Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5335 posts
1737 upvotes
Toronto
Started playing a bit of ABZU last night. What an absolutely gorgeous relaxing game. Picked up the Humble monthly for Xcom2 but I think that's going to end up being my favorite game in the bundle

Getting close to the end of Fallout 4 as well. I think I'm going to side with the Railroad for the ending. Institute is basically a cult and the Brotherhood and Minutemen are a bit too heavy on the military bro code crap for me to get behind. Enjoyed this game a lot and don't relate to the harsh criticism it got around launch. Maybe I would've felt differently if I paid $80 and tried to play 60+ hours the first month it was out without any mods or cheats, but I'm glad I waited because I seemed to have had a more pleasant experience than others. I've always believed rushing into Bethesda games the minute they come out is robbing yourself of the ideal experience and this game reinforced that belief for me
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
2000 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
The new humble has Total War Warhammer for its early unlock. That's insane! It's an 80% discount on a huge new title, plus whatever else is in the grab bag (even if it's 6 copies of my little ponies or something it's still worth it). Humble has been hitting it out of the park for the past two months for sure.
Steam: Sir Boors
PSN: Sir_Boors

It's a great time to be a nerd.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
6019 posts
810 upvotes
Grimsby
Thanks for the heads up on that, I've heard nothing but good things about Total War Warhammer and was waiting to grab a cheap copy down the line.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
981 upvotes
Vaughan
Man, that Humble Freedom bundle is fantastic. Wish I had a better computer for all those games.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10195 posts
733 upvotes
Mississauga
Looking forward to the Planescape Torment sort-of sequel coming out later this month. The original was one of the great games of its time.
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
14605 posts
1110 upvotes
Toronto
Have you guys played a game called Siberia? I bought it along with other games from a2g for like $5 and it looked boring but if you give it some patience it's a pretty engaging game.

I'm not sure what the genre is called bit you use a mouse to move the character click by click a d you read a lot or in rhis case it is voiced dialogue.

Reminds me of the old days of red alert where you moved fleets of soldiers and talks by making a large selection and clicking somewhere on the map for them to move.

Check it out for some old school gaming.
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
14605 posts
1110 upvotes
Toronto
I replayed through splinter cell conviction over the weekend and I must say the graphics are amazing for a game that came out in 2010. I finished it again and decided to buy blacklist. Kind of bummed how Sam Fisher looks younger in blacklist than he does in conviction but I guess it's a prequel? Really enjou the splinter cell series. Great looking game and talents tour patience.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
2000 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
Supercooled wrote:
Feb 15th, 2017 2:09 am
I replayed through splinter cell conviction over the weekend and I must say the graphics are amazing for a game that came out in 2010. I finished it again and decided to buy blacklist. Kind of bummed how Sam Fisher looks younger in blacklist than he does in conviction but I guess it's a prequel? Really enjou the splinter cell series. Great looking game and talents tour patience.
I always wanted to try conviction but isn't the pc version borked or something? Most steam reviews talk about how essentially ubi has abandoned it and it's an all around poor port. Kept me off from buying it.
Steam: Sir Boors
PSN: Sir_Boors

It's a great time to be a nerd.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
6019 posts
810 upvotes
Grimsby
Some of the Ryzen benches are looking promising and pricing looks attractive so far, I'm getting stoked to do a new PC build. Something that gets Intel off their coasting derrieres would be nice too.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17733 posts
1318 upvotes
I sent my wonky R9 290 Turbo Duo 4GB back to Powercolor for RMA (for the 4th time) and they finally sidegraded me to a new RX 480 Red Devil 8GB. All fine and dandy except the shroud and backplate is longer than the PCB making the total length 12.2 inches. Guess what the maximum length of card my case takes. 12.2 inches. :lol:

I will find time to pop it in some time this weekend and make it sweat.
Redmask wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2017 3:50 pm
Some of the Ryzen benches are looking promising and pricing looks attractive so far, I'm getting stoked to do a new PC build. Something that gets Intel off their coasting derrieres would be nice too.
It certainly looks good. From 1995 to about 2008, my main rigs all had AMD CPUs but with the release of the i7 920, I jumped ship Intel as AMD really didn't have anything to compete in enthusiast market anymore.

I'm quite happy to see AMD finally bringing some competition back and that can only mean good things for us.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
981 upvotes
Vaughan
Miss my gaming PC. One day I'll bring it back.

That recent freedom humble bundle depressed me.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
6019 posts
810 upvotes
Grimsby
Haz wrote:
Feb 24th, 2017 7:38 pm
It certainly looks good. From 1995 to about 2008, my main rigs all had AMD CPUs but with the release of the i7 920, I jumped ship Intel as AMD really didn't have anything to compete in enthusiast market anymore.

I'm quite happy to see AMD finally bringing some competition back and that can only mean good things for us.
Yeah I really don't need to upgrade at all but I'm doing another build anyway just because its been so long since I've had an AMD platform. I just hope the mobo vendors don't screw it up. I really miss Nforce2 way back when Nvidia made AMD boards haha.

The pricing looks pretty good so far on the high end stuff, the mainstream chips should be very affordable and IPC looks solid. So far so good!
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
27266 posts
1768 upvotes
Winnipeg
squadz wrote:
Feb 25th, 2017 8:45 pm
Miss my gaming PC. One day I'll bring it back.

That recent freedom humble bundle depressed me.
freedom took a hit when trump got in office
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
27266 posts
1768 upvotes
Winnipeg
BYan wrote:
Jan 15th, 2017 11:32 am
I think PC is going through a bit of a boom lately. Even Tekken is coming to PC, and MS of all people are doing some good things with their crossplay thing. Not surprised at all, since most games are being made to run on high end rigs before they are specialized for their respective platforms.
i don't understand, what has changed? are consoles becoming less relevant than they used to be? the pc market has been shrinking and now the dev are focused on it?
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
17733 posts
1318 upvotes
divx wrote:
Feb 25th, 2017 9:50 pm
i don't understand, what has changed? are consoles becoming less relevant than they used to be? the pc market has been shrinking and now the dev are focused on it?
While PC shipments are down, PC gaming revenue is up with the market reaching $36 billion in 2016.

http://www.pcgamer.com/pc-gaming-market ... n-in-2016/

When they talk about a decline in PC shipments, I believe those are fully built OEM systems so they don't account for many PC gamers out there.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)