Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
PC Insiders

Save 25% on an annual subscription or $10 off the month-to-month plan

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 19th, 2018 11:58 pm
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18196 posts
36555 upvotes
Scarborough

Save 25% on an annual subscription or $10 off the month-to-month plan

Deal Link:
Expiry:
January 1, 2019
Retailer:
PC Insiders
Incase you haven't heard, Loblaw Company Ltd. just launched a new paid subscription program called PC Insiders. You get a bunch of perks for being a member like no-fee grocery pickup, PC Optimum Point bonuses, free shipping at shoppersdrugmart.ca & joefresh.com and some other benefits.

The annual subscription is normally $99/year before tax and that works out to $74.25 after the promo code. The monthly subscription is $9.99 a month so you're essentially getting one month free. The pilot project started last year and you can see what other people have thought about it in this thread here.

• 25% off (annual plans only): Use promo code 2AEARD
  • 1 month free (monthly plans only): Use promo code 1AEARD
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
58 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2006
1427 posts
1127 upvotes
Alberta
It seems they are also doing cold calls. Couple weeks ago got the call to subscribe to it and offered 100k PC points to offset the subscription cost. So I took it to see if it's worth it.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
7814 posts
8682 upvotes
[removed]

Worked out great for us.

Got 100K PC Points to sign up, but I think we will keep our subscription.

We used our $99 travel credit and also had PC Travel do a price match for extra 25000 points on our Mexico vacation.

If you travel at least once a year, the subscription is basically $1/year.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Dec 15th, 2018 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quote removed
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
7814 posts
8682 upvotes
[removed]
Btw, the $99 annual travel credit makes the subscription well worth it IMO.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Dec 15th, 2018 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quote and part of your response removed
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2018
1063 posts
1201 upvotes
superfresh89 wrote: Worked out great for us.

Got 100K PC Points to sign up, but I think we will keep our subscription.

We used our $99 travel credit and also had PC Travel do a price match for extra 25000 points on our Mexico vacation.

If you travel at least once a year, the subscription is basically $1/year.
Ya looking at a quick trip to the us in January and noticed it was $60 cheaper then the same tickets on the airlines site says there even the same class not a basic eco seat either since this route doesn’t sell those
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
3157 posts
3303 upvotes
superfresh89 wrote: Where do you shop then...? Giant Tiger and Walmart? Or expensive places like Farm Boy or Sobeys?

Btw, the $99 annual travel credit makes the subscription well worth it IMO.
I have the PC insiders and it's really... just meh. Other travel sites have ebates so it kind of negates the travel credit IMO (they offer close to 10% cashback). It's just isn't worth the money, especially now they've changed the rules so you can't stack personal offers with pc insiders bonus points (unless I'm mistaken about the change).

For costco, I'm paying to access some of their goods
For amazon, I'm paying for the fast free shipping
For pc insiders, still trying to figure out the selling point. If it's just pure financial gain, it's not worth it unless you got the 100K pts for signing up (which I did)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
8476 posts
6210 upvotes
it's good if you can double dip with SDM Beauty Boutique online shopping, use the $99 travel credit. You also receive a very nicely looking 'surprised' gift box once a year. I took the offer when they offered me 100K PCO points back. I probably not renewing it next year if I don't get the same deal
Jan 15, 2008
250 posts
265 upvotes
Expecting our first child in January and just wondering if anyone had an opinion on this program regarding the 20% back on diapers. I’d take the offer with the 100k points back for sure, but unsure if paying out of pocket.
Last edited by jaleong on Dec 14th, 2018 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
7814 posts
8682 upvotes
slimysnot wrote: I have the PC insiders and it's really... just meh. Other travel sites have ebates so it kind of negates the travel credit IMO (they offer close to 10% cashback). It's just isn't worth the money, especially now they've changed the rules so you can't stack personal offers with pc insiders bonus points (unless I'm mistaken about the change).

