Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[PC Financial World Elite Mastercard] $100 GC + 20,000 PC points

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 12th, 2019 9:31 pm
Aug 29, 2014
43 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Please note: a minimum annual personal income of $80,000 or household income of $150,000 or a minimum spend of $25,000 per year is required for this premium card. If you do not meet the minimum income requirements for the President's Choice.
Got that from the requirements. I've spent 25k in the past 12 months alone just with my TD credit card. Would I qualify? Or does the 25k have to be spent using a PC mastercard?

Follow-up: If I do qualify, how would they know I've spent 25k since it's with another bank's credit card?
Dec 20, 2016
88 posts
31 upvotes
simke123 wrote: Got that from the requirements. I've spent 25k in the past 12 months alone just with my TD credit card. Would I qualify? Or does the 25k have to be spent using a PC mastercard?

Follow-up: If I do qualify, how would they know I've spent 25k since it's with another bank's credit card?
The 25k spend will have be on the PC mastercard.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
4353 posts
3740 upvotes
Any existing World MC holders had success getting upgraded to World Elite if they don't quite hit the income/spending threshold? Do they make exceptions based on good account/payment history?
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
2656 posts
1738 upvotes
Burnaby
johnnyblayze wrote: Any existing World MC holders had success getting upgraded to World Elite if they don't quite hit the income/spending threshold? Do they make exceptions based on good account/payment history?
I was told you can request an upgrade minimum 6 months after you've used the World MC and they might upgrade you if your account is in good standing

Either way, it certainly won't hurt to try ;)
Aug 5, 2018
136 posts
581 upvotes
johnnyblayze wrote: Any existing World MC holders had success getting upgraded to World Elite if they don't quite hit the income/spending threshold? Do they make exceptions based on good account/payment history?
I tried calling in when I was at $14,850 for the upgrade from normal to world and the rep told me that it would automatically trigger when I hit 15k and she couldn't do anything about it. I didn't push the issue much, but she seemed to shut things down pretty quick on that one.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2017
2945 posts
1426 upvotes
GTA
I've this card, but my credit limit is a mere 2k! They didnt change this limit when they switched my card from the original to WE. I see that there's a way to request credit limit increase online - has anyone tried that?

I hardly use this card as there's no superstore / no frills near me ( I pretty much price match everything I buy) . Not sure if I should keep the card.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
1066 posts
460 upvotes
Vancouver
weedb0y wrote: So I got the card, where / when will I get my GC?
You have to log into ratesupermarket and determine if the status of your application has changed to approved. If so, you will get the e-giftcard emailed to you within 4 weeks after approval.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2009
1066 posts
460 upvotes
Vancouver
strike66 wrote: I signed up for a PC mastercard world elite and received it about 2-3 weeks ago. I have not been able to link it to my PC optimum account when doing it online, it gives me an error. I called in to PC Optimum and they said it takes 3-4 weeks for them to get the card info in order to link the account.

Is this true for you guys? I would have made my first purhcase already with the Mastercard but if it is not linked to my PC Optimum account, how would I get the 20k welcome pts?
Did your card ever get linked to your PC Optimum account, so that your points actually get posted? I too had this problem - manually linking it, giving me an error, and to call in even though when I applied for the card, I put in my existing PC Optimum number. PC Optimum didn't even bother to add the card to my existing account when processing my application, so I won't use it until I know the card will be linked to the existing account.
Apr 14, 2017
749 posts
717 upvotes
Cypherus21 wrote: Did your card ever get linked to your PC Optimum account, so that your points actually get posted? I too had this problem - manually linking it, giving me an error, and to call in even though when I applied for the card, I put in my existing PC Optimum number. PC Optimum didn't even bother to add the card to my existing account when processing my application, so I won't use it until I know the card will be linked to the existing account.
I ended up just making a household, and adding the cc as a separate account. Just be sure to make the household with your main account, because accs lose their offers when joining another household. Also, the points still accumulate on the cc even if it's not linked to a PC optimum acc, so it's safe to start using it.
Dec 14, 2017
110 posts
138 upvotes
Applied for and was approved for the card in September. Made a few purchases without any issues and then last week the card gets locked pending further proof that I actually applied for it. Spoke to customer support and provided the info I was asked and still not enough to verify / unlock the account. Now waiting for some security team to call me as they do not accept inbound calls or transfers from PC Support.

