Shopping Discussion

PC Insiders Paid Membership - $99 per year / $9.99 per month

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2019 8:54 am
Dec 24, 2011
191 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
Something new... My PC Insider points posted automatically at checkout. Hopefully this is a permanent change.
Images
  • upload.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
7064 posts
4554 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
pokee99 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 11:51 pm
My Insider points posted this morning - and it looks like taxes and non -luxury items earned points!!!

Posted just in time to use 140k for a $200 spend (two new release switch games, some batteries and groceries). I can't believe those switch games were in stock!!! I hope PointsHubby is reading because you've made me eat my words! Winking Face

Anyway - I avoided the points inquiry and got a great deal on Xmas presents so I'm happy! I had a great run with the Insiders program! Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Read it
And very happy for you

And ya... I think unless PCO Changes their mind BACK on a few things
The best of this Program has probably been seen by those who signed up in Year # 1

Year # 2 ... which just has begun
Not so much

Although I still believe the BIG WINNERS have been young families with kids in diapers (baby needs & organic foods)
And stressed out for time etc (Click & Collect)
And a vacation (Travel Credit)
They might still be in a position to continue to do well with Insiders
Nov 13, 2017
153 posts
90 upvotes
matt0148 wrote:
Nov 25th, 2018 8:43 am
Something new... My PC Insider points posted automatically at checkout. Hopefully this is a permanent change.
Did my shopping yesterday and it was the same.
I guess now PC Insider points will be added at checkout (like other personal offers) and we won't wait for couple days until it shows under "PC Financial Earn"
Dec 8, 2011
615 posts
578 upvotes
Toronto
pokee99 wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 11:51 pm
My Insider points posted this morning - and it looks like taxes and non -luxury items earned points!!!

Posted just in time to use 140k for a $200 spend (two new release switch games, some batteries and groceries). I can't believe those switch games were in stock!!! I hope PointsHubby is reading because you've made me eat my words! Winking Face

Anyway - I avoided the points inquiry and got a great deal on Xmas presents so I'm happy! I had a great run with the Insiders program! Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Lucky you that your points posted. I, on the other hand called the insiders line ( Mastercard) again, the rep saw that I called and the notes but no response, she told me another 2-3 business days and if not call back lol
Dec 24, 2011
191 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like they now have a PC Insiders website which shows your Insider points and how they were earned.
Sep 6, 2018
84 posts
73 upvotes
PC Insider features have been added to the Optimum Android app, displaying an image if you are subscribed, and a new settings option to manage subscription.
Sep 26, 2008
468 posts
91 upvotes
Ottawa
Received a personalized offer - Exclusive for PC Insiders: 5,000 pts on PC Stemmed or Stemless Wine Glasses. I think that's a first.
Sep 26, 2008
468 posts
91 upvotes
Ottawa
For those who have placed orders with the beauty boutique, how long did it take for your Insiders points to get awarded?
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
3537 posts
1428 upvotes
Vancouver
Jenny1975 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2018 10:22 am
For those who have placed orders with the beauty boutique, how long did it take for your Insiders points to get awarded?
3-7 days after the charge has POSTED to the card (not just pending).. remember, you no longer earn Insider Points at Beauty Boutique when there's a site offer - 20x, etc.

Ron.
Sep 26, 2008
468 posts
91 upvotes
Ottawa
newfbc wrote:
Nov 29th, 2018 10:35 am
3-7 days after the charge has POSTED to the card (not just pending).. remember, you no longer earn Insider Points at Beauty Boutique when there's a site offer - 20x, etc.
Ugh, I hadn't paid that much attention to the program changes and this didn't cross my mind at the time. :( I reread the T&C, but am still fuzzy. The order was buy 2 get 17,000 pts. I received 17,000 bonus points + 736 regular points. Sounds like I don't get any insiders points? If that's the case, I don't see the benefit of being an "Insider" at SDM as there is no advantage over being a regular collector...
Points earning through the PC Insiders program cannot be combined with other bonus PC Optimum points offers. PC Optimum points earned through the PC Insiders program are in addition to the regular 15 points per dollar earned for eligible purchases at Shoppers Drug Mart and Pharmaprix, and the points regularly earned through use of a President’s Choice Financial payment product. However, points earning through the PC Insiders program may not be combined with any in-store, online or personalized bonus points offers on the same purchase. If your purchase would be eligible for an in-store, online or personalized bonus offer of a set amount of points or a points multiplier, for example “Spend $75 or more and get 25,000 PC Optimum points” or “Get 15X PC Optimum points on any shoppersdrugmart.ca order”, you would receive either your PC Insiders points OR the in-store, online or personalized bonus points offer, whichever is the greater number of points, but not both.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
3537 posts
1428 upvotes
Vancouver
Jenny1975 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2018 11:09 am
Ugh, I hadn't paid that much attention to the program changes and this didn't cross my mind at the time. :( I reread the T&C, but am still fuzzy. The order was buy 2 get 17,000 pts. I received 17,000 bonus points + 736 regular points. Sounds like I don't get any insiders points? If that's the case, I don't see the benefit of being an "Insider" at SDM as there is no advantage over being a regular collector...
Hmm.. I think you may be eligible for Insider Bonus.. I think it's only when there's a 20x, Spend $75, get 25000, etc. site wide promotion. Product bonuses should be a completely separate thing).

Ron.
Nov 6, 2005
225 posts
68 upvotes
Jenny1975 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2018 7:23 am
Received a personalized offer - Exclusive for PC Insiders: 5,000 pts on PC Stemmed or Stemless Wine Glasses. I think that's a first.
I received two of these offers last week, and another two this week. I am suspecting it is not really personalized though, as I got the same wine glass offer.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
8591 posts
1880 upvotes
What's the feedback on this? Is it worth it?

Also, is that 100k points offer still available if I sign up for the 99$/yr ? The downside is that I will have to remember to cancel before the year is up
Jul 3, 2002
722 posts
1318 upvotes
Messerschmitt wrote:
Nov 29th, 2018 12:07 pm
What's the feedback on this? Is it worth it?

Also, is that 100k points offer still available if I sign up for the 99$/yr ? The downside is that I will have to remember to cancel before the year is up
It was definitely worth it
If you get the offer take it.
A lot of people are wishing for an offer to join
It's not as good as it was before Nov 20th but still worth while if it doesn't cost you anything
Jul 3, 2002
722 posts
1318 upvotes
Jenny1975 wrote:
Nov 29th, 2018 11:09 am
I think you will be fine
Let us know if the insider points post
I'm curious now