PC Insiders Paid Membership - $99 per year / $9.99 per month

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2018 8:53 pm
Jul 23, 2007
139 posts
26 upvotes
York
>>>25,000 personal bonus ($75+ spend)

Is this offer your PC optimum card personalized points offer?
Thanks.
pokee99 wrote:
Oct 12th, 2018 7:26 pm
My order finally shipped today! And then my points posted immediately .

I earned:

1139 regular
1184 product bonus (5x)
25,000 personal bonus ($75+ spend)
25,000 website bonus ($75+ spend yes these stacked immediately!)

Still to come:

25,000 PCFMC bonus website $75+ spend
13,500 PC Insiders luxury cosmetics bonus

Nearly 91,000 points...so I made $10 on the order!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6250 posts
3842 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
didi love wrote:
Oct 15th, 2018 8:30 am
>>> 25,000 personal bonus ($75+ spend)

Is this offer your PC optimum card personalized points offer?
Thanks.
That’s how I read it (see my underline above)
A personal offer that came thru via the Website, App or Text

The only question that I can see is was it SDM Specific (bannered / logoed)
Or contingent on buying Beauty Items or other parameters

Ie... 25,000 PCO Points WUS $ 75 at SDM
Or 25,000 PCO Points WUS $ 75 on Beauty Items @ SDM
Or 25,000 PCO Points WUS $ 75 Online @ Beauty Boutique
Jul 23, 2007
139 posts
26 upvotes
York
I emailed customer service and was told personalized offers won't work for beauty boutique online purchase,
when PCOptimum first merged.

Thanks
PointsHubby wrote:
Oct 15th, 2018 8:58 am
That’s how I read it (see my underline above)
A personal offer that came thru via the Website, App or Text

The only question that I can see is was it SDM Specific (bannered / logoed)
Or contingent on buying Beauty Items or other parameters

Ie... 25,000 PCO Points WUS $ 75 at SDM
Or 25,000 PCO Points WUS $ 75 on Beauty Items @ SDM
Or 25,000 PCO Points WUS $ 75 Online @ Beauty Boutique
Dec 8, 2011
517 posts
488 upvotes
Toronto
didi love wrote:
Oct 15th, 2018 9:05 am
I emailed customer service and was told personalized offers won't work for beauty boutique online purchase,
when PCOptimum first merged.

Thanks
When it comes to the PCO program, you will never know until you try it. In my opinion asking CS will always get you the same result, “ offers do not combine, cannot redeem and earn in same transaction etc, because they just go by their T&C.

Generally speaking WUS offers do not combine at SDM and you cannot redeem and earn in same transaction.

Even though personal offers say they are instore offers only, some have reported they work online. Myself included.
Nov 12, 2012
304 posts
98 upvotes
Port Moody
Catalina26 wrote:
Oct 15th, 2018 9:29 am
When it comes to the PCO program, you will never know until you try it. In my opinion asking CS will always get you the same result, “ offers do not combine, cannot redeem and earn in same transaction etc, because they just go by their T&C.
Even though personal offers say they are instore offers only, some have reported they work online. Myself included.
^This. I was surprised the personal offer stacked, too - but I can't recall if it did specify in-store only. I think it did.

This just goes to show that it doesn't hurt to try - especially if you have several other bonuses that you already know will stack...

Of note: when I called to find out why my order hadn't shipped, the supervisor was also curious about my claim I received the personal offer bonus points for my online order. It's possible they already know this is a glitch with the website and are looking at a fix. I suspect it's an issue with how the persinal promotions are coded. Perhaps their pc points system has no way of distinguishing between an online vs store purchase? Which begs the question: how do they properly calculate the very specific bonus points for PC Insiders? I'd hazard a guess that because those points post a couple of weeks later, there's a separate system to handle that.

