 1.5% foreign conversion fee, free supplementary cards, purchase assurance, extended warranty etc.

There's a more detailed thread here: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/tangerin ... d-1965083/
Now 2.5% on fx and 0.5% in all other purchases. 2% remains on selected categories
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1192 posts
591 upvotes
Edmonton
I'm sorry. It's really hard to tell. It looks like the $100 GC is still available. Are the 20k PC points still available or not?
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
2503 posts
407 upvotes
Mississauga
frozenmelon wrote:
Feb 6th, 2018 2:16 pm
I'm sorry. It's really hard to tell. It looks like the $100 GC is still available. Are the 20k PC points still available or not?
I have the same question and no answer yet.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
1540 posts
463 upvotes
GTA
cRaZyRaVr wrote:
Feb 6th, 2018 5:36 pm
The 20k points come in the mail with the CC once you are approved. They come in 4 coupons for 5k points when used with the card at participating stores.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
2503 posts
407 upvotes
Mississauga
Akizuki wrote:
Feb 6th, 2018 5:42 pm
The 20k points come in the mail with the CC once you are approved. They come in 4 coupons for 5k points when used with the card at participating stores.
Yes, thats what people say. But there used to be a menion of 20K points right on the website. Now I dont see it anywhere, hence the question.
Nov 21, 2017
625 posts
577 upvotes
Guys, two quick questions for this those who have this card

1. My info booklet in my card stated that you get 10 points/ dollar spent at all stores (not just PC product stores). However, so far in the first two weeks of having this card I've only received points from shopping at No Frills and Superstore and haven't received points from other non PC stores. Does it take some amount of time for points to be added from non-PC stores and online transactions too?

2. I had one of the 5000 point coupons scanned at No Frills and although it showed up on the receipt as one of the items it wasn't added to my total points balance and I cannot see it yet on my online PC Optimum points account. What gives? Do these coupons take time to be added on as well?
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1192 posts
591 upvotes
Edmonton
So the new credit card page says that you get 45 points per dollar spent at Shopper's now (which is actually pretty good!). Does that include transit passes and lottery tickets and such? I believe the old Shopper's Optimum program used to exclude items like that for point collection.

Edit: if we really are getting 45 points per dollar (4.5%) on all purchases, including gift cards, this could be the sexiest no fee card in all of Canadian history. I must be wrong, right? :)
Nov 25, 2007
745 posts
398 upvotes
Toronto
cRaZyRaVr wrote:
Feb 6th, 2018 5:36 pm
I was approved Jan 30 and my card came in last week and it had the coupons for 20k pts
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
3320 posts
873 upvotes
QC
thelasthunter wrote:
Jan 30th, 2018 4:30 pm
I just got this card. So you accumulate 10 points for every dollar spent anywhere, even online? How quickly can the points usually be seen on the pc plus point account? I just bought something from No Frills and neither the receipt nor my online pc points plus account linked to this card shows the points.
Take a couple days to show up