PC Insiders Paid Membership - $99 per year / $9.99 per month

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2019 12:53 am
Sep 10, 2017
141 posts
120 upvotes
exmachina82 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 2:29 pm
I got the 25% off annual subscription email today too.

Question about pc travel: in a nut shell, has anyone used the $99 travel voucher? Is it like the WestJet companion voucher where I have to book two flights?

I need to book a one-way flight out of Winnipeg to Ottawa that's pretty pricey since it's on a long weekend and was wondering if I could use this offer.
Not sure how westjet voucher works.

I used the voucher on a one way flight for 3 of my family members that cost about $75 each. I was able to find a lower price on kayak, called in to price match and get a bonus 25,000 PCO points and told them to use my insiders credit and I instantly got $99 off the booking. Pretty seamless experience.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
4025 posts
654 upvotes
Richmond
MaxPower19 wrote:
Dec 1st, 2018 4:54 pm
Good catch! For me it’s ok because I fly a lot and the $99 credit cancels out the membership fee, but I don’t think I’d even pay $10 extra for this program since they got rid of the double-dipping.
I was able to double dip today. I bought PC organic free range eggs. I had an offer for pc free run eggs. Offer works in the organic version too. And I got pc insiders organics offer applied as well.
Jan 12, 2005
741 posts
181 upvotes
For Shoppers Drug Mart beauty website, do you get 20x points on top of any 20x points offers in the store?

Can't tell if this has been mentioned in the last 38 pages (also, they seem to have changed some terms).
May 28, 2012
10275 posts
2429 upvotes
Saskatoon
I got the 50% off annual subscription OR one month free. I don't have any PC credit cards. Not sure if I'll bite on this one because we have two separate accounts and I'm not interested in linking them.
Nov 12, 2012
494 posts
207 upvotes
Port Moody
Just a question about returns for some of my fellow PC Insider members that took advantage of online shopping double dipping:

I've done two returns now - my PCFMC points reversed after about a month - but I still haven't had bonus points or insider points clawed back.

Has anyone else done a return? Does it just take 6-8 weeks... or longer?
Dec 11, 2018
16 posts
8 upvotes
silverele wrote:
Dec 6th, 2018 10:12 pm
I like how the PC Optimum app now shows PC Insiders exclusive offers, but none have interested me so far.

I also like how the 20x the points for my recent PC Black Label purchase showed right on my receipt, that's not what happened early on in the program when I had to wait for the 20x the points to show for a PC Organics purchase.

I'm still not sure if I'd pay for another year without the bonus points for joining, but it's nice to see them making improvements.

Wondering how you can tell what are the PC Insiders Exclusive offers? I became a member about 2 weeks ago and as far as I can tell my offers continue to be the regular old ones. Maybe they take a few weeks to kick in?
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10672 posts
9787 upvotes
I purchased PC Organic Apples yesterday and received 20% worth of points stacking with my 200 pts/$1 spend on apple offer. No bad for 40% off. Insider pts are shown on receipt.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $25 plan, Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, $7 50min/50text,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 3 lines $95/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
1840 posts
1676 upvotes
Toronto
Frenchbread wrote:
Dec 16th, 2018 2:37 pm
Wondering how you can tell what are the PC Insiders Exclusive offers? I became a member about 2 weeks ago and as far as I can tell my offers continue to be the regular old ones. Maybe they take a few weeks to kick in?
In my app, next to the number of offers loaded it has the PC insiders subscription logo. Then under "Offers we think you may like" there are offers with the PC insiders subscription logo again.
Sep 2, 2016
228 posts
15 upvotes
Toukolou wrote:
Dec 16th, 2018 5:02 pm
Except...it's not. Amazon delivers to my door, usually next day (I've gotten orders same day) for less than the regular cost of this membership.

This program may work for some, but it doesn't sound like a program with broad appeal. Certainly not at $99/year.
TrevorK wrote:
Dec 16th, 2018 10:38 pm
Joe Fresh and Beauty Boutique both deliver to your door, just like Amazon Prime.

