Jul 17, 2008
9440 posts
2374 upvotes
FARMERBLANCHE wrote:
Nov 29th, 2018 4:40 pm
It was definitely worth it
If you get the offer take it.
A lot of people are wishing for an offer to join
It's not as good as it was before Nov 20th but still worth while if it doesn't cost you anything
What was before 20 Nov?
Jul 3, 2002
988 posts
2044 upvotes
[quote=Messerschmitt post_id=30194599 time=1543528185 user_id=171171]
What was before 20 Nov?
[/quote]

They changed the rules and the t&c's of the program
You could double or even triple dip at Beauty boutique - their online portal before Nov 20th. You could almost get the same amount back in points you spent in cash. It was tgtbt. I had one order of $170 where I got back 150000 points and $14 in ebates. Essentially trading cash for points and getting a sh*t ton of product. My wife has no idea what's about to hit her for Christmas Grinning Face
May 27, 2011
437 posts
360 upvotes
Montreal
The wait is over! ... or not.

I just got the email to join but I'm having second thoughts since there is no double dipping allowed. I passed the diapers phase and I don't travel too much (and when I do, not sure I want to tie myself to pctravel.ca offers only). And I've noticed Shoppers/Pharmaprix is like Canadian Tire: unless it's 50% off, you're getting ripped off :)

I do most of my groceries with Loblaws and about once a month I order online (pic-up fee reduced to $1 and $3) but not too heavy on PC organics or Black Diamond label.
Am I missing something?
Dec 8, 2011
930 posts
863 upvotes
Toronto
bobitza wrote:
Nov 30th, 2018 12:58 pm

I just got the email to join but I'm having second thoughts since there is no double dipping allowed. I passed the diapers phase and I don't travel too much (and when I do, not sure I want to tie myself to pctravel.ca offers only). And I've noticed Shoppers/Pharmaprix is like Canadian Tire: unless it's 50% off, you're getting ripped off :)

I do most of my groceries with Loblaws and about once a month I order online (pic-up fee reduced to $1 and $3) but not too heavy on PC organics or Black Diamond label.
Am I missing something?
lol @ Shoppers/Pharmaprix is like Canadian Tire...
Nov 12, 2012
494 posts
207 upvotes
Port Moody
bobitza wrote:

Am I missing something?
I think it still may be worth it for me to take advantage of getting 20x the points and free shipping on smaller orders at the beautyboutique - especially when you can stack product points.

But luckily I have another 8 months of my free membership to test this out before I pay anything out of pocket...
Nov 12, 2012
494 posts
207 upvotes
Port Moody
FARMERBLANCHE wrote:
Nov 29th, 2018 6:22 pm
They changed the rules and the t&c's of the program
You could double or even triple dip at Beauty boutique - their online portal before Nov 20th. You could almost get the same amount back in points you spent in cash. It was tgtbt. I had one order of $170 where I got back 150000 points and $14 in ebates. Essentially trading cash for points and getting a sh*t ton of product. My wife has no idea what's about to hit her for Christmas Grinning Face
I got about 5 orders at about 50-60% off with stacking - and I made money on one order that triple stacked (lol).

My daughter mostly benefited, but so did I...lol
Sep 10, 2017
141 posts
120 upvotes
bobitza wrote:

Am I missing something?
If you plan to book at least one flight in the year, the PC Travel credit pays for the membership, and you can always try to find another site with a better deal and get PC travel to price match to Canadian agents (they match the price plus give an extra 25,000 points). Depends on your situation, but if you plan to do any shorter/cheaper flights, price matching to kayak can get you an amazing deal on that flight. I price matched a $83 one way national flight within India for my parents, Total price of $166 - $99 credit = $67 charged to card, plus received 25,000 pc points (I could have booked their flights individually and gotten the 25k points twice, which would have made sense on a $100+ flight so I can use the insiders credit)

If you think you will use the travel credit it doesn't hurt to sign up since it'll essentially cover the cost, and the $12-36 you would save on pick up fees should more than cover the tax on the subscription, and you can now cancel the auto-renewal online if it's not worth it for you.

