• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2018 12:20 pm
Nov 12, 2012
320 posts
109 upvotes
Port Moody
newfbc wrote:
Sep 19th, 2018 8:12 pm
To follow up on this.. I made a $117.60 online Shoppers Beauty purchase on a 20x day.

Received:
31500 points - 20x purchase on website
23520 points - PC insider 20x PCF points
1176 points - base PCF points
2352 points - PCF WE bonus

58548 points total - pretty much 50% of spend. Awesome deal!

(Plus $4.20 ebates!)

Ron.
This is AMAZING - but is it standard for all luxury purchases on the website - or was it a special 20x web event?

If it was a website 20x day, how do we stay on top of this? I would totally take advantage of this to stock up on my luxury beauty. You can't get a deal like this ANYWHERE!
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
3496 posts
1392 upvotes
Vancouver
pokee99 wrote:
Sep 26th, 2018 12:55 pm
This is AMAZING - but is it standard for all luxury purchases on the website - or was it a special 20x web event?

If it was a website 20x day, how do we stay on top of this? I would totally take advantage of this to stock up on my luxury beauty. You can't get a deal like this ANYWHERE!
Website bonus days typically match in store bonus days.

Ron.
Nov 12, 2012
320 posts
109 upvotes
Port Moody
newfbc wrote:
Sep 26th, 2018 1:01 pm
Website bonus days typically match in store bonus days.

Ron.
Great - I thought the 20x points days those were in-store only - but maybe I am just thinking of the wording on my personalized offers.

And with these deals - we should be able to stack, right? For example, right now on the website, you can get 5x the points for Soap and Glory products (and there doesn't appear to be any fine print attached to that stipulating T&C).
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
3496 posts
1392 upvotes
Vancouver
pokee99 wrote:
Sep 26th, 2018 1:04 pm
Great - I thought the 20x points days those were in-store only - but maybe I am just thinking of the wording on my personalized offers.

And with these deals - we should be able to stack, right? For example, right now on the website, you can get 5x the points for Soap and Glory products (and there doesn't appear to be any fine print attached to that stipulating T&C).
Things like that typically stack.. and if there's a 'gift' bonus offer you will get that as well. Last week they offered a free $100 value gift bag of products with any $75 luxury beauty spend. That was included in my order as well. :)

Ron.
Dec 8, 2011
540 posts
496 upvotes
Toronto
@newfbc just a quick question, if both the insiders and store/website promo are 20x, why are the insiders points less ?

I didn’t shop at last’s 20x the points offer because I thought insiders offer had a cap of 10,000 max for the month ( I’m sure I read this wrong now) since you received more than that on your purchase .
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
3496 posts
1392 upvotes
Vancouver
Catalina26 wrote:
Sep 26th, 2018 2:48 pm
@newfbc just a quick question, if both the insiders and store/website promo are 20x, why are the insiders points less ?

I didn’t shop at last’s 20x the points offer because I thought insiders offer had a cap of 10,000 max for the month ( I’m sure I read this wrong now) since you received more than that on your purchase .
Store purchase = 15 points per dollar, PCF Mastercard = 10 points per dollar.

For all points offers: There is a total maximum of $10,000 per calendar month in eligible purchases across all categories that reward loyalty points through the PC Insiders Program. Points will be awarded within 2 weeks of purchase and will appear in your loyalty transactions list within the PC Optimum app and at pcoptimum.ca, described as "PC Insiders Subscription" points. Points will be deducted for any returns.

Ron.
Nov 12, 2012
320 posts
109 upvotes
Port Moody
newfbc wrote:
Sep 26th, 2018 1:30 pm
Things like that typically stack.. and if there's a 'gift' bonus offer you will get that as well. Last week they offered a free $100 value gift bag of products with any $75 luxury beauty spend. That was included in my order as well. :)

Ron.
Great score!!!

