• Last Updated:
  • Sep 11th, 2018 4:45 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 20, 2009
6721 posts
1371 upvotes
Grimsby
Really sad. Way too young. And damn, when he said he didn't have long left I don't think anyone expected three weeks. He said he was feeling better a few days ago too.
Damned shame, really nice guy and did fantastic coverage of PC content. That happened to my mother when she went off the cancer meds, they have all sorts of side effects. She bounced back for a little while before her body finally gave out.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6241 posts
2320 upvotes
Toronto
TB was a pillar in the PC gaming community and made a lot of quality informative content. RIP
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6241 posts
2320 upvotes
Toronto
I think it starts at 1PM EST. Not expecting much but if I can grab a couple older games on my wishlist I'll be happy
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2174 posts
253 upvotes
I picked up Prey 2017. Games more nerve racking than I expected, but the micro-gravity segments are neat and the way it incorporates those looking glass panels into secrets and stuff is really cool.
Aug 20, 2009
6721 posts
1371 upvotes
Grimsby
Finished up with Divinity: Original Sin 2. Much better game than the first, 9/10 for sure. Plot and character arcs are more interesting, the combat system is very challenging yet rewarding and the game is surprisingly large. I think I've spent 70-80 hours total on it but that's one run, I could definitely do a few others. The game has a ton of replayability thanks to the difficulty levels and complex character builds. The way you can approach encounters in the game is just so refreshing and open. I ran into numerous seemingly impossible battles that I was able to eventually overcome with positioning, tactics and sometimes outright abuse of game mechanics. I also loved the way you can break entire questlines and the game just keeps on chugging.

Anyways definitely Larians best offering to date and given how successful it was, gives me hope their next one will be a masterpiece. The Definitive Edition is launching August 31, same day as the console releases and will be a free upgrade to existing owners. Good time to get into it for the improved quest log if nothing else.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
28989 posts
2127 upvotes
Winnipeg
Redmask wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 11:23 am
Finished up with Divinity: Original Sin 2. Much better game than the first, 9/10 for sure. Plot and character arcs are more interesting, the combat system is very challenging yet rewarding and the game is surprisingly large. I think I've spent 70-80 hours total on it but that's one run, I could definitely do a few others. The game has a ton of replayability thanks to the difficulty levels and complex character builds. The way you can approach encounters in the game is just so refreshing and open. I ran into numerous seemingly impossible battles that I was able to eventually overcome with positioning, tactics and sometimes outright abuse of game mechanics. I also loved the way you can break entire questlines and the game just keeps on chugging.

Anyways definitely Larians best offering to date and given how successful it was, gives me hope their next one will be a masterpiece. The Definitive Edition is launching August 31, same day as the console releases and will be a free upgrade to existing owners. Good time to get into it for the improved quest log if nothing else.
what do you think of pillars of eternity and pillars of eternity 2?
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10632 posts
986 upvotes
Mississauga
I always get Divinity and Pillars of Eternity mixed up. I have both, but can't even remember which parts. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Aug 20, 2009
6721 posts
1371 upvotes
Grimsby
divx wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 12:29 pm
what do you think of pillars of eternity and pillars of eternity 2?
They're very different games in terms of their combat systems. D:OS 2 is turn based, POE/POE2 are real-time with pause. POE was a pretty middling experience for me but the expansions really fleshed it out. I wasn't that into the characters and world though. POE2 is a huge improvement over the first game and the setting is more interesting. The combat has been polished a lot and if you're looking for something almost like Baldur's Gate then its the closest you will get. You can easily play POE2 without playing the first, it has a quick-start history builder and will give you a breakdown on the first games plot.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
28989 posts
2127 upvotes
Winnipeg
Redmask wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 12:39 pm
They're very different games in terms of their combat systems. D:OS 2 is turn based, POE/POE2 are real-time with pause. POE was a pretty middling experience for me but the expansions really fleshed it out. I wasn't that into the characters and world though. POE2 is a huge improvement over the first game and the setting is more interesting. The combat has been polished a lot and if you're looking for something almost like Baldur's Gate then its the closest you will get. You can easily play POE2 without playing the first, it has a quick-start history builder and will give you a breakdown on the first games plot.
ah i don't have divinity, just pillars, will grab divinity at the next sale
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6241 posts
2320 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone picking up Yakuza 0 on Steam? It launched today and is apparently a very good port. I've got it preloaded and can't wait to get home and start it. Was waiting on a good discount on PS4 before the PC version got announced for $20 so this worked out great for me.
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2005
2146 posts
94 upvotes
Anyone try MHW on the pc yet? I wonder how easy it is with a kb and mouse to aim.
Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8
Gigabyte Z170X
32GB Corsair Dominator DDR4 3400
Asus Strix 1080 GTX
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2
Asus ROG Swift PG348Q
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
2514 posts
1108 upvotes
Burlington
jdmkidd wrote:
Aug 9th, 2018 10:56 pm
Anyone try MHW on the pc yet? I wonder how easy it is with a kb and mouse to aim.
Literally everything is better on PC, save for maybe Rocket League.

I've played Witcher 3, Assassins Creed, Shadow of Mordor, etc on both PC and Xbox, they all play and feel better on M/KB. I'm sure MHW will be the same unless it's a terribly done port.
Nov 29, 2015
260 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto, ON
So i am debating as to what platform I should purchase PES 2019. I own both PS4 and a budget laptop - AMD dell 5575 with Rayzen graphics card. Should I purchase the PC version since there are more ways to get patches and fixes or stick with PS4. I am so confused.

Also, I do have a credit with EB games, is there the ability to pre-order PC games such as the above with them. I do not see this option available online but with the PS4 game I could.

Cheers!
Banned
Jul 6, 2009
1267 posts
25 upvotes
Quake Champions is free to play on Steam now. Worth it to download and play?

Also wanted to ask is PUBG any good on Steam?
<Signature removed> - It made fun of a former user named "a-tree" and his narcissistic attitude. However, he's permanently banned from these Forums so no need for this signature anymore. Good riddance!