Shopping Discussion

PC Insiders Paid Membership - $99 per year / $9.99 per month

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2019 2:02 am
Dec 1, 2007
608 posts
74 upvotes
St Thomas, ON
Just finished signing up for the 50% off for a year. Wife has used the click and collect about 5 times now and paid for it once (others were ‘first month free’). Makes very convenient for parents of babies.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
5499 posts
1294 upvotes
Montreal
Do you still collect points through PC Insiders when doing a redemption?

For example, if I get $40 worth of Joe Fresh Apparel in store and redeem points, will I still get 20x the points for the transaction?
Jan 12, 2005
557 posts
93 upvotes
How long does it take for points from the Joe Fresh website to appear in your account? The package was delivered today but still no trace of points
Oct 14, 2005
937 posts
257 upvotes
Does anyone know of an unexpired code out there for the 1 month trial? I have googled but not found one. The 1 month trial expired at the end of December.
Jan 12, 2005
557 posts
93 upvotes
ariel wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 2:05 pm
How long does it take for points from the Joe Fresh website to appear in your account? The package was delivered today but still no trace of points
Joe Fresh points never did appear in my points account and there is no record of this transaction in my Insiders account. I had to submit a points inquiry which is just ridiculous. You'd think their universal login for all of their sites would be smart enough. If this continues and I have to request points every time, I am definitely not going to renew this membership :rolleyes:
Sep 6, 2016
509 posts
180 upvotes
They suppose to pay for us not customers for them
Without us they will lost their business

Pay for get.. nothing Face With Tears Of JoyCrying FaceCrying FaceCrying Face :twisted: :twisted:
Public Mobile $110/12GB forever!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7318 posts
804 upvotes
GTA
ariel wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 2:05 pm
I had a problem with getting the free shipping when my membership was brand new. I had to call to get it refunded, but since then it was ok. The Insider points have showed on my emailed JF invoice since the first time and I received them soon after.

One thing to keep in mind with Joe Fresh are the blackout period dates...you may not have ordered during that period. I didn't because I knew it was possible I wouldn't get the Insider points

. Blackout periods apply for Joe Fresh branded products in association with Black Friday and Boxing Day promotional periods, and may occur at any time from November 16 through December 6 and from December 26 through January 9 each year. During these periods you will not earn points through the PC Insiders program for Joe Fresh branded items purchased online at joefresh.com, or at Joe Fresh stores, Loblaw banner stores, Shoppers Drug Mart and Pharmaprix. Blackout dates may vary each year; we will advise you of the exact dates via email leading up to the holiday season each year.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Apr 22, 2015
61 posts
35 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
The 20X at shoppers no longer stacks with the PC insiders stuff like Organics. That makes this way less valuable
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
3409 posts
908 upvotes
QC
TodayHello wrote:
Dec 27th, 2018 1:18 pm
So what's the verdict is this worth it or not?
Depends on your shopping habit. I tried this week express delivery. It has place for improvement, but it's convenient with children. Maxi (cheaper store) was surprisingly better than Provigo (Loblaws).
Jun 25, 2007
164 posts
33 upvotes
Scarborough
PC travel have such poor customer service, first off i blame myself for not checking clearly the misleading advertisement on the 99 credit is only available on a 3 nights hotel booking.

Though I don't expect all the attitudes and hassles that follows. I tried to book through the website but not able to find the city. (Page, AZ) That's the city where antelope canyon is, it's not some unknown small town. OK Call in and rep was very slow, tried to get a reference # at the end but told I will get that by email.

No Email. Call again to make sure and also cause I found expedia has a lower price, so attempt to PM. Call in and was asked what's my booking reference. I said I haven't get one. Then the rep say this word by word:"How am I going to find your booking if you don't have a reference number?", I was a little bit shocked by that attitude. Anyway I asked her to check by name or email, she went ahead and check, nothing comes back. What about phone #? Finally pulled up a record, the previous CS rep took the wrong email hence I never receive my invoice. Went ahead and tried to price match and was told my booking price is same as what's on expedia currently, literally my head went WTF at this moment. I suggested a screenshot but they say they don't take screenshot. OK, what's that on your best price guarantee page about screenshots. (https://pctravel.ca/info/price-match-guarantee.aspx)

Fine, try ca.hotels.com, Rep: OK, let me check TOC, you can only PM once!? Me: Wait, what? Rep: Ok, TOC didn't say, let me check, it's NOT Canadian certified (no TICO on the web site).

Gave up at this point.

Check tripadvisor again and found travelocity (TICO certified), attempt to call again, another grumpy rep checked and say you can't use tripadvisor or search engine for the lower price. You have to go directly to the website and search.

Gave up the 2nd time and probably the last time. expedia.ca (TICO) still has a lower price but not sure if I want to deal with them ever again!

My advice, took your $100 travel credit and stay away from them.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6994 posts
4500 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
fayya wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 11:53 am
PC travel have such poor customer service, first off i blame myself for not checking clearly the misleading advertisement on the 99 credit is only available on a 3 nights hotel booking.