I've never shopped online from the Beauty Boutique before...how was shipping? Canada Post? And did it come from Toronto - or is stock sourced out west, too?
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
3496 posts
1392 upvotes
Vancouver
pokee99 wrote:
Sep 26th, 2018 3:22 pm
Great score!!!

I've never shopped online from the Beauty Boutique before...how was shipping? Canada Post? And did it come from Toronto - or is stock sourced out west, too?
It does come from Toronto, shipped Canada Post.. placed my order Friday night.. it was picked on Saturday and marked Shipped. Received it the following Thursday (in Vancouver).

Ron.
Dec 2, 2009
430 posts
60 upvotes
BC
Has anyone used the travel credit yet? It's supposed to be $100 credit through the PC travel program?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6658 posts
4187 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
mx703 wrote:
Oct 4th, 2018 5:50 pm
Has anyone used the travel credit yet? It's supposed to be $100 credit through the PC travel program?
You are not the first person to ask this question...
I used the Topic Search feature to pull up posts that contained the words - Used Travel Credit - skim thru the list until you find folks who are reporting back on their results
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/search. ... mit=Search
Ie... @goobs - March 20th = Reply # 207 on Page 14
@briggernaut - April 10th = Reply # 209 on Page 14
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2008
1971 posts
766 upvotes
Victoria
mx703 wrote:
Oct 4th, 2018 5:50 pm
Mine was a pain because you can’t actually tell if you got the credit or not till you click “book”, and the. I had to call and they said they would “look into it” but didn’t confirm they’d fix it. I got a credit for $99 a week or so later on my MasterCard.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
9124 posts
8572 upvotes
MaxPower19 wrote:
Oct 6th, 2018 12:23 am
Mine was a pain because you can’t actually tell if you got the credit or not till you click “book”, and the. I had to call and they said they would “look into it” but didn’t confirm they’d fix it. I got a credit for $99 a week or so later on my MasterCard.
I cannot find any login at pctravel.ca.
Do I need to sign in?
If not, are they just use the PC MC number to determine whether I am a PC Insider member.

I am going to purchase a round trip ticket YYC - YVR for $300 tomorrow. Getting $99 cash back to my PC WE MC within a week is great - 33% off my round trip ticket.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $30 plan, PM $41 6GB plan, PM $8 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $117/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2008
1971 posts
766 upvotes
Victoria
embguy wrote:
Oct 9th, 2018 1:17 am
Do I need to sign in?
If not, are they just use the PC MC number to determine whether I am a PC Insider member.

I am going to purchase a round trip ticket YYC - YVR for $300 tomorrow. Getting $99 cash back to my PC WE MC within a week is great - 33% off my round trip ticket.
Make sure your PC Insiders subscription is active (takes a few days after signing up), then book using the same email address as your PC insiders subscription. Then in theory the $99 will come
Off when you click book. In practice you might have to call and then get a bit of a run around leading eventually to a $99 credit on your MasterCard.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
9124 posts
8572 upvotes
MaxPower19 wrote:
Oct 9th, 2018 1:25 am
Make sure your PC Insiders subscription is active (takes a few days after signing up), then book using the same email address as your PC insiders subscription. Then in theory the $99 will come
Off when you click book. In practice you might have to call and then get a bit of a run around leading eventually to a $99 credit on your MasterCard.
I am assuming that it does not matter if the flight ticket is issued in my spouse's name who is not a PC Insider member as long as I use my PC Insider subscription email. Am I correct?
It will be great if the $99 is deducted at checkout.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $30 plan, PM $41 6GB plan, PM $8 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $117/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
3496 posts
1392 upvotes
Vancouver
embguy wrote:
Oct 9th, 2018 1:17 am
Do I need to sign in?

MaxPower19 wrote:
Oct 9th, 2018 1:25 am
When you enter your email address on pctravel.ca (use same email as your PC Insiders membership) you'll get a pop up asking if you want to use your $99 credit.

Ron.