Shopping Discussion

Locked: PC Optimum Discussion Thread (formerly PC Plus)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2019 9:14 am
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
8632 posts
1959 upvotes
London
I got an interesting one today... in my weekly offers, I have the same item, twice, with different points... one at $1/100 and another at $1/300.
Since other offers stack, I'm assuming this one will as well. Off to the store to see what happens, lol.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
2415 posts
818 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know how and when pc points kick in for using reusable bags?
Apr 5, 2003
749 posts
129 upvotes
White Rock, BC
Pretty bummed about this whole click and collect thing. I spent over an hour tonight making a large order ($250+) online. I go through the entire process and when I press the Place order button it keeps asking me to select a time. I select one and press the Place order again but it just asks to select a time again. WTF??? We called all of their help lines but they've gone home for the night. BRUTAL! Now I will have to go into the store and spend another 1.5 hours getting all of this stuff. I spent the time doing this tonight because I don't have time tomorrow to go shopping.

Seriously you get me all the way through the system and the one place you fail is the very last step of confirming the order?? That's pretty bad business.
May 28, 2012
9997 posts
2167 upvotes
Saskatoon
beachlover wrote:
Feb 20th, 2016 3:07 pm
Does anyone know how and when pc points kick in for using reusable bags?
I think you have to be using either a PC debit or PC MC...pretty sure that PC Plus members don't get this bag credit.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
14596 posts
6999 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Mars2012 wrote:
Feb 21st, 2016 12:54 am
I think you have to be using either a PC debit or PC MC...pretty sure that PC Plus members don't get this bag credit.
You also need to make sure the cashier has entered all the correct transactions and codes for every bag you didn't use. Some will do that without asking. Some will do it only if asked. And some won't know what to do (or feign it) when you ask.

You then have to check your receipt to make sure they did as you asked, and then check your online PC points transaction log to ensure that the points eventually got credited to your account. If that doesn't happen in due course then you have to dig out your receipts and make a points enquiry, then wait for a response.

All that for a lousy 1¢ or 2¢ per bag :rolleyes:
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
15338 posts
5612 upvotes
bylo wrote:
Feb 21st, 2016 1:49 pm
You also need to make sure the cashier has entered all the correct transactions and codes for every bag you didn't use. Some will do that without asking. Some will do it only if asked. And some won't know what to do (or feign it) when you ask.

You then have to check your receipt to make sure they did as you asked, and then check your online PC points transaction log to ensure that the points eventually got credited to your account. If that doesn't happen in due course then you have to dig out your receipts and make a points enquiry, then wait for a response.

All that for a lousy 1¢ or 2¢ per bag :rolleyes:
You could just tell the cashier how many bags you have, then trust they will punch it in properly since it is only a penny or two a bag. Why on earth would you follow up on a transaction difference on $0.05 is beyond me - if it takes you a minute to complain (that's being generous) then you are valuing your time at $3/hr. Might as well join a couple of those reputable survey sites and make more than that.

No need to make a mountain out of a molehill.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
14596 posts
6999 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
TrevorK wrote:
Feb 21st, 2016 2:15 pm
No need to make a mountain out of a molehill.
Hmmm... what part of my sarcastic "All that for a lousy 1¢ or 2¢ per bag :rolleyes: " is our poor TrollerK struggling so hard to comprehend?
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
15338 posts
5612 upvotes
bylo wrote:
Feb 21st, 2016 2:30 pm
Hmmm... what part of my sarcastic "All that for a lousy 1¢ or 2¢ per bag :rolleyes: " is our poor TrollerK struggling so hard to comprehend?
What part of "No need to make a mountain out of a molehill" does our resident complainer not understand?

You take whatever opportunity you can to try and poke at things in a negative light that you yourself use on a regular basis (so hey, can't be all that bad). Time to get rid of that negative attitude, it'll help you a lot in your life and make you much more enjoyable to be around.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
14596 posts
6999 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
TrevorK wrote:
Feb 21st, 2016 2:36 pm
You take whatever opportunity you can to try and poke at things in a negative light
I try to point out some of the downsides of PC Points so as to save others the hassle of learning them the hard way as I once did. If you don't like the "negative light" then turn it off and live in the dark. It's called the Ignore List.
that you yourself use on a regular basis

Wrong againas usual. I don't use the PC Points bag rebate. I tried and gave up in frustration.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
15338 posts
5612 upvotes
bylo wrote:
Feb 21st, 2016 2:54 pm
I try to point out some of the downsides of PC Points so as to save others the hassle of learning them the hard way as I once did. If you don't like the "negative light" then turn it off and live in the dark. It's called the Ignore List.
I really do not want to ignore you - I think your posts are very insightful on how to be a negative nancy and someone needs to provide a little bit of realism and balance to them so that people do not think PC Plus is some horrible program that no one benefits from. Reading through your posts is enough to scare most people away, yet it's an amazing program. My store had a sign at their tills, in the past year their store gave away over $1,500,000 in PC Points. Yet you never see anything positive about it...
Wrong againas usual. I don't use the PC Points bag rebate. I tried and gave up in frustration.
As usual, you do not see the big picture and live in your own sheltered world. I was referring to the PC Points program, which you continually knock yet repeatedly use. Sorry, I really didn't think I would have to point that out to you but I guess I did...
Jul 10, 2008
727 posts
124 upvotes
In my Fresh Meat offer it states includes Boxed Meat. Anybody know what products that would be?
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
15338 posts
5612 upvotes
greenman456 wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2016 9:11 pm
In my Fresh Meat offer it states includes Boxed Meat. Anybody know what products that would be?
The only boxes of meat I have seen in my RCSS are the "Butcher's Box" - a box of meat that contains various BBQ cuts: steaks, ribs, etc. It's a pretty big box of meat.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
3975 posts
608 upvotes
Richmond
I bought boxed frozen chicken breasts and it counted
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
1551 posts
773 upvotes
Chickens can swim?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
3975 posts
608 upvotes
Richmond
Lol whoops stupid autocorrect

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)