One thing's for sure: it's an extremely complicated points program, with specific bonuses coming from several separate sources. It's no wonder they have these inconsistencies in points posting. You gotta wonder how they have the staff to keep up with dealing with all the promotions (marketing, IT, and call centre), especially in conjunction with PC FINANCIAL!!!
Nov 13, 2017
127 posts
68 upvotes
excitenews wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 11:41 pm
from my own experience, it didn't work. For one time I scanned my own PC Optimum card before I paid with my wife's PC MasterCard, which is registered with PC Insider, and we didn't get the 20% points back on baby formulas.
As I mentioned, I did a test with my wife's PC optimum account.
She got the points from PC Organic Cereal personal offer at checkout and today I got the PC Insider 20% pts. It apparently worked for me.
Nov 13, 2017
127 posts
68 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 5:44 pm
Don’t have a PC MC... BUT I am considered a bit of a PCO Points Guru here on RFD, so I Offer my opinion, as no one else has replied to your post so far

YES... it should work I believe
Cause your PC Insiders Membership is tied to your Credit Card, more than it is to your PCO Card / Account

Just make sure you remember to hand off your wife’s PCO Card to the Cashier first
(it can be scanned at any point during the transaction)
So that your PC MC doesn’t get the double tap, that links back to your PCO Card & it’s Offers
Just want to share my own experience as it worked for me!
I got the PC Insider 20% pts even though the transaction wasn't done under my PC Optimum account. I'll definitely make more strategic shopping and take advantage of PC Insider program
Nov 12, 2012
304 posts
98 upvotes
Port Moody
pokee99 wrote:
Oct 12th, 2018 7:26 pm
My order finally shipped today! And then my points posted immediately .

I earned:

1139 regular
1184 product bonus (5x)
25,000 personal bonus ($75+ spend)
25,000 website bonus ($75+ spend yes these stacked immediately!)

Still to come:

25,000 PCFMC bonus website $75+ spend
13,500 PC Insiders luxury cosmetics bonus

Nearly 91,000 points...so I made $10 on the order!
My PC Insiders points posted today - and the amount wasn't What I was expecting. I spent a total of $86.19 incl taxes on the website ($45 in luxury beauty and $31 on regular beauty). How did i get the amount below???

PC Insiders Points: 17,240

Also anyone get their PCFMC 25K bonus yet?
Dec 8, 2011
517 posts
488 upvotes
Toronto
pokee99 wrote:
Oct 17th, 2018 1:55 am
My PC Insiders points posted today - and the amount wasn't What I was expecting. I spent a total of $86.19 incl taxes on the website ($45 in luxury beauty and $31 on regular beauty). How did i get the amount below???

PC Insiders Points: 17,240

Also anyone get their PCFMC 25K bonus yet?
My guess... $86.19 x 10 x 20

But I don’t see why they would include taxes in calculation.

And my insiders points haven’t posted yet or the MasterCard reward. Could take weeks I suppose.

But I must say, the suspense is killing me lol
Nov 12, 2012
304 posts
98 upvotes
Port Moody
Catalina26 wrote:
Oct 17th, 2018 4:12 am

And my insiders points haven’t posted yet or the MasterCard reward. Could take weeks I suppose.

Ahhh...you made the math work, excellent! Thanks!

So - my order shows that not only are they unable to separate the taxes from the calculation, they cannot distinguish between luxury and regular beauty! Keep in mind - this is consistent with comments about how PC Insiders points are tied to the PCFMC and awarded without merchandise distinction. Perhaps they're still working on ironing out the kinks in the system? I did get an email that the website is changing soon - so maybe they're rolling out some fixes?

I'm very curious to see how other people's orders post!
Sep 10, 2017
32 posts
15 upvotes
Catalina26 wrote:
Oct 17th, 2018 4:12 am

In a way it makes sense that taxes are included in the PC insiders, since the regular 1% for using a PC master card includes tax, and they are giving 20x the points earned from using the pc mastercard.

I placed my order on Wednesday, used a $10 off $50+ coupon on bit over $85 worth of items, making the total after tax around $80. I got the $25 in points and item specific points (total of 46,000) posted a few days after Wednesday. My order's delivery date is this Friday.

