Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
PC Mobile

Moto G5 $139

• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2018 2:33 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
4843 posts
4378 upvotes
B.C.
JesseL369321 wrote: Going to give the price match a try from wal mart, already made an order for 299$. I called and the rep at first didn’t want to pc it, she was like “Walmart’s version is lunar grey” I told her both phones were that colour. Needless to say, she said it’ll be under investigation and I’ll get a response within 48 hours if they’ll price match.
If they won't price match, try the Source and Staples. Both have the phone. With Staples you could use a coupon if they'll PM.
Last edited by TheHans on Feb 19th, 2018 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I had more time, I would have written a shorter post
Nov 15, 2016
307 posts
116 upvotes
QC
TheHans wrote: If they won't price match, try the Source and Staples. Both have the phone.
Yeh would hate to miss out on this deal, this phone is perfect and I’m finally done my contract with Fido
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10492 posts
7626 upvotes
ON
TheHans wrote: If they won't price match, try the Source and Staples. Both have the phone. With Staples you could use a coupon if they'll PM.
Staples is online only, no stock in stores. I just ordered one and it's showing March delivery. Will try to return and price match in store.
Nov 15, 2016
307 posts
116 upvotes
QC
canceled my order at wal mart, found 1 in stock at the maxi near lasalle metro station, asked and there was 2 or 3 left. Thanks OP!
Nov 15, 2016
307 posts
116 upvotes
QC
Anyone know a good BYOD plan? think i ruined my fido sim scard getting it in hahah i used my skateboard to shred the sim now it doesnt even work on my galaxy core.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2007
1080 posts
542 upvotes
GVRD
wayneh wrote: Can anyone confirm that this works with a wired headset? (earphones and mic combined) . I saw some reports that the connection is faulty
Thanks
It works fine. I tested it with monster turbine headset. ;)
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2012
1386 posts
1800 upvotes
Quebec
JesseL369321 wrote: Anyone know a good BYOD plan? think i ruined my fido sim scard getting it in hahah i used my skateboard to shred the sim now it doesnt even work on my galaxy core.
Do you need data or just text and voice ?
PetroCanada currently has the 15$ text-a-lot offer 15$+tx for unlimited text and 100 minutes per month.

Or you can just get a new Fido sim for 10$ and transfer your old account to it.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2004
2057 posts
479 upvotes
Burlington
kowell wrote: Do you need data or just text and voice ?
PetroCanada currently has the 15$ text-a-lot offer 15$+tx for unlimited text and 100 minutes per month.

You can just use it for voice/txt. I have an older moto g with no data. I just turn off data on the phone and use WIFI to check email and surf. (You will not get MMS this way though I'm not sure there is a good way to be able to get MMS and to stop the phone from using other data.)

Some carriers will also put a data block on your account so you cannot accidentally use data. Not sure if Petro does this.
Jul 19, 2010
886 posts
566 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks OP! bought one in Calgary last night.. it's charging as we speak.
Oct 4, 2009
33 posts
3 upvotes
N.B.
Thanks! Bought one for my wife and only ended up paying $109 (No Tax and redeemed some PC points). Great deal!
Nov 15, 2016
307 posts
116 upvotes
QC
kowell wrote: Do you need data or just text and voice ?

Gonna go with public mobile. They got a 25$ unlimited talk n text
Jan 18, 2007
679 posts
307 upvotes
Edmonton
I got the Moto G5 from the PC prepaid kiosk at Hardy's Your Independent Grocer in Devon, a bedroom community of Edmonton, back in December when it was $149. You can phone and check if they have stock if you feel like a drive and don't want to deal with un-cooperative Mobile Shop people. Its worked well for me, and is noticeably faster on Pokemon Go, particularly on loading Gyms and evolving Pokemon, then my G4 (which had developed microphone and GPS issues) and is fully AR capable.

One handy thing the phone supports with Android 7 is split screening between two apps (long-press the task switcher button to engage this mode on your current app). I can be playing Pokemon Go while watching a video, using Discord, or Transit. Some apps, like Discord and Pokemonm Go, will only update when they have focus, but its simple enough to press one part of the screen or the other to flip between the focused app. Note that flipping a Pokestop requires you orient the phone in landscape, as the flipping motion only seems to register properly when you have Pokemon Go in a portrait aspect ratio; having the phone in landscape orientation results in the two apps on screen being in a portrait aspect ratio.

