• Nov 7th, 2017 10:06 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2011
1942 posts
1293 upvotes
Montreal
I actually still have to finish Wolfenstein TNO, which I bought about a month ago. I had started it, then the COD WW2 beta came out, then that put me in the mood to play BF1. Then the Battlefront 2 beta came out and then went back to BF1 again. Pretty much just been playing BF1 recently, but I do want to finish the Wolfenstein games. I also played through Rise of the Tomb Raider from the last Humble monthly.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10141 posts
699 upvotes
Mississauga
ReeGee wrote:
Oct 25th, 2017 8:33 pm
What's everyone playing lately or picking up for the fall season? It's been a good year for PC releases with more big releases coming up this month and next. I can't wait for Wolfenstein this Friday.
Star Wars Battlefront II. I'm also interested in Divinity: Original Sin II, which has gotten universal critical acclaim (Gamespot gave it a perfect 10). I have the original game, and haven't even played it though. I'm so bad at doing that. My Steam games list is too long.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5926 posts
771 upvotes
Grimsby
I've been playing D:OS II and its pretty great now that its been patched up a bit. Much better story than the first game too. The amount of sequence breaking you can do in it is hilarious and I love the combat system.

The rest of my time is split between the SNES Classic and the Switch. Coming up I would like to play the new Wolfenstein game.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5254 posts
1694 upvotes
Toronto
Talamasca wrote:
Oct 26th, 2017 12:06 pm
Star Wars Battlefront II. I'm also interested in Divinity: Original Sin II, which has gotten universal critical acclaim (Gamespot gave it a perfect 10). I have the original game, and haven't even played it though. I'm so bad at doing that. My Steam games list is too long.
Redmask wrote:
Oct 26th, 2017 12:12 pm
I've been playing D:OS II and its pretty great now that its been patched up a bit. Much better story than the first game too. The amount of sequence breaking you can do in it is hilarious and I love the combat system.

The rest of my time is split between the SNES Classic and the Switch. Coming up I would like to play the new Wolfenstein game.
I was meaning to check out the first Divinity OS when it was brought up in this thread way back and I remember Redmask having good things to say about it then but after hearing how much better D:OS II is, especially in regards to the story, I'll probably just skip ahead to the sequel. Quite a few people on my steam list have been playing it lately and I've heard nothing but good things. I've also heard great things about Prey and want to check that out too.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
5254 posts
1694 upvotes
Toronto
clee290 wrote:
Oct 25th, 2017 11:23 pm
I actually still have to finish Wolfenstein TNO, which I bought about a month ago. I had started it, then the COD WW2 beta came out, then that put me in the mood to play BF1. Then the Battlefront 2 beta came out and then went back to BF1 again. Pretty much just been playing BF1 recently, but I do want to finish the Wolfenstein games. I also played through Rise of the Tomb Raider from the last Humble monthly.
Highly recommend finishing TNO dude. Was my fav SP FPS up until DOOM. I like them both equally for different reasons. TNO is amazing for its story and atmosphere
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10141 posts
699 upvotes
Mississauga
ReeGee wrote:
Oct 26th, 2017 12:51 pm
I was meaning to check out the first Divinity OS when it was brought up in this thread way back and I remember Redmask having good things to say about it then but after hearing how much better D:OS II is, especially in regards to the story, I'll probably just skip ahead to the sequel. Quite a few people on my steam list have been playing it lately and I've heard nothing but good things. I've also heard great things about Prey and want to check that out too.
I have had that you don't need to play the first Divinity to understand the sequel, as it is set centuries later (yet their technology advancement hasn't progressed at all lol), so that makes it easier to just play the sequel.

There are some similar RPGs that came out this year like Pillars of Eternity, Torment: Tides of Numenera, and Tyranny, that all got great reviews. They are all party-based RPGs that have a similar aesthetic and gameplay to Baldur's Gate, one of (if not the) greatest RPG of all time. I loved BG back in the day, and own the enhanced versions too.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2404 posts
488 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone see anything worthwhile Stateside for PC Gaming?