Superstore delivers to your car - which allows you to buy items that Amazon does not sell (e.g. fresh meat).
Really? I thought you had to go in the store at some place to pick up your stuff.
Jul 3, 2002
988 posts
2044 upvotes
frank2243 wrote:
Dec 17th, 2018 2:02 pm
Really? I thought you had to go in the store at some place to pick up your stuff.
Nope
Pull into the special spots, call the # and they are usually out in 5 or less. Pretty efficient. Don't even have to get out of your car if you don't want to.
Much better than going into the store especially these days
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
15958 posts
6139 upvotes
frank2243 wrote:
Dec 17th, 2018 2:02 pm
Nope - they have special parking spots close to the door where they delivery your stuff. You just call them when you get there. They have a limited number of spots for each time interval too so it's never swamped. The downside is that more of the popular times fill up quickly because of the increased membership. It's a great way to get your groceries if you do not like the shopping experience or do not have time.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
4831 posts
997 upvotes
So what's the verdict is this worth it or not?
Mark77 wrote:"All aspiring students should go into the financial services - engineering is, and always has been, a poor choice for our brightest minds ... and TodayHello is my Hero ..."
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Sep 10, 2017
141 posts
120 upvotes
TodayHello wrote:
Dec 27th, 2018 1:18 pm
So what's the verdict is this worth it or not?
In my opinion, defiantly worth it for the following reasons:

1) $99 travel credit for any flight or 3+ day hotel booking with PC Travel, which can price match to Canadian travel agencies (eg. Kayak website). If you're going to travel at least once a year this almost pays for the subscription (best perk for me)
2) Free Grocery pickup from RCSS/Loblaws/No Frills. Depending on your shopping style you might enjoy the convenience and it saves the $3-5 pick up fee, which for some can pay for the subscription
3) 20% back in points for any brand diapers/PC organics/ Shoppers beautybotique (with free delivery)/PC organics/Joe Fresh (with free delivery) which stacks with personal PCO Offers (not with 20x the points shoppers offers anymore) - Consider how much you spend on these categories. How much this is worth it with vary drastically.

If your close to breaking even on the above benefits consider the minor extra perks like the yearly surprise box and bonus PC insiders optimum offers, which aren't huge on their own, they are nice little bonus perks.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
4831 posts
997 upvotes
bipster wrote:
Dec 27th, 2018 11:20 pm
In my opinion, defiantly worth it for the following reasons:

1) $99 travel credit for any flight or 3+ day hotel booking with PC Travel, which can price match to Canadian travel agencies (eg. Kayak website). If you're going to travel at least once a year this almost pays for the subscription (best perk for me)
2) Free Grocery pickup from RCSS/Loblaws/No Frills. Depending on your shopping style you might enjoy the convenience and it saves the $3-5 pick up fee, which for some can pay for the subscription
3) 20% back in points for any brand diapers/PC organics/ Shoppers beautybotique (with free delivery)/PC organics/Joe Fresh (with free delivery) which stacks with personal PCO Offers (not with 20x the points shoppers offers anymore) - Consider how much you spend on these categories. How much this is worth it with vary drastically.

If your close to breaking even on the above benefits consider the minor extra perks like the yearly surprise box and bonus PC insiders optimum offers, which aren't huge on their own, they are nice little bonus perks.
Thanks, appreciate the feedback.

How about the 'free delivery / shipping' - how are people find this? The website didn't have much info.
Mark77 wrote:"All aspiring students should go into the financial services - engineering is, and always has been, a poor choice for our brightest minds ... and TodayHello is my Hero ..."
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Sep 10, 2017
141 posts
120 upvotes
TodayHello wrote:
Dec 28th, 2018 9:50 am
Thanks, appreciate the feedback.

How about the 'free delivery / shipping' - how are people find this? The website didn't have much info.
It's just free delivery from Joe fresh or shoppers beauty boutique online without a minimum order. Heard some people found this useful to get some on sale cloths or beauty products without having to spend $50 on purchases for free shipping. Highly dependent on you how much this is useful.

Keep in mind there may still be a minimum order for grocery pickup (eg $30 for real Canadian Superstore), just no pick up fee.