Shopping Discussion

PC Insiders Paid Membership - $99 per year / $9.99 per month

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2018 9:05 pm
Dec 8, 2011
531 posts
492 upvotes
Toronto
My ordered totalled $149.16 and confirmation email says I earned 96,980 points on this transaction.

45,000 for spending $125
50,000 for buying 5 Nude By Nature with 10,000 each

Waiting to see if the credit card offer of 25,000 for spending $75 applies plus the insiders points.
Jul 3, 2002
613 posts
854 upvotes
DGSSSG wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 3:21 pm
Okay, I just placed my order and my PC WEMC has been charged already but I don't see any points get added to my account .
I do have an email confirmation shows 26,125 pts for this order. Does it take a few days for SDM online bonus points to be awarded? For the in-store bonus event, the points always show up immediately after I check out.

Thanks.
It states 10 business days
Sep 10, 2017
36 posts
21 upvotes
DGSSSG wrote:
Okay, I just placed my order and my PC WEMC has been charged already but I don't see any points get added to my account .
I do have an email confirmation shows 26,125 pts for this order. Does it take a few days for SDM online bonus points to be awarded? For the in-store bonus event, the points always show up immediately after I check out.

Thanks.
Sounds like you got the 25000pts+regular points for spending $75 online advertised on beauty boutique.

For pc insiders the checkout screen says "* Any PC® points earned from your PC™ Insiders subscription will be awarded within 10 business days."

The points for using the pc mastercard will come in later. In the email for the offer it says "Bonus PC Optimum points will be automatically added to your account within 4-6 weeks."
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
3489 posts
1389 upvotes
Vancouver
DGSSSG wrote:

Thanks.
The points from your online order will show up almost immediately after shipment. The bonus points from the spend on the card will show up in 2-7 days after the charge posts to the card (not in pending state).

Ron.
Nov 13, 2017
148 posts
84 upvotes
newfbc wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 5:52 pm
The points from your online order will show up almost immediately after shipment. The bonus points from the spend on the card will show up in 2-7 days after the charge posts to the card (not in pending state).

Ron.
Thanks for your reply and I have another situation that I am not sure if Insider works or not.
My wife has a baby formula personal offer, and as a PC MC holder I'm the one got invited and signed up PC Insiders membership. If I scan my wife's Optimum card at check out ( for using her personal offer) and pay with my PC MC , am I able to get 20% back in points? OR the transaction has to be done under my Optimum account in order to get the 20% pts

Edit:
Here is what I found on website, and I think it's not clear enough...

How do I identify myself as a PC Insiders subscriber to get my benefits?
For the loyalty points benefit, just pay with your President’s Choice Financial Mastercard® and your extra points for eligible purchases will be awarded automatically.
Dec 8, 2011
531 posts
492 upvotes
Toronto
Catalina26 wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 4:04 pm
My ordered totalled $149.16 and confirmation email says I earned 96,980 points on this transaction.

45,000 for spending $125
50,000 for buying 5 Nude By Nature with 10,000 each

Waiting to see if the credit card offer of 25,000 for spending $75 applies plus the insiders points.

I placed a second order with brothers’ credit card and this time I only spent $88.14 tax included and somehow I managed to receive 166,170 points on the order. This is without the 25,000 email offer and insiders’ points.

Order already shipped and the 166,170 points posted to pc account.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6649 posts
4165 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
DGSSSG wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 1:43 am
Thanks for your reply and I have another situation that I am not sure if Insider works or not.
My wife has a baby formula personal offer, and as a PC MC holder I'm the one got invited and signed up PC Insiders membership. If I scan my wife's Optimum card at check out ( for using her personal offer) and pay with my PC MC , am I able to get 20% back in points? OR the transaction has to be done under my Optimum account in order to get the 20% pts

Edit:

For the loyalty points benefit, just pay with your President’s Choice Financial Mastercard® and your extra points for eligible purchases will be awarded automatically.
Don’t have a PC MC... BUT I am considered a bit of a PCO Points Guru here on RFD, so I Offer my opinion, as no one else has replied to your post so far

YES... it should work I believe
Cause your PC Insiders Membership is tied to your Credit Card, more than it is to your PCO Card / Account

Just make sure you remember to hand off your wife’s PCO Card to the Cashier first
(it can be scanned at any point during the transaction)
So that your PC MC doesn’t get the double tap, that links back to your PCO Card & it’s Offers
Aug 25, 2006
282 posts
14 upvotes
Scarborough
DGSSSG wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 1:43 am

Edit:

from my own experience, it didn't work. For one time I scanned my own PC Optimum card before I paid with my wife's PC MasterCard, which is registered with PC Insider, and we didn't get the 20% points back on baby formulas.
Nov 13, 2017
148 posts
84 upvotes
excitenews wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 11:41 pm
from my own experience, it didn't work. For one time I scanned my own PC Optimum card before I paid with my wife's PC MasterCard, which is registered with PC Insider, and we didn't get the 20% points back on baby formulas.
Thanks for sharing the info
I think I might just use my wife's account to buy a box of PC Organic cereal (she has an offer for it as well) and see how it works
If it doesn't work, I'll just save the offer and wait for a weekend that Enfamill is on sale at SDM plus 20x pts event.
Nov 12, 2012
320 posts
109 upvotes
Port Moody
Catalina26 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 2:52 pm
I placed a second order with brothers’ credit card and this time I only spent $88.14 tax included and somehow I managed to receive 166,170 points on the order. This is without the 25,000 email offer and insiders’ points.

