• Oct 9th, 2017 12:49 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Aug 24, 2016
11664 posts
14020 upvotes
Win-ter-peg
CrazyPete wrote: Anyone know the best way to go about getting a credit limit raise on this card? The original PC MasterCard was one of the first I ever got so the credit limit was a low $1500.

I used it a lot from 2010-2013. In 2013 I had one missed payment when I lost track of some mail. In 2014 I got upgraded by them from the old silver card to the World card. Around that time I applied through online banking for a credit increase. They denied me.

Then I pretty much never used the card from 2015-2017.

Now I wanted to start using it again more but the $1500 limit is low so I applied again for a increase through online banking and they denied me again.

My credit score is 721 and that one payment in 2013 is the only black spot I have. I'm wondering if maybe they denied me because I hardly used the card in last 2 years or maybe because I have too many cards (5 total including 3 I got in the last 2 months).

The limits on my other cards are mostly 4000-5000 other than my RBC card which I've had over 10 years and has a 19,000 limit.
It's probably 100% your lack of use of the card.
Try using it more, charging 50-70% of the limit for a good 6 months or so, then ask for an increase.
If they deny you again, tell them where to stick the card.
I have the exact same issue with CIBC. They never offer me limit increases, and the requests I've made in the past have all been declined.
Meanwhile I'm always offered limit increases on other cards, and have no issues getting new cards.
Last call I made to them about an increase, the CSR told me the system analyzes the account and its usage, and determines if an increase in warranted.
Apparently because I never came anywhere close to its 3k limit, the system feels I have a sufficient credit limit.
There is no option for them to over ride that, so he says.
But whatever, I just use cards from issuers that appreciate their customers, and use the CIBC card only for my free Tim's goodies.
They lose, I win Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Sep 2, 2016
228 posts
15 upvotes
mkl38s wrote: I always got 3x for T&T and Shoppers, but that was a while back. I haven't use it much at these 2 places as of late though, so not sure if policy was changed lately
How can you get 3% back with the World card? It is 2% back at PC Stores except if you have the World Elite instead...
Deal Guru
Aug 24, 2016
11664 posts
14020 upvotes
Win-ter-peg
frank2243 wrote: How can you get 3% back with the World card? It is 2% back at PC Stores except if you have the World Elite instead...
He has WE
Banned
Mar 23, 2017
90 posts
105 upvotes
London, ON
I applied for this and sent my ID ,fingers crossed for world or better
Last edited by m3usv1ta on Jul 29th, 2017 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 2, 2016
228 posts
15 upvotes
m3usv1ta wrote: I applied for this and sent my I'd ,fingers crossed for world or better
Yeah nice cards for no fee.
Deal Guru
Aug 24, 2016
11664 posts
14020 upvotes
Win-ter-peg
MoneyHypeMike wrote: Anyone know what is the minimum credit limit for this card?
I don't think there's any such thing with PCMC cards.
I've heard of them handing out 1k limits on the WE, and as low as $300 on the silver card.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2015
6184 posts
4811 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
coolintheshade wrote: I don't think there's any such thing with PCMC cards.
I've heard of them handing out 1k limits on the WE, and as low as $300 on the silver card.
Ok, great thanks for the info. 1K for a World Elite lol, I thought it was minimum 5K for that card!
Alterna Bank Thread

TFSA Portfolio: ATD|CNQ|NA|SJ
RRSP Portfolio: ELV|URI|WSM
Deal Guru
Aug 24, 2016
11664 posts
14020 upvotes
Win-ter-peg
MoneyHypeMike wrote: Ok, great thanks for the info. 1K for a World Elite lol, I thought it was minimum 5K for that card!
It's PCMC there are no rules lol
Sep 2, 2016
228 posts
15 upvotes
coolintheshade wrote: I don't think there's any such thing with PCMC cards.
MoneyHypeMike wrote: Ok, great thanks for the info. 1K for a World Elite lol, I thought it was minimum 5K for that card!
If you go in the WE thread, there are stories of people that got a WE card with a 300$ limit.
Deal Guru
Aug 24, 2016
11664 posts
14020 upvotes
Win-ter-peg
frank2243 wrote: If you go in the WE thread, there are stories of people that got a WE card with a 300$ limit.
Why don't I doubt this :facepalm:
Sep 2, 2016
228 posts
15 upvotes
diav wrote: How difficult would it be for me to go from Silver MC to World MC? I called in once to ask if I could get upgraded from Silver MC to World Elite MC but was denied...
You might be interested in that thread.