• Oct 21st, 2019 12:53 am
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
16437 posts
8776 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
rocking23nf wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 11:38 am
I just got a email saying join now, 50% off with a unique coupon code they sent me.
Hmmm... My email reads, "Get 25% off the annual subscription."

I might have bitten at 25% but no way when I know that others are getting 50%.

Great job at pissing me off, Loblaw.
veni, vidi, Visa
Aug 8, 2017
6 posts
I got the 25% off annual subscription email today too.

Question about pc travel: in a nut shell, has anyone used the $99 travel voucher? Is it like the WestJet companion voucher where I have to book two flights?

I need to book a one-way flight out of Winnipeg to Ottawa that's pretty pricey since it's on a long weekend and was wondering if I could use this offer.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2004
3533 posts
2177 upvotes
Well, give us PC Prime Video and same day delivery and I may consider this.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
9636 posts
2282 upvotes
bylo wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 12:35 pm
Hmmm... My email reads, "Get 25% off the annual subscription."

I might have bitten at 25% but no way when I know that others are getting 50%.

Great job at pissing me off, Loblaw.
maybe because I have the world elite card? just an idea.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
16437 posts
8776 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
rocking23nf wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 2:42 pm
maybe because I have the world elite card? just an idea.
I also have the PCF WE MC.

They invited me to the PC-I program before it was officially launched. I never bit. Did you previously get any PC-I invites?
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
9636 posts
2282 upvotes
bylo wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 2:53 pm
I also have the PCF WE MC.

They invited me to the PC-I program before it was officially launched. I never bit. Did you previously get any PC-I invites?
yes but I didn't sign up. I don't even know if this is worth 50$, maybe if I use the travel credit. I don't buy baby stuff, I don't buy organic, I don't buy shoppers beauty and I don't do online grocery pickup.

maybe the black labels points are decent, but im not sure. the gift boxes look neat, the first one, while a bigger value, would be garbage for me, but the second one I would have used.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
16437 posts
8776 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
rocking23nf wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 3:09 pm
yes but I didn't sign up. I don't even know if this is worth 50$, maybe if I use the travel credit. I don't buy baby stuff, I don't buy organic, I don't buy shoppers beauty and I don't do online grocery pickup.

maybe the black labels points are decent, but im not sure. the gift boxes look neat, the first one, while a bigger value, would be garbage for me, but the second one I would have used.
I'm in exactly the same situation. I figure the $100 travel credit for $50 makes sense if PC Travel offers the same prices as anywhere else. (They claim they price match, so presumably yes.) But all the other stuff is of no use to me nor have I ever bought any of it. Puzzling.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2004
1150 posts
330 upvotes
yeah got the 25% off email but now no more 100k bonus :(
Dec 5, 2018
1 posts
I got this email. I laughed. Since Shopper's and PC went together I went from making tons of points to hardly getting anything. The offers suck and are not useful. I spend $300 at No Frills to get NO POINTS often! I don't buy chips and a lot of crap they have offers for and No Frills CANNOT beat the price I get for diapers from Amazon - I get humongous boxes of the brand and style I LIKE instead of having to settle for the same price and it is shipped to my door. I also get Amazon Music, Amazon Video, Free 2 day shipping and better prices usually than No Frills. They'd have to give me a whole lot more perks for me to fork over $99 for special point offers. Sorry, I'll stick Amazon you greedy corporate companies. We used to have a good food box program. We didn't ask or get a discount off of the fruits and veggies we bought. It went great with our local store and then one day we are told their Head Office said we were no longer allowed to buy bulk fruits and veggies anymore - thus squashing our Good Food Box program which affected MANY MANY people.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2004
5857 posts
466 upvotes
MelissaP79404 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2018 11:51 am
I got this email. I laughed. Since Shopper's and PC went together I went from making tons of points to hardly getting anything. The offers suck and are not useful. I spend $300 at No Frills to get NO POINTS often! I don't buy chips and a lot of crap they have offers for and No Frills CANNOT beat the price I get for diapers from Amazon - I get humongous boxes of the brand and style I LIKE instead of having to settle for the same price and it is shipped to my door. I also get Amazon Music, Amazon Video, Free 2 day shipping and better prices usually than No Frills. They'd have to give me a whole lot more perks for me to fork over $99 for special point offers. Sorry, I'll stick Amazon you greedy corporate companies. We used to have a good food box program. We didn't ask or get a discount off of the fruits and veggies we bought. It went great with our local store and then one day we are told their Head Office said we were no longer allowed to buy bulk fruits and veggies anymore - thus squashing our Good Food Box program which affected MANY MANY people.
If anything, Amazon is a much bigger corporate company than Loblaws...Black Question Mark Ornament