For costco, I'm paying to access some of their goods
For amazon, I'm paying for the fast free shipping
For pc insiders, still trying to figure out the selling point. If it's just pure financial gain, it's not worth it unless you got the 100K pts for signing up (which I did)
Good point on the eBates, didn't think about that. With 100K points, definitely a no-brainer. I'll have to think about it.
Sep 21, 2016
156 posts
31 upvotes
jaleong wrote: Expecting our first child in January and just wondering if anyone had an opinion on this program regarding the 20% back on diapers. I’d take the offer with the 100k points back for sure if paying out of pocket.
I got 116$ in points for using it for 8 months for my infant's diapers and sometimes formula.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2017
1270 posts
1550 upvotes
Kitchener
I really didn't like this program early on.
The 20% back never worked for me. Even after I emailed about it, they said no - you already got 20% points from an offer. This was very early on long before they added that no stacking at all every clause (Which is bullshit, because you can fully stack every individual item offer with 1 X spend offer, so it breaks the programs overall rules).
Thus I should of got those points.

After that, they added almost all the food I like to local shoppers drug mart, and almost always get it with some other bigger points offer, so that value is pretty worthless for me. Only thing organic i buy regularly is cereal anyways.

Then they sent that disgusting rotting onion stuff and horribly gross crackers as the "special surprise gift" . Ya thanks, cuz we're all weirdo vegans that like that strange gross food.

But they've been listening and it's been getting better like every 3 months, even tho they already did a couple nerds (single gift per year, no stacking points - they as I've mentioned, they never stacked in the first place).

The 2nd gift was vastly better. Very nice maple syrup - something almost every likes, and a bunch of nice christmassy baking stuff, I dont bake but was at least good to give to my sister. The presentation is nice too, they obviously spend a fair bit on packaging.

And they did a big improvement by having it apply to PC black label stuff too - lots of great food under that banner thats not too weird like the first batch they sent. Black label wagu burgers are great, maple syrup, and lots of other nice choices.

And another new one I like lately: PC Insiders offers in the app every week. The nice thing about all of these so far is they are the "buy X item, get a bunch of points" . They have no spend qualifier, thus you can redeem for them and still earn. Basically gives you nice stuff (so fars its been things I like) at a higher then usual points value.

Then the travel credit.. Great in theory : But in practice was a nightmare to use.

Issue 1: There website is absolutely garbage and basically unusable if you intend to book travel for anyone except yourself. You basically can't do it without knowing tricks, and even then, you actaully absolutely plain cant use the travel for anyone but yourself - they hard locked in with a recent update. Just after I explained how broken there site was - they just made it stupider as the "fix".

So went to book a flight for a friend:
Normally on a online travel agency, you would log in, maybe add them as a frequent traveler on your account so can do this in a few clicks, very easy . On expedia type sites can get it done in under 3 min, in a handful of clicks once you got the info set up.
This site:
No login... they dont even have accounts, so antiqauted..
Pick your card - Every single time you visit, also now: pick subscription , andthen card type. So stupid and slow.
Find the flight and reserve (that works well enough)
Next page: Fill in passenger info. That's all it asks, it says zero about anything else, like putting the purchasers info. To use the travel credit, you have to put your info , email, birthday, etc, all have to match.
Zero option to even add a 2nd passenger if you were traveling together with someone.
So I fill her info since it has to be obviously since its a flight. Next page
Here her info is already pre filled. The section is just called contact details, and they pre fill it from the last page, great.
Last section, credit card info. Filled in mine.. Odd where do I put the billing info? Not there.. okay well some online sites never ask for it and they still work fine.
Submit

Get a confirmation email, shows her name , all looks good. I check and yep my card was charged no problem, right amount. Travel credit applied.

She goes to board. Denied, you have no ticket.

So yea going on too long, long story short:
They never called me or her. They sent an email from a THIRD PARTY , with a weird domain name, nothing about pc travel in the subject or from line. Google super flagged this as spam.

It said sorry your credit card failed validation. Call us.

So yea, had to book a full price last minute flight, got really screwed over.

I called them up, told them how broken the site was. I did nothing wrong, there literally is nowhere for me to put my billing address or anything to "pass validation". (Still isn't to this day, if you book for someone else, it will likely fail the same)
They gave me a hard time and all I got was another $50 credit to use later - which was SUPER stupidly time consuming and hard to use too.

PHONE CALL ONLY - PLUS email us this voucher. Like wtf, forcing me to verify everything over hte phone, yet also wanting a digital transaction.

The phone agent on the follow up later to use the credit proper this time, was also incompetent - clearly zero experience in ever booking travel. Took over an hour to do a very simple one way flight that I had all the details ready for her.