I'm still waiting for the PC Insiders points and the 25,000 for using mastercard points as well, hopefully will come in soon, I've noted down the transaction number just in case I need to make a missing points inquiry a few weeks down the road.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
3248 posts
1138 upvotes
My order was $145.12 (with tax) and I got 46920 points when it shipped on Tuesday. Received the shipment next day and now waiting for PCI + PCMC points. Initially, when I was checking out, I saw 91920 points awarded. But After I entered all of the information, it somehow went back to 46920 and I could never get it to stack again :(. if the calculation is correct, I should get 29024 PCI + 25000 PCMC points. That is just over 100K points which is not bad at all considering the perfume I bought was > $100 by itself
Dec 24, 2011
178 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
Effective November 20, 2018 new program terms and conditions will apply to your current subscription.
See terms & conditions below.

Changes to existing benefits:
  • One surprise gift per year instead of two surprise gifts (annual subscriptions only)
  • Some offers cannot be combined with other promotional points offers1 and blackout periods for Joe Fresh items will apply2
Added benefits:
  • 20% back in PC Optimum points offered on PC Black Label Collection items
  • 20% back in PC Optimum points offered on select brands at Shoppers Drug Mart locations
  • Free shipping on all orders from shoppersdrugmart.ca
  • Exclusive offers on PC Insiders Collection items

1 Points earned through the PC Insiders program may not be combined with any in-store, online or personalized bonus points offers on the same purchase. If your purchase would be eligible for an in-store, online or personalized bonus offer of a set amount of points or a points multiplier, you would receive either your PC Insiders points OR the in-store, online or personalized bonus points offer, whichever is the greater number of points, but not both.

2 Blackout periods will apply for Joe Fresh branded products in association with Black Friday and Boxing Day promotional periods, and may occur at any time from November 16 through December 6 and from December 26 through January 9 each year. During these periods you will not earn points through the PC Insiders program for Joe Fresh branded items purchased online at joefresh.com, or at Joe Fresh stores, Loblaw banner stores, Shoppers Drug Mart, or Pharmaprix
Feb 3, 2010
132 posts
130 upvotes
Charlottetown
matt0148 wrote:
Oct 19th, 2018 9:03 am
Effective November 20, 2018 new program terms and conditions will apply to your current subscription.
See terms & conditions below.

Changes to existing benefits:
  • One surprise gift per year instead of two surprise gifts (annual subscriptions only)
  • Some offers cannot be combined with other promotional points offers1 and blackout periods for Joe Fresh items will apply2
Added benefits:
  • 20% back in PC Optimum points offered on PC Black Label Collection items
  • 20% back in PC Optimum points offered on select brands at Shoppers Drug Mart locations
  • Free shipping on all orders from shoppersdrugmart.ca
  • Exclusive offers on PC Insiders Collection items

1 Points earned through the PC Insiders program may not be combined with any in-store, online or personalized bonus points offers on the same purchase. If your purchase would be eligible for an in-store, online or personalized bonus offer of a set amount of points or a points multiplier, you would receive either your PC Insiders points OR the in-store, online or personalized bonus points offer, whichever is the greater number of points, but not both.

2 Blackout periods will apply for Joe Fresh branded products in association with Black Friday and Boxing Day promotional periods, and may occur at any time from November 16 through December 6 and from December 26 through January 9 each year. During these periods you will not earn points through the PC Insiders program for Joe Fresh branded items purchased online at joefresh.com, or at Joe Fresh stores, Loblaw banner stores, Shoppers Drug Mart, or Pharmaprix
Just received this via email too
Seems to me to be more a move to close a few loopholes (the points listed as 1 & 2) rather than any dramatic change/improvement in the benefits
Dec 8, 2011
517 posts
488 upvotes
Toronto
^ well that didn’t last too long on my end. Will take advantage of the loopholes before the 20th.

Glad I got the subscription for free.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)