The microphone in particular is great; I sometimes have to watch I'm not talking too loudly, as people on the other end think I'm shouting.

The case from my G4 did not work for my G5. The G5 is a bit thicker then the G4, so it extended above the bumper edges of the case, plus they reversed the volume and power controls, so the holes on the case were in the wrong spot, and the case caused both to depress, booting the phone into the factory reset console. I got a case and screen protector at Edmonton City Centre at Mobilinq, as I didn't want to wait for a mail order, and they were the only ones in town with stock for the G5. They have shops in Edmonton, Toronto, Vancouver, and Victoria.
Ustauk,
Edmonton, Alberta
Jan 18, 2007
679 posts
307 upvotes
Edmonton
ndy4eva wrote: It works fine. I tested it with monster turbine headset. ;)
I noticed with mine that some microphone-less headphones allow the use of the phone's microphone with them. I couldn't figure out why some worked and some didn't. If you don't want to annoy a relative checking if the microphones working, just dial up 611 to try and talk to a customer service agent for a sec to check your microphone.
Ustauk,
Edmonton, Alberta
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
Ustauk wrote: I got the Moto G5 from the PC prepaid kiosk at Hardy's Your Independent Grocer in Devon, a bedroom community of Edmonton, back in December when it was $149. You can phone and check if they have stock if you feel like a drive and don't want to deal with un-cooperative Mobile Shop people. Its worked well for me, and is noticeably faster on Pokemon Go, particularly on loading Gyms and evolving Pokemon, then my G4 (which had developed microphone and GPS issues) and is fully AR capable.

One handy thing the phone supports with Android 7 is split screening between two apps (long-press the task switcher button to engage this mode on your current app). I can be playing Pokemon Go while watching a video, using Discord, or Transit. Some apps, like Discord and Pokemonm Go, will only update when they have focus, but its simple enough to press one part of the screen or the other to flip between the focused app. Note that flipping a Pokestop requires you orient the phone in landscape, as the flipping motion only seems to register properly when you have Pokemon Go in a portrait aspect ratio; having the phone in landscape orientation results in the two apps on screen being in a portrait aspect ratio.

The microphone in particular is great; I sometimes have to watch I'm not talking too loudly, as people on the other end think I'm shouting.

The case from my G4 did not work for my G5. The G5 is a bit thicker then the G4, so it extended above the bumper edges of the case, plus they reversed the volume and power controls, so the holes on the case were in the wrong spot, and the case caused both to depress, booting the phone into the factory reset console. I got a case and screen protector at Edmonton City Centre at Mobilinq, as I didn't want to wait for a mail order, and they were the only ones in town with stock for the G5. They have shops in Edmonton, Toronto, Vancouver, and Victoria.
Pokemon Go is still a thing?

I thought that most of the player base was killed off by walking into traffic, or being beat-up while trying to "catch them all" when trespassing on private property .
Jan 18, 2007
679 posts
307 upvotes
Edmonton
Woah! wrote: Pokemon Go is still a thing?

I thought that most of the player base was killed off by walking into traffic, or being beat-up while trying to "catch them all" in peoples backyards.
Yup, not as popular as it once was, but there's still people playing it, especially since they introduced raids. When a new legendary comes out for a tier 5 Raid, I've seen thirty people gathered together. I've seen more show up for an Ex Raid, but those are considerably rarer to come by. And the Harry Potter catch-em-all style AR game from the same developer will likely get more people out and about when it is released.
Ustauk,
Edmonton, Alberta
Deal Addict
May 2, 2011
1550 posts
1130 upvotes
Toronto
redkulat wrote: Should I get the G5 or the Kodak Ektra which is back in stock?

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... ?KBID=2572

Its not for me, its for my mom. The Kodak one seems great for pictures and has more ram + bigger battery. However they arent upgrading the Kodak Ektra to Nougat.

I would get the G5 if it's for my mom. The Kodak phone is not made by Kodak it's a Chinese company licensing the name. The specs are better on the Kodak but it will likely never get updates including security updates.

Moto has better reliability and it will get important security patches the Kodak will never get.
Banned
Sep 1, 2014
26 posts
9 upvotes
Calgary
drtmrcht
Feb 20th, 2018 8:43 am

Thanks OP! bought one in Calgary last night.. it's charging as we speak.
=

Where did you get it? Tried calling almost all branches and was not there's no stock. Thanks