So yea overall:
PC Insiders, not bad, getting better a bit I guess.

PC travel: Cancer, never use that. Not worth it. If you have to call, dont waste your time. Maybe if your booking something less risky then a flight like a hotel, and its in your own name, and you dont care about hotel points, maybe.. Other then that, its impossible to use.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2018
1063 posts
1201 upvotes
How are people getting the 100k points offer?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
7814 posts
8682 upvotes
Eleventeen wrote: PC travel: Cancer, never use that. Not worth it. If you have to call, dont waste your time. Maybe if your booking something less risky then a flight like a hotel, and its in your own name, and you dont care about hotel points, maybe.. Other then that, its impossible to use.
Quite the opposite experience with PC Travel for me. Probably because I used it on myself. Why didn't you just save the credit for yourself and book your friend's flight with another method? The credit is clearly intended for the PC Insider subscriber, and is tied to your account. I wouldn't be surprised if they completely removed the ability to use the credit towards third party bookings - I don't see how that benefits them at all.

Everything was super easy, checked online for prices, called in a booked an all inclusive vacation for 2. Took about 30 min, $99 credit confirmed and applied. Recieved an invoice the next day.

Also noticed the price went down on TripCentral the next day so I called PC Travel again to match the price. Very painless, asked for the details, put me on hold for about 2 mins, was immediately refunded for the difference, and 25000 bonus points applied to my booking. Recieved an updated invoice by email within a few minutes, confirming the refund amount and extra points.

I would use them again.
Last edited by KanataKG on Dec 15th, 2018 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
7814 posts
8682 upvotes
Aselwyn1 wrote: How are people getting the 100k points offer?
I don't think they are right now. They were targeted emails to PCMC holders back when they were 'testing' the program in the summer. I think I got mine around August.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
4329 posts
1344 upvotes
Moncton
Is there a video streaming service included? ;)

Not quite Spirit's "club" , but pretty freaking close in paying for thin air. They should at least throw in a magazine subscription or something. Granted Costco and Amazon are doing it, so why not Shoppers I guess. Odd they aren't linking it to a credit card though.
Toronto is a very small part of Canada
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
3157 posts
3303 upvotes
jaleong wrote: Expecting our first child in January and just wondering if anyone had an opinion on this program regarding the 20% back on diapers. I’d take the offer with the 100k points back for sure, but unsure if paying out of pocket.
Don't pay out of pocket for pc insiders. You're better off with Amazon prime 20% subscription since you get the advantage of free ship (and fast shipping). You also get to use the $3 coupon each month you resubscribe.

You may not have time to shop around the store and wait for deals to happen with baby now.

For us, we were trying out bottle heads and there was a specific one which we happen to need and know that worked. Completely out of stock at nearby babies r us and Walmart but was on Amazon for same price. Ordered at 5am (yes, you will be up on your phone at that time) and arrived same day.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26651 posts
15244 upvotes
Toronto
cqw wrote: [removed]
They price match, so that's on you.
I have no issues as RCSS as my main grocery store.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Dec 15th, 2018 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quote removed
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Esso Price Privileges Card, 25% Off - save some money on gas
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2001
4327 posts
437 upvotes
Calgary
We subscribed when they offered the 100k points rebate. We spend about $200-$400/mnth on baby stuff, so the 20% points rebate really adds up. Depends on your use case, but for us it's totally worth it, even if we have to pay the $100 annual fee next year.
"i love my girl friend and my girl friend loves me ok so you cant love me"
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1665 upvotes
jaleong wrote: Expecting our first child in January and just wondering if anyone had an opinion on this program regarding the 20% back on diapers. I’d take the offer with the 100k points back for sure, but unsure if paying out of pocket.
You're better off going to WAlmart and pricematching. Walmart has the largest boxes, and accept all coupons I get from Pampers/Huggies etc...
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2013
1066 posts
394 upvotes
Toronto
aquariaguy wrote: You're better off going to WAlmart and pricematching. Walmart has the largest boxes, and accept all coupons I get from Pampers/Huggies etc...
With PC insiders, you can also PM at RCSS and use coupons plus free pick up. Totally worth it for us for diapers, formula and baby food. Plus PC organic homo milk for my toddler.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)