Anyone else experience this? I'm all for them wanting further verification to prove I actually applied for the card but when they ask questions and then say it's still not enough... brutal.

Getting annoyed and thinking of cancelling the card.
Aug 3, 2005
697 posts
325 upvotes
How does selection of type of card works?

Do you actually select which of 3 cards you want or they determine from your income?

Ie if your income is more than 80 k you get world elite...?

Want to apply for this after tangerine lowered the 1% to 0.5% on none bonus categories.
Dec 14, 2017
110 posts
138 upvotes
canadatoronto wrote: How does selection of type of card works?

Do you actually select which of 3 cards you want or they determine from your income?

Ie if your income is more than 80 k you get world elite...?

Want to apply for this after tangerine lowered the 1% to 0.5% on none bonus categories.
You just apply and based on your income you will get the corresponding card. I qualified for the World Elite based on my application. Nothing to do but apply and answer the questions.
Sep 10, 2018
659 posts
1910 upvotes
Do I care?
This is a cross reference for PCMC, Optimum program and other cards in the market.

I confirmed Esso Price Privilege card works at Mobil along with PC optimum and PC Mastercard in same transaction

1. At the pump enter phone number to lookup PC optimum account (add phone # in the app beforehand)
2. Insert Price Privilege card
3. Insert PC Mastercard (tap does not work)

Receipt shows I earned 7c/liter (700 points per 10 liters) but actual point posted in the account is slightly less (~2.5% less). I did math and saving is about 50 cents for a 60L fillup compared to using PC mastercard alone. I wouldn't make regular habit of it as tapping PC mastercard is so much quicker.

At what point using PC mastercard to pay for gas does not make sense?
In my area it's 3.5c/liter with PC optimum and 7c/liter if you pay with PC mastercard. You also earn 1% back from PC mastercard on top.
If you have 4% credit card, anytime gas is over $1.16 (eg: scotia momentum)
If you have 2% credit card, anytime gas is over $3.50 (eg: Tangerine, MBNA smart cash)

The second scenario is unrealistic right now. I believe Scotia momentum Visa does not make sense for most of us (eg: unable to pay at Costco, and only 1% more at Loblaws group). It's very difficult to recoup $99 fee just doing groceries and gas.

Is Canadian Tire triangle WE card better?
My conclusion is a no based on following
1. 7c/liter on premium, 5c/liter on plus and regular. Let's assume 6c/liter for this purpose.
2. 3% back on groceries and gas except Costco and Walmart. At loblaws group it's same 3% as PC WE.
2a. 3% at remaining grocery chains (Safeway, Sobeys, Coop, etc) - prices are generally higher at those places than Walmart/Costco/Superstore. Unless you live far away from those and don't have a car it would not make sense.
3. Canadian Tire/Marks/SportCheck (4%) - amount spent at those places for average people would not add up to make a difference. Also you can get 20% off gift card deals several times a year on them.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
Is it just me, or has it been impossible to download PDF statements from PC MasterCard's website for several days?
- casual gastronomist -
Mar 29, 2016
58 posts
6 upvotes
How to check my travel credit in account. I got 100'000 pc points in account already
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2018
1136 posts
1570 upvotes
The Dawg Pound
Credit increase data point info FWIW

Opened my account in mid-March 2018 and was given a $12K limit -- got a letter in the snail mail 2 weeks ago offering an unspecified limit increase -- just called in this morning to accept it -- I expected a long delay before getting an agent, but the process was 100% robotic and only took a few minutes -- credit limit is now $16K

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)