• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2010 4:55 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
6937 posts
343 upvotes

PC MasterCard Website Fail.

The PC MasterCard website redesign is complete and not only do you have to re-register, they no-longer want to tell you how much you owe but only list the minimum amount that is required under "statement summary." For the balance information, you need to go into another screen.

Why on earth under "statement summary" would they tell you everything, including when your payment is due and the minimum amount required but not the full amount that you owe unless of course they don't want you to pay it in full by the end of the month?
63 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 15, 2002
18113 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for the heads up.

It's not that bad .. at least it works better with Roboform!

Would be nice if they could display the new total balance owing clearly instead of hiding it under "Ending Balance" on the invoice or "Current Balance" on the side panel.

Hope they only send one email per month this time. Instead of a balance due email and then a reminder email afterwards (or at least have the option to have only one for those of us who always pay on time).
Mar 13, 2010
111 posts
6 upvotes
I agree the redesigned website is a total fail by PC MC.
If you like to send an official complaint about the new website design contact Kerri Shea, Senior Product Manager at PC Financial MasterCard | Kerri.Shea@pcbank.ca
rems wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2010 1:26 pm
Why must you be proven guilty in a court of law? You know if you violated it or not. I guess if I kill someone and I get away with it I must be innocent...
Nov 18, 2009
192 posts
6 upvotes
y2ktrent wrote:
Jul 5th, 2010 1:43 pm
I agree the redesigned website is a total fail by PC MC.
If you like to send an official complaint about the new website design contact Kerri Shea, Senior Product Manager at PC Financial MasterCard | Kerri.Shea@pcbank.ca
+1
I think she should also scan this forum to read about any complaints to the new PC MC website.
Jun 21, 2006
524 posts
36 upvotes
I don't care for the new interface either. I have no idea why they need me to re register again also, it makes no sense. Why couldn't they just transition the login information over?

My PCMC has too much to remember. I have to remember my PCMC password, Securecode password, PIN, PC points password and then also my regular PCF password.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2007
2890 posts
229 upvotes
CALGARY
I tried their website and it wont let me in with my old information. I had to enter all the infomation all over again. Redesign suck too.
For Sale in Calgary :
PS4 GAMES - NHL 16 + NBA LIVE 16 + Assassin's Creed Syndicate = $85
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
2785 posts
40 upvotes
Home
I can't agree more with OP. New PCMC site sucks.
If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it was, and always will be yours. If it never returns, it was never yours to begin with :|
Aug 8, 2006
453 posts
65 upvotes
Frankie3s wrote:
Jul 5th, 2010 7:04 am
The PC MasterCard website redesign is complete and not only do you have to re-register,
they probably do this as it forces you to agree to the new disclaimer
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2005
2728 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
I agree with others.
New redesign is utter trash.
None of the information you immediately want to see is listed on the first page.
Also, the thing with passwords requiring a friggin non-alphanumeric character.
That just makes it more annoying. Its not like if anyone got access to my account they could really do anything.
You know, short of like paying my bill.
Dec 25, 2009
123 posts
16 upvotes
1LuckyGuy wrote:
Jul 5th, 2010 4:06 pm
I don't care for the new interface either. I have no idea why they need me to re register again also, it makes no sense. Why couldn't they just transition the login information over?

I hazard to guess the password information in the old database was encrypted using a weaker encryption algorithm. That basically means your password is stored in a form that is not human-readable. When you login it encrypts the password you entered, and checks for a match.

When they upgrade the encryption to something stronger they cannot convert the passwords over since they cannot read the original password. They can only compare with one that you submit.

Sure, they could have implemented something to accommodate the changes & ask you to change it on your next login, but that's a loaded gun. Might as well just force users to upgrade, kind of like what's happening slowly with chip cards.

But in the end I'm with you in thinking the PC sites are seriously lacking common functionality that has become commonplace in the banking industry. =)
Dec 20, 2006
517 posts
42 upvotes
reefyone wrote:
Jul 6th, 2010 5:06 am
I hazard to guess the password information in the old database was encrypted using a weaker encryption algorithm. That basically means your password is stored in a form that is not human-readable. When you login it encrypts the password you entered, and checks for a match.

When they upgrade the encryption to something stronger they cannot convert the passwords over since they cannot read the original password. They can only compare with one that you submit.

Sure, they could have implemented something to accommodate the changes & ask you to change it on your next login, but that's a loaded gun. Might as well just force users to upgrade, kind of like what's happening slowly with chip cards.

But in the end I'm with you in thinking the PC sites are seriously lacking common functionality that has become commonplace in the banking industry. =)
They could have done:
When you log in next, prompt as they normally do, encrypt the password using the old method and the new method. If you don't have a password stored using the new method, use the old method to compare the password, if that "pass" save the new encrypted password in the new database... then that customer is converted without them having to do anything. You could leave this "transition" system in place for a few months thus saving 95%+ of customers this hassle.
Dec 25, 2009
123 posts
16 upvotes
java wrote:
Jul 6th, 2010 5:41 am
They could have done:
When you log in next, prompt as they normally do, encrypt the password using the old method and the new method. If you don't have a password stored using the new method, use the old method to compare the password, if that "pass" save the new encrypted password in the new database... then that customer is converted without them having to do anything. You could leave this "transition" system in place for a few months thus saving 95%+ of customers this hassle.
Oh most definitely. There's no denying it's possible, but I don't think they want to spend anything more than they absolutely need to on their web development. Their systems are a bit lacking at times, to say the least. Nevertheless the price is right!
Mar 13, 2010
111 posts
6 upvotes
The new design is terrible. I thought they would have introduced pdf e-statements but they have not done so.
Also with the last website version one could sort transaction in ascending or descending order by date, merchant, etc the new site doesnt even allow this. The last website version one could also view a printer friendly version of their statement which would should their name and address kinda like a paper statement and again the new site doesnt allow this.
I am really curious what was added to the website besides the new design and why they removed some of the previous functionality?
rems wrote:
Jun 23rd, 2010 1:26 pm
Why must you be proven guilty in a court of law? You know if you violated it or not. I guess if I kill someone and I get away with it I must be innocent...
× < >