• Apr 21st, 2017 6:59 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2003
9953 posts
358 upvotes
Moncton, NB

PC Mobile FLEX data

My buddy sent me this plan to look at... we can't figure out if there's a catch.

Unlimited Nationwide Talk & Text, Plus
-Unlimited International Text Messaging
-Unlimited International Picture and Video Messaging
-Call Display, Voice Mail, Call Waiting, Call Forwarding and Conference Calling
$44 /month

Plus:
$0 with the Regular device option
*$8 with the Super device option
$6 when you bring your own phone to PC mobile

*The $8 Device Contribution Fee will appear under the Other Charges and Credits section of your monthly invoice. Fee will be removed from your bill once your 24-month term elapses, or sooner if you decide to upgrade your device before the end of your term and payoff your device balance early.

Data Flex option
0$ no data used
3$ up to 500 MB
6$ up to 1 GB
12$ up to 2 GB
18$ up to 3GB
24$ up to 4GB
34$ up to 5GB

If you bring your own phone, you start at 38$ a month then add your data. But unlike the other providers, you pay for what you use.

This may not beat some of the small providers in the big cities but I know in the East this is by and far the best options. On Rogers with a corporate plan I pay over 80$ a month when probably 75-90% of my data goes to waste for 8 out of 12 months a year. I pay for 5GB to hotspot on summer vacation so a plan with flex data seems pretty sweet

Any here on PC Mobile who can provide feedback on their quality? Judging by the coverage map, it's definitely a BELL leased service.
KitKat item collector- always looking for swag or branded items.
9 replies
May 11, 2006
66 posts
24 upvotes
Its working off of telus and it is a lease. The bad thing about this is data does not carry over, so if you go even a smidgen over, you'll get charged the next tier and then it'll reset (had this happen enough times).

The worker who helped me out at one store got me the sim card for free and activation was free.. I'll suggest you start with PC and then keep an eye out on public mobile when they have a better deal (what I did oct/nov 2016).
Public Mobile is owned by Telus and it appears to have a tiny bit better service because of it.

IMO, PC Mobiles website is terrible and they overcharged me several times.. usually $1-$3, so found that annoying to have to follow up on.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
2645 posts
1377 upvotes
Markham
Isn't PM actually better deal?
May 20, 2009
813 posts
284 upvotes
Mississauga
X24Secret wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 8:12 am
Isn't PM actually better deal?
both PM and Zoomer are much better deals...
Public $38/30d,provincial,4gb data,unltd everything* (paid <$30 w rewards)
Zoomer $36/mo,Canada,2gb data,unltd everything*, free GR5 w 2yr contract
Carrytel cable internet, 100m unltd, $40/30d
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2003
9953 posts
358 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Public Mobile isn't a flex plan though right? Looking at the site for a 30 day plan it's not great but if you do a 90 day plan it might be cheaper.
Jan 17, 2016
318 posts
242 upvotes
Mississauga
This is their normal rate for years.
Also to compare the price:
For the same cost you will get no data with national call here vs 2Gb data with provincial call from PM
For the same plan content(2Gb+National call), PM costs $43 and PC costs $50

All the PM prices I compared here are 90 days plan/3. PM is not flex data, but 90 days plan gives you a 3 months period of "carry over" for the data you did not use in previous month(s).
Last edited by XiaohanJ117 on Apr 20th, 2017 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Using Freedom Mobile $32.5 8Gb+1Gb Roaming (CAN & US) with outright iPhone 8
Feb 7, 2017
15 posts
10 upvotes
Been using PC Mobile for years, it's much better than Rogers/Fido in terms of call quality that's for sure!!!! Not sure about Bell though.
May 11, 2006
66 posts
24 upvotes
PM had their deal from Oct-Nov last year.. 12GB Data, unlimited text, province wide calling for $120 for 3 months.
I switched from PCM to PM for this deal and its been worth it.
For long distance out of the province, I've added some minutes that do not expire (keep rolling over)

This deal averages out to be $40 a month for 4GB. I would say take something that doesnt hold you down and wait until another deal comes by and then hop on.
I originally bought an S6 off of ebay for about $400 last May to go onto PCM. I wasnt stuck to any term since I owned my phone and was free to move to PM when I found out about that deal.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2003
9953 posts
358 upvotes
Moncton, NB
My deal was so bad they moved it into the shopping discussion?! Disappointed But Relieved Face I guess that explains why it wasn't posted.

Out East we don't have many options but it does seem that we do have Public Mobile. I'm going to sign up and wait a deal so I can transfer from Rogers.
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
12430 posts
4029 upvotes
Oakville
Feneant wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 1:57 pm
My deal was so bad they moved it into the shopping discussion?! Disappointed But Relieved Face I guess that explains why it wasn't posted.
From what I understand this is their regular price (and has been for a while), no special deal or anything. Hence not really a "hot deal".

But yeah, if PM ever does another 4gb promo, jump on it. I've been extremely happy with it.
Public Mobile