Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[PC Financial World Elite Mastercard] $100 GC + 20,000 PC points

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 12th, 2019 9:31 pm
Jun 5, 2009
243 posts
559 upvotes
Vancouver
EdisonL299 wrote: Yes. Anything including gift cards. That's the beauty of this card.
I was just in a Loblaws City Market and there was a sign at the till "PC Points cannot be redeemed for gift cards, phone cards, (forget what else) at this time..." I'm sure it is related to the points theft/data breach/etc so hopefully not permanent.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
3946 posts
2937 upvotes
Markham
Rates supermarket is legit. But like others said, its kind of slow and the giftcard is a egiftcard, not physical card they put in the mail.
If its been 1 month since card's approved and you still havent rec the egiftcard, email them.
I do find it a little confusing when I sign up for a card thru them, its not explicitly clear (e.g. compared to ebates) that I am signing up a credit card thru the rates link for example.
Dec 20, 2016
16 posts
6 upvotes
So I got approved and it seems the 20k point they essentially send you 5k points coupon x 4.

I wonder if I don't activate and say I never got the card, will they send the 20k again and if I can apply it?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 12, 2005
8152 posts
92 upvotes
huntingdeal247 wrote: So I got approved and it seems the 20k point they essentially send you 5k points coupon x 4.

I wonder if I don't activate and say I never got the card, will they send the 20k again and if I can apply it?
Things people do...
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2014
1375 posts
505 upvotes
Ottawa
jEnkinsX wrote: Can't confirm but someone on Personal Finance said you cannot redeem points and buy gift cards anymore. Sad if true :(
Unfortunately this is true, at least for the Ottawa stores I've been to. They just recently posted signs at all checkouts stating no redemption for gift cards and press paid.
Nov 26, 2014
372 posts
278 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
DarkVelvet55 wrote: Unfortunately this is true, at least for the Ottawa stores I've been to. They just recently posted signs at all checkouts stating no redemption for gift cards and press paid.
It is true.
Oct 21, 2016
313 posts
149 upvotes
I already have the PC World Card.

If I sign up for this, do I just cancel my old card? What would happen to my points?
Aug 11, 2012
768 posts
298 upvotes
How soon do you get the 20,000 pts after the credit card? Does it just appear in your PC Plus account or ?
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2007
1677 posts
726 upvotes
REALBAUCE wrote: How soon do you get the 20,000 pts after the credit card? Does it just appear in your PC Plus account or ?
There are 4 coupons of 5000 pts ( came along with your credit card ) for you to redeem at participating grocery stores.
Aug 11, 2012
768 posts
298 upvotes
nav888 wrote: There are 4 coupons of 5000 pts ( came along with your credit card ) for you to redeem at participating grocery stores.
Thanks
Oct 11, 2013
164 posts
19 upvotes
Markham, ON
I just received this card and was wondering how it works with Esso. Is it only 20 PC points per litre in gas? Not for any purchases at Esso stations?

Also, I read there are always bonus PC points deals to be had. I never had PC points before. What kind of deals should I be looking out for so it's more worthwhile to use this card at 10 PC points per dollar vs. Tangerine 2% cash back at grocery stores?
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2007
1677 posts
726 upvotes
jk43234 wrote: I just received this card and was wondering how it works with Esso. Is it only 20 PC points per litre in gas? Not for any purchases at Esso stations?

Also, I read there are always bonus PC points deals to be had. I never had PC points before. What kind of deals should I be looking out for so it's more worthwhile to use this card at 10 PC points per dollar vs. Tangerine 2% cash back at grocery stores?
You are right! Tangerine card is better if you get the silver card! Your other purchases inside Esso stations still have 1% of points back.

PC points
Jun 6, 2007
137 posts
18 upvotes
Will I get penalized if I cancel the credit card once I receive the $100 GC?
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2011
1151 posts
340 upvotes
jesonmiranda wrote: Will I get penalized if I cancel the credit card once I receive the $100 GC?
What do you mean by penalized? You're free to cancel the card anytime you want, the gift card won't be cancelled. If you're talking about your credit rating that's something else.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2011
1151 posts
340 upvotes
huntingdeal247 wrote: So I got approved and it seems the 20k point they essentially send you 5k points coupon x 4.

The points are tied to your name and account. They can see whether you've used the points or not. If you've genuinely lost your coupons, they will credit you 20000 points upon 4 individual purchases when completed. The good news is there is no expiry date for completing the purchases unlike the coupons which have a 2-3 month expiry date. So, no, you won't be able to screw with them.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2010
1017 posts
786 upvotes
Canada
jesonmiranda wrote: Will I get penalized if I cancel the credit card once I receive the $100 GC?
Finding the best deal is different from abusing the promotion . Put yourself in Loblaws' shoes before you apply for the card .
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2011
1151 posts
340 upvotes
CarsonKT wrote: I accidentally put the 20000 point coupon in my paper shredderFace With Tears Of Joy
Anyway to ask them to credit the point to my account? Or resend the coupon?
Call them up and explain what happened, they'll give you 20000 points in one shot once you completed 4 individual purchases (no expiry date.)
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2011
1151 posts
340 upvotes
droidkid wrote: Trying to decide if I want to apply for this world elite card or the Tangerine MasterCard. Looks like they have a cool system where you pick categories that you use.
Get both! Wait for Tangerine to offer a $100 GC (they include Amazon).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)