• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2018 2:57 pm
Nov 12, 2012
307 posts
98 upvotes
Port Moody
Catalina26 wrote:
Oct 20th, 2018 8:25 pm
How many days did your insider points take to post?

I made my beauty purchase October 11 and no points.
I purchased diapers October 16 and got the points today.

I also got the 25,000 MC offer today.
I got the 25K today. The insider points only took a few days to post after shipment.

I did another beautyboutique order today so I could get the 20x the points on $50+. I'll see how long it takes the insider points for this one and if I get it again on the entire amount!
Nov 12, 2012
307 posts
98 upvotes
Port Moody
PointsHubby wrote:
Oct 19th, 2018 7:18 pm
The FREE Gifts were originally set about to happen on a schedule ... 2x a year
The last set came out in June
Go back to Page 17 and read on from Post # 243
Thanks - i went back and read them but there wasn't much discussion about the schedule. I assumed everyone got their gift at the same time because they'd just signed up. So I'm guessing they'll send the next batch out in December? I hope it's Xmas themed!

So for those of us that signed up in September/October for the annual promo, think we'll still get TWO gifts (since we signed up before Nov 20)?
May 8, 2001
326 posts
47 upvotes
pokee99 wrote:
Oct 20th, 2018 10:27 pm
Thanks - i went back and read them but there wasn't much discussion about the schedule. I assumed everyone got their gift at the same time because they'd just signed up. So I'm guessing they'll send the next batch out in December? I hope it's Xmas themed!

So for those of us that signed up in September/October for the annual promo, think we'll still get TWO gifts (since we signed up before Nov 20)?
The 100k signup email and the confirmation email both only mentioned the benefits as having one gift annually.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
3403 posts
1286 upvotes
Vancouver
pokee99 wrote:
Oct 20th, 2018 10:21 pm
I got the 25K today. The insider points only took a few days to post after shipment.

I did another beautyboutique order today so I could get the 20x the points on $50+. I'll see how long it takes the insider points for this one and if I get it again on the entire amount!
25k on $75 tomorrow (today)... slightly better.

Ron.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
3256 posts
1144 upvotes
I too got PCI points today for Oct15 shipped beauty products (purchased on Oct 10th). Funny the transaction dated Oct 16 despite it just showed up. Now I am waiting for the 25K from PCMC. It was pretty good deal (not as good as @pokee99 though) as I paid $145 (with tax) and got back 100K points. This PCI bonus alone made up for the tax (~$11) we paid on the membership. TBH, if there weren't 100K bonus with the membership, I would probably not join. There is a option for monthly of $9.99 right? In the future, maybe I would just do 1 month when I plan to make some big purchase at SDM online Beauty products, perhaps near the holiday season
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6255 posts
3846 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
pokee99 wrote:
Oct 20th, 2018 10:27 pm

You assumed wrong.
And missed the entire point of reference.

The FIRST time any of the annual gifts were sent out was June
Yet the PC Insiders Program was introduced in November 2017
(The OP Created this topic on November 20, 2017... when they were first contacted by PC Financial)

So not that surprising that the recent changes announced by PC Insiders go into effect November 20, 2018
The Program Anniversary Date
(See Reply # 388 on Page 26)

Will Members who signed up in 2017 & up to now in 2018 indeed get 2 gifts “this year”
Is anyone’s guess

But as pointed out by @MikeNet with Reply # 408 (above)
Recent signees in the last wave / membership Promo were not offered the 2nd Gift per year
So the thought to cut back probably has been in the works since the first Gift was sent out in June
Sep 26, 2008
459 posts
90 upvotes
Ottawa
How long is it taking everyone to see their Insiders points awarded? Bought some Joe Fresh items a week ago (in store) and still haven't seen any points. Do they show up any differently in the transaction details?
Dec 8, 2011
517 posts
489 upvotes
Toronto
Jenny1975 wrote:
Oct 22nd, 2018 12:05 pm
How long is it taking everyone to see their Insiders points awarded? Bought some Joe Fresh items a week ago (in store) and still haven't seen any points. Do they show up any differently in the transaction details?

Shows up as :

PC Financial Earn and under details PC Insiders - BABY ( whatever category you are supposed to earn them from.

I did a beauty shop on the 11th and no points yet but I did receive the baby shop I did on the 16th, and those I received on the 20th but backdated to the 16th.
Jun 6, 2009
411 posts
46 upvotes
PSA: Be sure to call in and cancel the automatic renewal for PC Insiders in case you don't plan on keeping it and/or only signed up as part of a points promo.
Jun 17, 2006
457 posts
208 upvotes
Calgary
simplyton wrote:
Oct 19th, 2018 9:26 am
Just received this via email too
Seems to me to be more a move to close a few loopholes (the points listed as 1 & 2) rather than any dramatic change/improvement in the benefits
I’m not sure I would call these loopholes. If I was getting personalize offers like “get 200 Points for every $1 on Panpers” on a regular basis then why do I need to pay $100 a year just to get the same offers? I thought I was paying for them to stack. I’ll probably be cancelling when my year is up.
eBay Feedback: 118 and counting.
Nov 12, 2012
307 posts
98 upvotes
Port Moody
RockiestMountains wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2018 10:30 am
I’m not sure I would call these loopholes. If I was getting personalize offers like “get 200 Points for every $1 on Panpers” on a regular basis then why do I need to pay $100 a year just to get the same offers? I thought I was paying for them to stack. I’ll probably be cancelling when my year is up.
^This. Most of us only shop at Shoppers when we can get the 20x or "Spend $50/$75 get bonus points". So what's the incentive for us if we can only get either/or? Unless you buy tons of baby stuff or Joe Fresh at RCSS, or use the grocery pick up - there's zero incentive.
Mar 20, 2018
15 posts
4 upvotes
did you guys get your PC Insiders points for recent purchases at the beauty boutique? made a purchase on October 21 and still no points. wondering if i should do points inquiry. the new changes dont come into effect till nov 20 so we should still be entitled to 20 x Insiders Points .
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7293 posts
797 upvotes
GTA
Mielonka wrote:
Oct 25th, 2018 5:12 pm
did you guys get your PC Insiders points for recent purchases at the beauty boutique? made a purchase on October 21 and still no points. wondering if i should do points inquiry. the new changes dont come into effect till nov 20 so we should still be entitled to 20 x Insiders Points .
My insiders points from my purchase on October 12 still haven't posted and I'm going to have to enquire about them.

For me personally, the Insider's program has been a hassle and unless extra bonuses are added, I won't renew after the 'free' year. Insider points haven't posted and I had to call to get what was supposed to be free shipping rebated. For some it runs well, but I'm not interested in having to spend time following up on glitches.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Dec 8, 2011
517 posts
489 upvotes
Toronto
Mielonka wrote:
Oct 25th, 2018 5:12 pm
When you place the order it tells you that insider points will post within 10 business days. If by then your points do not post, you should definitely do an inquiry.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2008
1923 posts
740 upvotes
Victoria
pokee99 wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2018 10:50 am
^This. Most of us only shop at Shoppers when we can get the 20x or "Spend $50/$75 get bonus points". So what's the incentive for us if we can only get either/or? Unless you buy tons of baby stuff or Joe Fresh at RCSS, or use the grocery pick up - there's zero incentive.
Agree! This is a $100 subrscription - definitely wouldn’t consider it loopholes.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

Mielonka, mkl38s