Cell Phones

PC Mobile: Unlimited Web Browsing $7/Month - Including SmartPhones

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2016 12:35 pm
Jul 8, 2009
166 posts
18 upvotes
Newmarket
One thing that still applies is that is that it is just browsing, apps might not work.
nice if you don't care about apps though.
Jul 8, 2009
166 posts
18 upvotes
Newmarket
nishant3112 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2011 1:54 pm
have u tried their service?

from what I've read, it is 3g, BUT and this could be a big thing to certain people it will only work to apps that will accept the proxy.

a small subset will also work (like gmail) due to the fact it is included
push notifications will also not work. I'l update this post as I get info.
[OP]
Sep 1, 2008
42 posts
3 upvotes
Brainy142 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2011 2:10 pm
from what I've read, it is 3g, BUT and this could be a big thing to certain people it will only work to apps that will accept the proxy.

a small subset will also work (like gmail) due to the fact it is included
push notifications will also not work. I'l update this post as I get info.
i dont get by what u said it could work for certain ppl..? is internet browsing limited to certain providers..? well in any case no harm in trying as there is no contract as such and max u will be losing 25$ for 1 month subs
[OP]
Sep 1, 2008
42 posts
3 upvotes
Brainy142 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2011 2:08 pm
One thing that still applies is that is that it is just browsing, apps might not work.
nice if you don't care about apps though.

what kind of apps are you talking about..?
Jul 8, 2009
166 posts
18 upvotes
Newmarket
Settings required (you must set up the proxy)

Apn: goam.com
Username: wapuser1
Password: wap
Proxy IP: 208.200.067.150
Port: 80

Proxy IP: 172.025.000.107

Proxy IP: 10.128.1.69
Jul 8, 2009
166 posts
18 upvotes
Newmarket
nishant3112 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2011 2:16 pm
what kind of apps are you talking about..?

let me elaborate, for you to be able to access the "web browsing" your data MUST go through a proxy.
since most apps don't use the proxy (on the iphone) it's iffy, I don't know about android, but I know windows mobile (6) should use the proxy universally.
Jul 8, 2009
166 posts
18 upvotes
Newmarket
if anyone is interested in how to change the settings on an iphone I'l go ahead and copy the instructions from the forum.
[OP]
Sep 1, 2008
42 posts
3 upvotes
Brainy142 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2011 2:18 pm
let me elaborate, for you to be able to access the "web browsing" your data MUST go through a proxy.
since most apps don't use the proxy (on the iphone) it's iffy, I don't know about android, but I know windows mobile (6) should use the proxy universally.

would I have to use the proxy settings for my BB..? to work on PC mobile?
Jul 8, 2009
166 posts
18 upvotes
Newmarket
nishant3112 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2011 2:25 pm
would I have to use the proxy settings for my BB..? to work on PC mobile?

probably, as if your access without using the proxy it will fail, I'm reading some pages back trying to get info.
Jul 8, 2009
166 posts
18 upvotes
Newmarket
a quick list for iphone users (quoted from a forum and seems consistent with reports)

"Safari plus any browser I've tried with the exception of Omni
-680 News, FOX News, CNN News (Video works too)
-Weather apps (all of them)
-Maps
-Navigon GPS
-Yahoo Messenger
-Twitter (Twitter App, Tweetie, and Echophon)
-YouTube (Only workis on videos under 2 minutes in length)
reasoning apperently being due to the fact it wants to buffer it and it exceeds the limit (I don't know it).
-App Store (Only able to download apps under 2MB)"
--magicwater (op)
linky: http://www.speakoutwireless.ca/speak/te ... t/page-18/
as I said it's wonky, some people are getting great speeds, others.... not so much
someone was downloading a podcast that was over 100mb somehow I have no idea how but they apparently did.
Jul 8, 2009
166 posts
18 upvotes
Newmarket
there is a 72 hour grace period so if you want to test and you don't like it you can cancel and not pay the fee for the brower.

simply put: If you just want to browse the web, it should work fine, video is iffy, apps are iffy, if you think you can live with the restrictions it's worth a shot.
[OP]
Sep 1, 2008
42 posts
3 upvotes
Brainy142 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2011 2:27 pm
probably, as if your access without using the proxy it will fail, I'm reading some pages back trying to get info.
great..let me know...so the proxy settings u just mentioned above..does it work for BB? would the customer service at PC be able to provide me the settings once I activate my phone?
[OP]
Sep 1, 2008
42 posts
3 upvotes
Brainy142 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2011 2:34 pm
there is a 72 hour grace period so if you want to test and you don't like it you can cancel and not pay the fee.
which provider are u taking about?
Jul 8, 2009
166 posts
18 upvotes
Newmarket
nishant3112 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2011 2:36 pm
which provider are u taking about?

Speakout (same network same company) , you will need to figure how to enter the settings on your own (I don't believe the reps can support unofficial devices). make sure to confirm the grace period also applies, the BB would have to be unlocked I believe. I'l take a look and see if I can find out how to do it on a BB.
× < >