• Nov 21st, 2018 2:57 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 12, 2003
9301 posts
1862 upvotes
Markham
Catalina26 wrote:
Oct 19th, 2018 9:57 am
^ well that didn’t last too long on my end. Will take advantage of the loopholes before the 20th.

Glad I got the subscription for free.
This program sucks anyway, I don't buy Baby products, never the Black Labels, rarely joe Fresh or the PC Organic products.
I got it only because they are giving back cash equivalent worth of points.

Will cancel it right away at the renewal.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Dec 8, 2011
517 posts
489 upvotes
Toronto
MP3_SKY wrote:
Oct 19th, 2018 10:21 am
This program sucks anyway, I don't buy Baby products, never the Black Labels, rarely joe Fresh or the PC Organic products.
I got it only because they are giving back cash equivalent worth of points.

Will cancel it right away at the renewal.
I got for the same reason. I did do the beauty boutique even though I don’t wear makeup. But will certainly do the baby offers since my niece/nephew coming soon, then will cancel the free year.

I did read something about shoppers being included now and that is where I mainly do most of my shopping. Will see how that works out.
Nov 12, 2012
307 posts
98 upvotes
Port Moody
Catalina26 wrote:
Oct 19th, 2018 9:57 am
^ well that didn’t last too long on my end. Will take advantage of the loopholes before the 20th.

Glad I got the subscription for free.
Agreed - although does this mean we'll still get two gifts? And when are we supposed to receive these said gifts?

Nov 20 must be the rollout date for their system changes. I figured it was coming at some point. They can't profit if we're making money on our orders!

I figure some stuff will still slip through - especially when there are promotions coming from several sources, posting separately, or cannot be crosschecked as "combining". Case and point: PC Insiders points are calculated on the PCFMC purchase and posts later. So tell me how will they award one and not the other? Will they automatically post the personal offer, and then award you the difference if the PC Insiders points are more???
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
9012 posts
8512 upvotes
I purchased pc organic produce a week ago and have not received my pts yet. Did a missing points inquiry. No response after 2 days.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $30 plan, PM $41 6GB plan, PM $8 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $117/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
Dec 8, 2011
517 posts
489 upvotes
Toronto
pokee99 wrote:
Oct 19th, 2018 11:07 am
Agreed - although does this mean we'll still get two gifts? And when are we supposed to receive these said gifts?

Nov 20 must be the rollout date for their system changes. I figured it was coming at some point. They can't profit if we're making money on our orders!