Also you get the yearly surprise box, which I just consider a bonus.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
9951 posts
7236 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Well, it’s clear NOW as to WHY you all are seeing the clean up of PC Insiders Bonus Pts
And their trasfer over to ones PCO Account ... from the PC MasterCard Account
With “clearer” info / association with the Transactions they relate to

The TEST PERIOD is over

PC Insiders is NOW OPEN TO EVERYONE

Info appears today on the main PC Optimum website
www.pcoptimum.ca

With a click thru to the PC Insiders Website for more info
https://www.pcinsiders.ca

And...
NO REQUIREMENT to hold a PC Financial CC

This is HUGE NEWS

Wondering what you all think

I will also be posting this info in the PCO Official Thread too
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/pc-optim ... s-2040084/
Jul 3, 2002
988 posts
2044 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote:
Dec 1st, 2018 4:47 pm
Well, it’s clear NOW as to WHY you all are seeing the clean up of PC Insiders Bonus Pts

The TEST PERIOD is over

www.pcoptimum.ca

And...

This is HUGE NEWS

Nice find
Yes but you have to pay for it and no 100000 points.
No sure I will continue after 8 more months but let's see if it's worth it with the new program.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2008
2095 posts
888 upvotes
Victoria
PointsHubby wrote:
Dec 1st, 2018 4:47 pm

The TEST PERIOD is over

www.pcoptimum.ca

And...

This is HUGE NEWS

Good catch! For me it’s ok because I fly a lot and the $99 credit cancels out the membership fee, but I don’t think I’d even pay $10 extra for this program since they got rid of the double-dipping.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
9951 posts
7236 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
FARMERBLANCHE wrote:
Dec 1st, 2018 4:51 pm
Nice find
Yes but you have to pay for it and no 100000 points.
No sure I will continue after 8 more months but let's see if it's worth it with the new program.
Lol, technically you paid for it too
But they then gifted you the 100,000 Pts (= $ 100)
For agreeing to be part of the TEST GROUP
That’s quite common in the industry... paying folks to be part of a Test Group / Panel
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
9951 posts
7236 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
MaxPower19 wrote:
Dec 1st, 2018 4:54 pm
Good catch! For me it’s ok because I fly a lot and the $99 credit cancels out the membership fee, but I don’t think I’d even pay $10 extra for this program since they got rid of the double-dipping.
I don’t have a PC MC ...
But am a PCO “Points Hound” so I have been following this topic marginally

Perhaps for my benefit ... and anyone else interested
You could summarize where / how the double dip has disappeared
And give an example
Thx
May 27, 2011
437 posts
360 upvotes
Montreal
PointsHubby wrote:
Dec 1st, 2018 5:12 pm
You could summarize where / how the double dip has disappeared
When you have multiple "competing" offers -> only the biggest discount/points haul applies. Example: you can't get 20% back in points from Insiders for a $75 purchase and also get extra points from a "Buy for $75 and get $25 back in points at Shoppers"
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
9951 posts
7236 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
bobitza wrote:
Dec 1st, 2018 5:18 pm
When you have multiple "competing" offers -> only the biggest discount/points haul applies. Example: you can't get 20% back in points from Insiders for a $75 purchase and also get extra points from a "Buy for $75 and get $25 back in points at Shoppers"
Thanks for the explanation

Ok... so it’s been streamlined so WUS Offers DON’T STACK

Although they previously DID STACK under the PC MC Umbrella

I suspect this is because it was due to go mainstream for everyone (vs just PC MC CC holders) to subscribe to

And now in line with the rules most are quite familiar with when it comes to STACKING

Especially at SDM

I feel your pain though...
was there ... now gone
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
9636 posts
2282 upvotes
I just got a email saying join now, 50% off with a unique coupon code they sent me.