• Sep 12th, 2017 10:14 am
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1585 posts
302 upvotes
Gatineau
Jimboski wrote:
Aug 7th, 2012 7:51 pm
I might have paid more since I was interested.. Although I wouldn't have gotten the money right away, Maybe next pay check or whatever.
I didn't want to tell you because I couldn't really guarantee anything.. But when I checked back the deal was already pending!

I honestly feel dumb for not PM'ing you and what not..

Hopefully there are more people who have It and Is willing to sell also!
do you need that much data? speakout w droidvpn is not enough? LOL
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
44299 posts
3276 upvotes
Toronto
kwanyeung20 wrote:
Aug 7th, 2012 8:06 pm
do you need that much data? speakout w droidvpn is not enough? LOL
It's a battery drain!
Plus If I got the PC UMB I would be able to make calls using Dell Voice quite easily since the speeds are quite beastly.. Not sure about DroidVPN because of the 2MB limit?

People who also have PC UMB come out, I'll buy It off you!
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2007
2308 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
Jimboski wrote:
Aug 7th, 2012 7:51 pm
I might have paid more since I was interested.. Although I wouldn't have gotten the money right away, Maybe next pay check or whatever.
I didn't want to tell you because I couldn't really guarantee anything.. But when I checked back the deal was already pending!

I honestly feel dumb for not PM'ing you and what not..

Hopefully there are more people who have It and Is willing to sell also!
Damn that doesn't make me feel any better...
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
44299 posts
3276 upvotes
Toronto
Musiq Soulchild wrote:
Aug 7th, 2012 8:15 pm
Damn that doesn't make me feel any better...
You made the right call, Although It wouldn't have hurt to follow up with me If you have a pending deal because you KNOW I was interested!
Even If you did PM me I wouldn't have had the money right away also It wouldn't have been guaranteed that I would have bought It but I was REALLY interested..
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1585 posts
302 upvotes
Gatineau
Jimboski wrote:
Aug 7th, 2012 8:12 pm
It's a battery drain!
Plus If I got the PC UMB I would be able to make calls using Dell Voice quite easily since the speeds are quite beastly.. Not sure about DroidVPN because of the 2MB limit?

People who also have PC UMB come out, I'll buy It off you!
wait what 2MB limit? isnt it 100MB? I personally make calls using Vonage and it works pretty good; however, you won't have a # though

Idk for $500 I would rather pay the extra battery and vpn yearly subscription... o well!
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
44299 posts
3276 upvotes
Toronto
kwanyeung20 wrote:
Aug 7th, 2012 8:30 pm
wait what 2MB limit? isnt it 100MB? I personally make calls using Vonage and it works pretty good; however, you won't have a # though

Idk for $500 I would rather pay the extra battery and vpn yearly subscription... o well!
I swear I recall reading something about 2MB limit.. Hmmm..
Yeah that's cheaper I guess but over time It'll become more expensive then paying $500 then 25c/day!
The VPN Isn't really that reliable also.. As the speeds aren't that fast compared to PC UMB which Is like 15 MBPS Down and what not!
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1585 posts
302 upvotes
Gatineau
Jimboski wrote:
Aug 7th, 2012 8:33 pm
I swear I recall reading something about 2MB limit.. Hmmm..
Yeah that's cheaper I guess but over time It'll become more expensive then paying $500 then 25c/day!
2MB limit is for the paying server... if you want you can just setup openvpn for around $35 dollars per year then you wont have limit on your vpn... or you can just subscribe droidvpn for $4 dollars per month?

so $500 would last you at least over 10 yrs! Also! If you have taken any finance course or class you should know inflation! so $500 today will be worth maybe $700 after 10 yrs! better to invest it than to spend it! paying yearly is a better choice!
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
44299 posts
3276 upvotes
Toronto
kwanyeung20 wrote:
Aug 7th, 2012 8:37 pm
2MB limit is for the paying server... if you want you can just setup openvpn for around $35 dollars per year then you wont have limit on your vpn... or you can just subscribe droidvpn for $4 dollars per month?

so $500 would last you at least over 10 yrs! Also! If you have taken any finance course or class you should know inflation! so $500 today will be worth maybe $700 after 10 yrs! better to invest it than to spend it! paying yearly is a better choice!
Wouldn't that also mean If I pay for something @ $500 that the value would go up!? More retro = more money!
I'm still confused about what you said.. DroidVPN does It come with 100 MB limit? Is that the FREE OPTION? Or Is the 100MB the paid option?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1585 posts
302 upvotes
Gatineau
Jimboski wrote:
Aug 7th, 2012 8:50 pm
Wouldn't that also mean If I pay for something @ $500 that the value would go up!? More retro = more money!
I'm still confused about what you said.. DroidVPN does It come with 100 MB limit? Is that the FREE OPTION? Or Is the 100MB the paid option?
Lol I don't think the VPN service will inflate... as the equipment is becoming better n better! So you should just pay yearly and invest ur money elsewhere

DroidVpn:
Free - 100MB limit on 2 free servers, 2MB limit on premium servers
Paid - Unlimited on any servers
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
44299 posts
3276 upvotes
Toronto
kwanyeung20 wrote:
Aug 7th, 2012 9:05 pm
Lol I don't think the VPN service will inflate... as the equipment is becoming better n better! So you should just pay yearly and invest ur money elsewhere

DroidVpn:
Free - 100MB limit on 2 free servers, 2MB limit on premium servers
Paid - Unlimited on any servers
Free servers? I select the Canadian one. Is that the wrong one? LOL.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1585 posts
302 upvotes
Gatineau
Jimboski wrote:
Aug 7th, 2012 9:06 pm
Free servers? I select the Canadian one. Is that the wrong one? LOL.
Lol yep, that's the premium server
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
41473 posts
10178 upvotes
Anyone selling their PC mobile with unlimited web browsing? What kind of evidence can be presented to show the plan is on unlimited web browsing?

Is the grandfathered plan still alive and how easy can Bell cut these grandfathered PC mobile users? At $7 and because PC is a MVNO, wouldn't Bell be making even less money each month?
Aug 9, 2007
426 posts
141 upvotes
I'm not selling mine, but if you go to mselfserv.ca/pc/rateplan.htm over 3G, it shows "per day unlimited Internet Browser" feature active.

I guess they could cut it any time, but until then, it's $7/month!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 28, 2010
9923 posts
2351 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
tsuda wrote:
Sep 6th, 2012 2:49 pm
I'm not selling mine, but if you go to mselfserv.ca/pc/rateplan.htm over 3G, it shows "per day unlimited Internet Browser" feature active.

I guess they could cut it any time, but until then, it's $7/month!
Really, it's still available? Weird.
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada