Ongoing Deal Discussion

[PC Financial World Elite Mastercard] $100 GC + 20,000 PC points

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2017 2:00 am
Sep 27, 2007
158 posts
40 upvotes
Vancouver
Just checked my Transuinion through Creditkarma after getting approved, and I can confirm that they made 2 credit inquiries. Only lowered my points by 8 though. Why two credit checks?
May 26, 2005
490 posts
91 upvotes
jk43234 wrote:
Feb 17th, 2017 8:33 am
I just received this card and was wondering how it works with Esso. Is it only 20 PC points per litre in gas? Not for any purchases at Esso stations?

Also, I read there are always bonus PC points deals to be had. I never had PC points before. What kind of deals should I be looking out for so it's more worthwhile to use this card at 10 PC points per dollar vs. Tangerine 2% cash back at grocery stores?
I think it is 20 or 30 PC points per litre? Depends on what grade of gas you get.

Here is what the terms and conditions say:
Earn 3 cents per purchased litre of Esso Supreme (Octane 91) and Esso SUPREME+ (Octane 93) gasoline only. Earn 2 cents per purchased litre on other gasoline or diesel. Cents per litre is payable in PC points when you use your President’s Choice Financial World Elite MasterCard at Esso stations in Canada. 2 cents per litre amounts to 20 PC points. 3 cents per litre amounts to 30 PC points.
For PC points, load the PC Points app on your phone to check what the offers are. They change every week.
Mar 18, 2007
196 posts
24 upvotes
Diggingupbones wrote:
Feb 7th, 2017 12:12 am
Goodluck getting approved with Tangerine. The approvals are a joke even with 700+ credit ratings, flawless payment history and low utilization.
I recently got one... easy peasy :shrug:

Enjoying getting 4% CASH back on gas purchases (I spend about $250/month on gas).

The CASH goes straight into your tangerine account monthly. Right now they will also give you $50 CASH for opening an account
Last edited by MrDisco on Feb 20th, 2017 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: no referral requests
Sep 15, 2007
534 posts
16 upvotes
I just received this mastercard and I tried to activate the card, but they said I need to call back with the phone number they have on file. I have no idea what this phone number is as I only have one phone (maybe I entered the wrong phone number when I signed up for my card?). I received my rewards associated with this card already, are there any consequences for getting the awards without actually activating my card?
Oct 17, 2006
271 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver
Has anyone tried signing up without already having a PC points card? Or is this a requirement before signing up?
Mar 4, 2009
331 posts
69 upvotes
Ottawa
I signed up 8 days ago, the card came today! Hopefully the GC comes equally fast.

I don't have a PC points card, to answer the last poster's question.
Oct 17, 2006
271 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver
cdwalkman wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2017 9:30 pm
I signed up 8 days ago, the card came today! Hopefully the GC comes equally fast.

Thanks, so did you get your 20k points as well on a separate PC points card?
Jul 6, 2016
10 posts
6 upvotes
fellows wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2017 10:55 pm
Thanks, so did you get your 20k points as well on a separate PC points card?
They come in a series of 4, 5000 point coupons that you use at checkout, its really clunky actually.

You have to present the coupon while paying with your card, and it has to be 4 seperate visits. It says the points will show up, once scanned, within like 30 days. This is a sum up of the actual legalese thats on the back.

Do watch out though, the coupons are in one of the pamphlets and are pretty easy to miss.

Edit:
Can confirm 2 credit hits.
Last edited by Valize on Feb 22nd, 2017 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 4, 2009
331 posts
69 upvotes
Ottawa
Valize wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2017 11:27 pm
They come in a series of 4, 5000 point coupons that you use at checkout, its really clunky actually.

You have to present the coupon while paying with your card, and it has to be 4 seperate visits. It says the points will show up, once scanned, within like 30 days. This is a sum up of the actual legalese thats on the back.

Do watch out though, the coupons are in one of the pamphlets and are pretty easy to miss.
Thanks for the heads up, I haven't gone through the stuff in the envelope yet.
Jan 14, 2011
937 posts
208 upvotes
Valize wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2017 11:27 pm

They're not in one of the pamphlets, they're on the 2nd page of the main sheet that has your card. You can't miss them.
Apr 14, 2016
1 posts
Should I link the credit card to my already existing pcplus account or make it a new one? What's more lucrative?
Feb 7, 2017
15 posts
10 upvotes
melikeydeals wrote:
Feb 6th, 2017 11:54 am
I think that you can buy gift cards with your PC points, including prepaid Visas which can then be converted into cash, however I could be wrong.
Hi you are right, you used to be able to, but recently there's an hack and many people's PC point has been stolen so they put an ban to it. For now, u can only use it to buy groceries.
Aug 11, 2011
173 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto
cdwalkman wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2017 9:30 pm

Did you end up getting the GC?
Apr 17, 2015
76 posts
25 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I received the credit card but never received the gift card.

Submitted a Gift Card Inquiry and got this message: Thank you for submitting a Gift Card Inquiry Form. We apologize for the delay and are committed to resolving this matter to your satisfaction. Please allow up to 6 weeks for the processing of your request.
Mar 13, 2011
141 posts
59 upvotes
Mississauga
I got my gift card last week