Expired Hot Deals

[PC Financial World Elite Mastercard] $100 GC + 20,000 PC points

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 12th, 2019 9:31 pm
Sep 10, 2018
68 posts
246 upvotes
This is a cross reference for PCMC, Optimum program and other cards in the market.

I confirmed Esso Price Privilege card works at Mobil along with PC optimum and PC Mastercard in same transaction

1. At the pump enter phone number to lookup PC optimum account (add phone # in the app beforehand)
2. Insert Price Privilege card
3. Insert PC Mastercard (tap does not work)

Receipt shows I earned 7c/liter (700 points per 10 liters) but actual point posted in the account is slightly less (~2.5% less). I did math and saving is about 50 cents for a 60L fillup compared to using PC mastercard alone. I wouldn't make regular habit of it as tapping PC mastercard is so much quicker.

At what point using PC mastercard to pay for gas does not make sense?
In my area it's 3.5c/liter with PC optimum and 7c/liter if you pay with PC mastercard. You also earn 1% back from PC mastercard on top.
If you have 4% credit card, anytime gas is over $1.16 (eg: scotia momentum)
If you have 2% credit card, anytime gas is over $3.50 (eg: Tangerine, MBNA smart cash)

The second scenario is unrealistic right now. I believe Scotia momentum Visa does not make sense for most of us (eg: unable to pay at Costco, and only 1% more at Loblaws group). It's very difficult to recoup $99 fee just doing groceries and gas.

Is Canadian Tire triangle WE card better?
My conclusion is a no based on following
1. 7c/liter on premium, 5c/liter on plus and regular. Let's assume 6c/liter for this purpose.
2. 3% back on groceries and gas except Costco and Walmart. At loblaws group it's same 3% as PC WE.
2a. 3% at remaining grocery chains (Safeway, Sobeys, Coop, etc) - prices are generally higher at those places than Walmart/Costco/Superstore. Unless you live far away from those and don't have a car it would not make sense.
3. Canadian Tire/Marks/SportCheck (4%) - amount spent at those places for average people would not add up to make a difference. Also you can get 20% off gift card deals several times a year on them.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
18543 posts
3174 upvotes
GTA West
Is it just me, or has it been impossible to download PDF statements from PC MasterCard's website for several days?
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
Mar 29, 2016
38 posts
6 upvotes
How to check my travel credit in account. I got 100'000 pc points in account already
Jan 23, 2018
172 posts
213 upvotes
Credit increase data point info FWIW

Opened my account in mid-March 2018 and was given a $12K limit -- got a letter in the snail mail 2 weeks ago offering an unspecified limit increase -- just called in this morning to accept it -- I expected a long delay before getting an agent, but the process was 100% robotic and only took a few minutes -- credit limit is now $16K
Oct 31, 2010
38 posts
10 upvotes
Calgary
wadokai wrote:
Sep 10th, 2018 10:05 am
Can you apply for this and get all the added benefits, if you already have a PC mastercard?

Anyone know the answer to this? I as well already have the lowest tier PC mastercard.
Sep 25, 2018
99 posts
91 upvotes
BC
Speedy147 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 11:23 pm
Anyone know the answer to this? I as well already have the lowest tier PC mastercard.
I don’t think there is such an offer any longer, and it is mentioned below as well! When I first applied for PC Financial WE MC, I received 20,000 PC Points. I use this card at Real Canadian Superstore, Esso, and Shoppers Drug Mart! It’s a good card with no annual fees!
"Share" is such a powerful action verb that...!
Nov 22, 2016
138 posts
68 upvotes
Garbage...got the 20,000 points but no gift card. Rate supermarket seems like a crappy company...should have known to expect this sort of thing. A big cluster f*ck to get the points now...back and forth..and back,.,.,.good times.
Oct 15, 2015
178 posts
213 upvotes
BC
jawadjaved87 wrote:
Nov 5th, 2018 6:04 pm
Deal dead now?
Deal is back on!

https://www.ratesupermarket.ca/deals

$100 GC with 20000 bonus PC pts.

But i keep getting an error when submitting the application for the mastercard. Tried multiple browsers on multiple devices.

Anyone else have any luck?
May 8, 2016
122 posts
34 upvotes
Rudeepoo wrote:
Nov 9th, 2018 11:23 pm
Deal is back on!

https://www.ratesupermarket.ca/deals

$100 GC with 20000 bonus PC pts.

But i keep getting an error when submitting the application for the mastercard. Tried multiple browsers on multiple devices.

Anyone else have any luck?
Thanks for the update. BTW where does it say about 20,000 pts?
Oct 15, 2015
178 posts
213 upvotes
BC
jawadjaved87 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2018 11:17 am
Thanks for the update. BTW where does it say about 20,000 pts?
Was finally able to apply after 4 tries.

It didn't mention 20k pts on the website from what I could see but in the email I got from ratesupermarket it mentions "up to 20000 pts".

Thanks for signing up for the RateSupermarket.ca President's Choice Financial® $100 e-Gift card and up to 20,000 PC Optimum points offer!

President's Choice Credit Card Offers
In order to qualify for this offer, make sure you fill out your credit card application online with PC Financial®! If you haven't completed your credit card application, please do so using the link below

I assume the "up to 20000 pts" refers to the 4x 5000 pts offers others were referring to.
Jan 23, 2018
172 posts
213 upvotes
The other day I suddenly stopped getting push notifications about my purchases, so I went to check my account online to see why. After finding the old login link doesn't work anymore, I had to partially re-register to regain access to my account. After sorting that out, I discovered the online interface for the card has been completely changed, and IMO it isn't for the better. They've made it look like their PC Optimum points interface, which I've never liked, but that's the least of my concerns -- what burns my butt is that not only have all my push notifications disappeared, there's no tab or clickable link on my account page to set them back up either

Thinking I must be missing something, I went into the Q&A about notifications, but there's no links to anything hiding in there either, even though the notification feature topic is still front & center from the old interface

I feel naked without those push notifications. Who TF rolls out a new credit card interface that REMOVES security features that benefit both issuer and cardholder alike?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
2472 posts
622 upvotes
Ontario
Does this card give you 3% at Wholesale Club (owned by Loblaws)?
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay
Bank: Alterna (2%+, no fees)
Brokers: IB (For. stocks/low comm)/Reg. RBCDI(service, USD)
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2008
1111 posts
197 upvotes
End of nowhere
Deals seems dead for PC master card