Home & Garden

PC Home Insurance Claims - Easy or Hassle?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 13th, 2007 4:35 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton

PC Home Insurance Claims - Easy or Hassle?

Has anyone tried to make a claim with President's Choice Home Insurance? Was it simple or a hassle?

I don't have a claim to make or anything like that, but I'm just wondering because I'm making a little more money these days and could afford to switch to something else if it was a lot better.
- casual gastronomist -
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2005
5853 posts
1695 upvotes
total hassles from my end

their call center is over seas so you get a rep who doesn't really understand your situation to the fullest extent.

i now pay 6 bucks more a year and am happily insured elsewhere
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
202 upvotes
Hassle for just applying.
Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like. -- Will Smith
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Stay hungry, stay foolish.
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4136 upvotes
Ottawa
ssainani wrote: total hassles from my end

their call center is over seas so you get a rep who doesn't really understand your situation to the fullest extent.

i now pay 6 bucks more a year and am happily insured elsewhere
Have you ever even made a claim?

My claim advisor's english was just as good as mine. so if he was from overseas then they've got a really good education system. He called back on time every time he said he would. Made sure everything was to my liking during the entire process.

The helpdesk or sales department is overseas yes, but the claims department is here.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
ssainani wrote: their call center is over seas so you get a rep who doesn't really understand your situation to the fullest extent.
Yes their call centre is in India... I have an Indian name so I always get asked about it by people in Indian call centres.

Though it's good to hear that the claims centre is apparently in the Western world. That was the reason I started this thread, as I thought it would be pretty hard to deal with any claim if I had to communicate with those indian folks.
- casual gastronomist -