Second, papmpers diapers are often cheaper at Superstore. When they have it on sale, the big boxes are $33. They often have $10 off coupon if you buy two. On top of that, you'll get 20% pts back with PC Insiders. Plus you can do the pc express or click and go and they'll deliver it to your car. Amazon just gives you 20% whatever the going price is at the time of your subscription day and sure, someone leaves it at your front door but RCSS is way cheaper.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
1840 posts
1676 upvotes
Toronto
I like how the PC Optimum app now shows PC Insiders exclusive offers, but none have interested me so far.

I also like how the 20x the points for my recent PC Black Label purchase showed right on my receipt, that's not what happened early on in the program when I had to wait for the 20x the points to show for a PC Organics purchase.

I'm still not sure if I'd pay for another year without the bonus points for joining, but it's nice to see them making improvements.
Dec 8, 2011
930 posts
863 upvotes
Toronto
frank2243 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2018 12:39 pm
Did anyone had any problem subscribing to the offer online with a promo code received by email and a PC MC card number for the payment? I logged in with the email adress linked to my PC Optimum account and each time the payment is refused. I called PC Financial and was told there is nothing wrong with the MC and to call PC Insiders which I did. I called them, but they cannot help me if I don't know the PC Optimum. I called PC Optimum and I was told that they could not provide me a PC Optimum account number....
Your PC Optimum account # or Card # ?

Your account is your email and password which you use to sign in to the app or web browser, and the times that I have called PC Optimum or PC Insiders all I have to provide is either my MC # or PC Optimum Card # which you can find on the app under Card Tab and under the Barcode.
Dec 8, 2011
930 posts
863 upvotes
Toronto
frank2243 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2018 1:02 pm
I was told by agent that I absolutely need the PC Optimum Card #. They cannot do it with the MC #. I called PC Optimum and I was told that I needed to talk with PC Financial to get the PC Optimum card number linked to the PC MC. However, when you call PC Financial and as soon as you say PC Optimum or PC Insiders they give you their phone number to call at.
Sorry if I am not understanding correctly.

What you are trying to do is sign up for PC Insiders but system is not allowing you because your MC is not linked to a PC Optimum account. You called both parties and both are giving you the run around.

If all you need to do is link accounts, sign in to your PC Optimum , click on Cards tab, click on "Link a PC Financial Card" and fill out the corresponding info and you should be good to go. No need to call anybody to do it for you.
Dec 8, 2011
930 posts
863 upvotes
Toronto
frank2243 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2018 1:41 pm
My PC MC is linked to my PC Optimum. When I log in on my PC Optimum account, I see it in the cards list.

However, when I go online to the pc insiders website to subscribe I am always getting the error message that payment was refused. I thought at first that my PC MC was blocked for whatever reason then I called PC Financial to ask and I was told the card was ok and to call PC Insiders.

Then I called PC Insiders and was told that they need the PC Optimum electronic number linked to the PC MC. They tried to find it with the PC MC card number, but they were not able to do so and was told to call PC Optimum to get it.

PC Optimum tried to find the number, but they said that they could not give it to me since it is linked with the PC MC so it is up to PC Financial to give it to me.
I failed to see what they mean by PC electronic number, but it seems that they are giving you the run around.

I say try callin again and speak to a different rep or even ask for a supervisor. Or even the chat option on the app might be of better help.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1378 posts
317 upvotes
Toronto
frank2243 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2018 1:41 pm
My PC MC is linked to my PC Optimum. When I log in on my PC Optimum account, I see it in the cards list.

However, when I go online to the pc insiders website to subscribe I am always getting the error message that payment was refused. I thought at first that my PC MC was blocked for whatever reason then I called PC Financial to ask and I was told the card was ok and to call PC Insiders.

Then I called PC Insiders and was told that they need the PC Optimum electronic number linked to the PC MC. They tried to find it with the PC MC card number, but they were not able to do so and was told to call PC Optimum to get it.

PC Optimum tried to find the number, but they said that they could not give it to me since it is linked with the PC MC so it is up to PC Financial to give it to me.
Login to your phone app and give them the card number from there, I had to do that as well since mine is attached to the PC MC as well