• Feb 22nd, 2018 8:32 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2010
1420 posts
344 upvotes
Toronto
econ007 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 3:32 pm
same here. I applied about the same time (6:00pm yesterday) and got approval email at 2:06pm. But then, many financial company offer instant approval already. What I want to know though is what the credit limit will be. Some companies offer instant approval but with very trivial credit limits; that was almost meaningless to even apply...Angry Face
I got an absurd credit limit with mine. Should be high.
Oct 15, 2017
108 posts
28 upvotes
Canada
I usually pay bills using my online banking account, but now that I'm on the PC points train, I want to use this card instead. If someone would be kind and point me in the right direction, I would be very thankful. I'm checking the PC Financial MC site and can't see where I go to pay a phone/cable/internet bill. Do I have to go to each website (phone/cable/internet, etc.) and make the payments there? Thanks.
Nov 29, 2017
369 posts
231 upvotes
dsweetlou wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 7:34 pm
I usually pay bills using my online banking account, but now that I'm on the PC points train, I want to use this card instead. If someone would be kind and point me in the right direction, I would be very thankful. I'm checking the PC Financial MC site and can't see where I go to pay a phone/cable/internet bill. Do I have to go to each website (phone/cable/internet, etc.) and make the payments there? Thanks.
You want to go to each website and set up preauthorized billing with your credit card?
Oct 15, 2017
108 posts
28 upvotes
Canada
dsweetlou wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 7:34 pm
Omakase wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 7:40 pm
You want to go to each website and set up preauthorized billing with your credit card?
Well, not really...heard too many horror stories about automatic/pre-authorized billing (ie. gym memberships, etc.) continuing for months after the service was cancelled. That's why I've been paying through my online banking account with recurring payments. If there was a way to do that through PC Financial MC, that would be more what I was aiming for. As of now, I can't even make a online payment for my bills using the PC Financial MC. There has to be a way. I'll hit up the people at PC Financial MC and see what they say. Thanks.
-------
Spoke with the PCFMC folks and they said if I don't want to have pre-auth payments setup every month with each service provider, the only other option would be to login to each site and make a payment each month.
Oct 4, 2010
73 posts
19 upvotes
Torontoish
Felix15 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 4:37 pm
I have this card. Coupled with my Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite, it's pure gold! I double dip on points at the grocery store (4% cashback on Visa) plus the PC points for shopping there, plus digital offers. I double dip on points at Superstore gas bars too. 4% cashback on the Visa and 2c/litre PC points on the gas. Now with the Shopper's Drug Mart points/PC point merger it gets even better. 2% cashback from the Visa plus PC Optimum points for spending at Shopper's. The Scotia card is also good for 2% on recurring monthly bills.

These 2 cards are earning me over $1000/year even after the $99 fee for the Scotia card.
Wait. They let you link your PC MC to your optimum account and pay with a different card and still get the 3 pt/$ bonus? You don't actually have to pay with your PC MC? That's insane.
Nov 22, 2017
13 posts
2 upvotes
MrsDoubtfire wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 9:45 pm
Wait. They let you link your PC MC to your optimum account and pay with a different card and still get the 3 pt/$ bonus? You don't actually have to pay with your PC MC? That's insane.
I have not shopped at Shopper's Drug Mart since the merger of points, but it should be no different than if I were to shop at RCSS. Scan the M/C for points and pay with the Visa. I mostly use the M/C as a points only card. The only time I make a purchase with it is if the retailer doesn't take Visa.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
8664 posts
1492 upvotes
Felix15 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 10:52 pm
I have not shopped at Shopper's Drug Mart since the merger of points, but it should be no different than if I were to shop at RCSS. Scan the M/C for points and pay with the Visa. I mostly use the M/C as a points only card. The only time I make a purchase with it is if the retailer doesn't take Visa.
I don't see how this would work unless its a glitch, as the points are awarded on the posted mastercard charges.
Nov 22, 2017
13 posts
2 upvotes
rocking23nf wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 12:24 am
I don't see how this would work unless its a glitch, as the points are awarded on the posted mastercard charges.
You have to think of the points as 2 separate sources. One source of points is from PC Optimum and one source of points is from PC Financial. You'll receive less points if you only scan your PC Mastercard for points, but pay with a different method. I choose to pay with Scotia Visa because what I gain in cash back on that card is twice what I lose in PC Points if I had paid with the PC Mastercard.

If the only way points were awarded was on the posted Mastercard charges, then that would require every PC points member to have a PC Mastercard.
Dec 21, 2012
53 posts
65 upvotes
Just applied through the link provided and they said they will get back to me by mail in 10 days.... What happens now? Do I get a link for the e-gift card, or have to wait until I get approved?

Curious on the next steps..

Thanks!
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
3862 posts
421 upvotes
Can you use pc optimum points to redeem for any kind of gift cards?
Jan 29, 2017
687 posts
571 upvotes
fightbriz wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 5:07 am
Can you use pc optimum points to redeem for any kind of gift cards?
Not anymore.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
8664 posts
1492 upvotes
Felix15 wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 1:25 am
You have to think of the points as 2 separate sources. One source of points is from PC Optimum and one source of points is from PC Financial. You'll receive less points if you only scan your PC Mastercard for points, but pay with a different method. I choose to pay with Scotia Visa because what I gain in cash back on that card is twice what I lose in PC Points if I had paid with the PC Mastercard.

If the only way points were awarded was on the posted Mastercard charges, then that would require every PC points member to have a PC Mastercard.
yes but what are you gaining by having a PC mastercard that you don't use? you don't need a pc mastercard to earn PC points.

gas for example in the west is
35 p/litre with a PC card
70 p/litre with a pc mastercard
3% points back on total purchase with PC world elite mastercard.

if you scan but don't pay with your PC mastercard, you would get
35p/litre with pc card
70p/litre with pc mastercard ?? maybe??
3% back (no)
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
3037 posts
754 upvotes
QC
Felix15 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 10:52 pm
Scan the MC for points?
Nov 22, 2017
13 posts
2 upvotes
rocking23nf wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 10:32 am
yes but what are you gaining by having a PC mastercard that you don't use? you don't need a pc mastercard to earn PC points.

gas for example in the west is
35 p/litre with a PC card
70 p/litre with a pc mastercard
3% points back on total purchase with PC world elite mastercard.

if you scan but don't pay with your PC mastercard, you would get
35p/litre with pc card
70p/litre with pc mastercard ?? maybe??
3% back (no)
I do use the Mastercard...where I can't use my visa card. Costco, No Frills etc. I'm in Ontario.

If I buy gas here on the Mastercard, I get 4 cents/litre in points plus 1% for the purchase.
50L of gas=$2. 00 in points plus around $.58 for the purchase = $2.58.

Use pc points and visa...2 cents/litre plus 4% for the purchase. $1.00 in points plus $2.34 cashback on the visa =$3.34

Groceries at Superstore on Mastercard is 3% total (1% pc points + 2% pc financial).

Groceries using the card for points only and paying with my Visa = 1% pc points + 4% cashback on the Visa = 5%.
Nov 22, 2017
13 posts
2 upvotes
jfmartel wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 11:40 am
Scan the MC for points?
Yes, my PC Mastercard is also my PC points card.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)