Order already shipped and the 166,170 points posted to pc account.
I'm due to rack up a bunch of points for an online order but it's been stuck 3 days in "processing". That tells me that there's likely a fulfillment issue. I bought a couple of things on sale and one thing with a good product bonus, so I feared that could be a possibility.

I spoke to a supervisor, and he said it's unusual for the order to be sitting this long. So they created a ticket to contact the warehouse, but that will take 1-2 business days to hear back from them - which basically puts me at 1 week since I placed my order.

This is the problem with the "$75 minimum spend" with an online order - what you order isn't always what is shipped - especially when you're dealing with a website that may not have the most accurate or timely inventory system.

The supervisor said he'd honor the 25k for the website purchase if there's a fulfillment issue, but I'd have to call PC Optimum create an inquiry for the points lost in the 20x personal offer, and the 25K lost for the PCFMC. I'd be wasting my time, obviously, since the $75 spend was required. Thankfully my insider points aren't tied to a minimum spend.

Anyway, I suppose there's still hope that the order is delayed for another reason. Fingers crossed!

At the end of the day this is a good thing for PC Insiders to keep in mind when making a website purchase with a minimum spend...
Dec 8, 2011
531 posts
492 upvotes
Toronto
pokee99 wrote:
Oct 12th, 2018 1:01 pm
I'm due to rack up a bunch of points for an online order but it's been stuck 3 days in "processing". That tells me that there's likely a fulfillment issue. I bought a couple of things on sale and one thing with a good product bonus, so I feared that could be a possibility.

I spoke to a supervisor, and he said it's unusual for the order to be sitting this long. So they created a ticket to contact the warehouse, but that will take 1-2 business days to hear back from them - which basically puts me at 1 week since I placed my order.

This is the problem with the "$75 minimum spend" with an online order - what you order isn't always what is shipped - especially when you're dealing with a website that may not have the most accurate or timely inventory system.

The supervisor said he'd honor the 25k for the website purchase if there's a fulfillment issue, but I'd have to call PC Optimum create an inquiry for the points lost in the 20x personal offer, and the 25K lost for the PCFMC. I'd be wasting my time, obviously, since the $75 spend was required. Thankfully my insider points aren't tied to a minimum spend.

Anyway, I suppose there's still hope that the order is delayed for another reason. Fingers crossed!

At the end of the day this is a good thing for PC Insiders to keep in mind when making a website purchase with a minimum spend...
The free shipping did say 2-6 business days, who knows if that means processing will take that long or for you to receive your staff in that time, I think the latter.

My things are being shipped separately which means they are being shipped from different stores ( somehow I thought a warehouse was involved lol).

This is my first online purchase, wanted to test if promotions would stack and to understand how the insiders points work with other ie MasterCard offers.

My two orders will be free in the end wether the insiders and MasterCard promotions work with website orders.
Curious about how many points you are due to rack up lol
Nov 12, 2012
320 posts
109 upvotes
Port Moody
Catalina26 wrote:
Oct 12th, 2018 1:25 pm
The free shipping did say 2-6 business days, who knows if that means processing will take that long or for you to receive your staff in that time, I think the latter.

My things are being shipped separately which means they are being shipped from different stores ( somehow I thought a warehouse was involved lol).

This is my first online purchase, wanted to test if promotions would stack and to understand how the insiders points work with other ie MasterCard offers.

My two orders will be free in the end wether the insiders and MasterCard promotions work with website orders.
Curious about how many points you are due to rack up lol
My order finally shipped today! And then my points posted immediately .

I earned:

1139 regular
1184 product bonus (5x)
25,000 personal bonus ($75+ spend)
25,000 website bonus ($75+ spend yes these stacked immediately!)

Still to come:

25,000 PCFMC bonus website $75+ spend
13,500 PC Insiders luxury cosmetics bonus

Nearly 91,000 points...so I made $10 on the order!
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
3361 posts
1249 upvotes
I bought on Wednesday and today, it still hasn't shipped and no update whatsoever. I was just wondering what was the hold up? I sent them a message on Wednesday about the free samples from Elizabeth Arden and tote bag, got no response either. First online order and very disappointed
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7315 posts
800 upvotes
GTA
At what point is the Joe Fresh shipping fee supposed to be reduced to zero? I was going to buy a couple items for my daughter and am under the $50 threshold that would trigger free shipping without being part of the Insider program.

I'm logged in with my PC ID but I've gotten up to the billing screen and shipping still shows $8. I'm hesitant to enter my credit card info since it doesn't indicate shipping is free.

Edit: I typed in my PC MasterCard as the payment info in case that triggered the free shipping, but still shows as $8.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Nov 12, 2012
320 posts
109 upvotes
Port Moody
mkl38s wrote:
Oct 14th, 2018 2:45 pm
I bought on Wednesday and today, it still hasn't shipped and no update whatsoever. I was just wondering what was the hold up? I sent them a message on Wednesday about the free samples from Elizabeth Arden and tote bag, got no response either. First online order and very disappointed
If it doesn't ship by Monday morning call them to raise a ticket. Seems like that kick started my shipment!

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

frank2243