I figure some stuff will still slip through - especially when there are promotions coming from several sources, posting separately, or cannot be crosschecked as "combining". Case and point: PC Insiders points are calculated on the PCFMC purchase and posts later. So tell me how will they award one and not the other? Will they automatically post the personal offer, and then award you the difference if the PC Insiders points are more???
Good points. I will keep milking it so to speak until it runs dry. Hahah sounds like I have nothing better to do.
Nov 12, 2012
307 posts
98 upvotes
Port Moody
Catalina26 wrote:
Oct 19th, 2018 11:23 am
Good points. I will keep milking it so to speak until it runs dry. Hahah sounds like I have nothing better to do.
Haha...me too!
Nov 12, 2012
307 posts
98 upvotes
Port Moody
embguy wrote:
Oct 19th, 2018 11:19 am
I purchased pc organic produce a week ago and have not received my pts yet. Did a missing points inquiry. No response after 2 days.
I have a feeling that they're not capable of even tracking individual items yet. I bought some PC organics today and I'm pretty confident I won't see any insider points...
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
9012 posts
8512 upvotes
pokee99 wrote:
Oct 19th, 2018 6:11 pm
I have a feeling that they're not capable of even tracking individual items yet. I bought some PC organics today and I'm pretty confident I won't see any insider points...
Well. At least I got the 100k pts sign up bonus and my $99 pctravel.ca credit. I will not go out of my way to buy the PC organic produce.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $30 plan, PM $41 6GB plan, PM $8 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $117/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
Nov 12, 2012
307 posts
98 upvotes
Port Moody
embguy wrote:
Oct 19th, 2018 6:18 pm
Well. At least I got the 100k pts sign up bonus and my $99 pctravel.ca credit. I will not go out of my way to buy the PC organic produce.
My thoughts exactly. Although I was kinda excited about my free gift - but it's been about a month since i joined and no sign of it...
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6255 posts
3848 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
pokee99 wrote:
Oct 19th, 2018 6:58 pm
My thoughts exactly. Although I was kinda excited about my free gift - but it's been about a month since i joined and no sign of it...
The FREE Gifts were originally set about to happen on a schedule ... 2x a year
The last set came out in June
Go back to Page 17 and read on from Post # 243
Nov 12, 2011
6 posts
1 upvote
I am OK with the program so far and have received up to 5000 extra points on PC Organics that I only buy on sale and PC baby food(fruit varieties that I eat myself as a snack}I am happy we will get points at Shoppers now and on Black Label products.What I don't like is that you have to use your PC Mastercard to get anything and their isn't a website up yet,where I can cancel from without phoning .I probably will bow out when my year is up..Neutral Face
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6255 posts
3848 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
kerrybabyxxoo wrote:
Oct 19th, 2018 11:35 pm
I am OK with the program so far and have received up to 5000 extra points on PC Organics that I only buy on sale and PC baby food(fruit varieties that I eat myself as a snack}I am happy we will get points at Shoppers now and on Black Label products. What I don't like is that you have to use your PC Mastercard to get anything and their isn't a website up yet,where I can cancel from without phoning .I probably will bow out when my year is up..Neutral Face
Hmmm... well it is a perk / membership that is ONLY available to PC MC Members

And know of several PC MC holders who WISH they’d be so lucky as to just get an Invite to join
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
3927 posts
609 upvotes
Richmond
pokee99 wrote:
Oct 15th, 2018 10:41 am
^This. I was surprised the personal offer stacked, too - but I can't recall if it did specify in-store only. I think it did.

This just goes to show that it doesn't hurt to try - especially if you have several other bonuses that you already know will stack...

Of note: when I called to find out why my order hadn't shipped, the supervisor was also curious about my claim I received the personal offer bonus points for my online order. It's possible they already know this is a glitch with the website and are looking at a fix. I suspect it's an issue with how the persinal promotions are coded. Perhaps their pc points system has no way of distinguishing between an online vs store purchase? Which begs the question: how do they properly calculate the very specific bonus points for PC Insiders? I'd hazard a guess that because those points post a couple of weeks later, there's a separate system to handle that.

One thing's for sure: it's an extremely complicated points program, with specific bonuses coming from several separate sources. It's no wonder they have these inconsistencies in points posting. You gotta wonder how they have the staff to keep up with dealing with all the promotions (marketing, IT, and call centre), especially in conjunction with PC FINANCIAL!!!
It's probably why Loblaws stressed you actually had to have your physical card to scan for pc plus/optimum. Only recently did they allow phone numbers and that doesn't work half the time. People always ask how come I can't get my points afterwards? UH this program is a combination of multiple programs with many layers . Combination of the oldest pc mastercard and pc points then added on top of that a way for non pc mc users to access the loyalty card system. Then connected shoppers optimum to pc plus. They also seem to have the pco infrastructure in place for tnt. You can't get points directly, You literally have to do points inquiry everytime you buy stuff there that you have offers for.
Dec 8, 2011
517 posts
489 upvotes
Toronto
pokee99 wrote:
Oct 17th, 2018 1:55 am
My PC Insiders points posted today - and the amount wasn't What I was expecting. I spent a total of $86.19 incl taxes on the website ($45 in luxury beauty and $31 on regular beauty). How did i get the amount below???

PC Insiders Points: 17,240

Also anyone get their PCFMC 25K bonus yet?

How many days did your insider points take to post?

I made my beauty purchase October 11 and no points.
I purchased diapers October 16 and got the points today.

I also got the 25,000 MC offer today.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 0 guests)

Mielonka, andy521a, mkl38s