Though I don't expect all the attitudes and hassles that follows. I tried to book through the website but not able to find the city. (Page, AZ) That's the city where antelope canyon is, it's not some unknown small town. OK Call in and rep was very slow, tried to get a reference # at the end but told I will get that by email.

No Email. Call again to make sure and also cause I found expedia has a lower price, so attempt to PM. Call in and was asked what's my booking reference. I said I haven't get one. Then the rep say this word by word:"How am I going to find your booking if you don't have a reference number?", I was a little bit shocked by that attitude. Anyway I asked her to check by name or email, she went ahead and check, nothing comes back. What about phone #? Finally pulled up a record, the previous CS rep took the wrong email hence I never receive my invoice. Went ahead and tried to price match and was told my booking price is same as what's on expedia currently, literally my head went WTF at this moment. I suggested a screenshot but they say they don't take screenshot. OK, what's that on your best price guarantee page about screenshots. (https://pctravel.ca/info/price-match-guarantee.aspx)

Fine, try ca.hotels.com, Rep: OK, let me check TOC, you can only PM once!? Me: Wait, what? Rep: Ok, TOC didn't say, let me check, it's NOT Canadian certified (no TICO on the web site).

Gave up at this point.

Check tripadvisor again and found travelocity (TICO certified), attempt to call again, another grumpy rep checked and say you can't use tripadvisor or search engine for the lower price. You have to go directly to the website and search.

Gave up the 2nd time and probably the last time. expedia.ca (TICO) still has a lower price but not sure if I want to deal with them ever again!

My advice, took your $100 travel credit and stay away from them.
Not sure how this whole TICO thing plays into this issue.
TICO is the Travel Industry Council of Ontario
And PC Insiders is Canadawide ... so a lot more than just Ontario

That said, I took a look at Page AZ on TripAdvisor, and the town is teeming with Brand Name Chain Hotels
Most of these Hotels have their own Best Price Guarantee Clause (especially if you are a Loyalty Club Member)

So why not book direct with one of them on a CANCELLABLE RESERVATION
And you’ll get your Proof of Booking / Price
And then use that to Price Match with PC Insiders Travel
If you are set on using up your $ 99 Travel Credit

These 3rd Party Hotel Search Engines / Booking Agents IMO are a joke and not worth the hassle
They rarely have the best deals anymore when you look at the whole picture
Booking Direct ... either with the Hotel Chains Website ... OR Front Desk is where it’s at these days
And the absolute best pricing goes to Loyalty Members
Jun 25, 2007
164 posts
33 upvotes
Scarborough
PointsHubby wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 5:03 pm
Not sure how this whole TICO thing plays into this issue.
TICO is the Travel Industry Council of Ontario
And PC Insiders is Canadawide ... so a lot more than just Ontario

That said, I took a look at Page AZ on TripAdvisor, and the town is teeming with Brand Name Chain Hotels
Most of these Hotels have their own Best Price Guarantee Clause (especially if you are a Loyalty Club Member)

So why not book direct with one of them on a CANCELLABLE RESERVATION
And you’ll get your Proof of Booking / Price
And then use that to Price Match with PC Insiders Travel
If you are set on using up your $ 99 Travel Credit

These 3rd Party Hotel Search Engines / Booking Agents IMO are a joke and not worth the hassle
They rarely have the best deals anymore when you look at the whole picture
Booking Direct ... either with the Hotel Chains Website ... OR Front Desk is where it’s at these days
And the absolute best pricing goes to Loyalty Members
They are not willing to take my proof, I offered, trust me. Although I take all these false advertising with a grind of salt but I can't stand they don't honour their own price guarantee statement, this is as black and white as it gets. As if they can just tell u whatever they want because yeah there's the TOC at the bottom that says it's up to them to give out Price guarantee, I didn't expect that really, and that attitude.

Seriously, I had 3 phone calls with three diff. Rep And I feel they are all grumpy and unprofessional, I can imagine they prob. get a lot of shit (nothing from me) from unhappy customers or they are being mistreat by PC. Either way, my 24 hr window is over but I just want to let people know don't count on the PM. It's by chance.
Oct 3, 2010
970 posts
557 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
I bought 2.98$ of organic broth and received only 420 points. Its supposed to be 20% so 580 points no? Any idea what happened? Others offers were milk offers. At SDM.
Nov 12, 2012
369 posts
132 upvotes
Port Moody
I just saw a PC Insiders TV commercial featuring a Cityline host. She said, "PC Insiders enjoy 20% back on Joe Fresh, PC Organics, and Beautyboutique online". Is this a mistake or did they change online orders to be 20% back instead of 20x the points?
Dec 6, 2016
66 posts
21 upvotes
Calgary, AB
pokee99 wrote:
Jan 15th, 2019 7:54 pm
I just saw a PC Insiders TV commercial featuring a Cityline host. She said, "PC Insiders enjoy 20% back on Joe Fresh, PC Organics, and Beautyboutique online". Is this a mistake or did they change online orders to be 20% back instead of 20x the points?
What you get is 20% back in points.