Shopping Discussion

Locked: PC Optimum Discussion Thread (formerly PC Plus)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2019 9:14 am
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2750 upvotes
ON
Apparently 'fresh beef' also applies to frozen burgers.
I had an offer for frozen boxed meat and bought a box of burgers and got both that and the fresh beef points.
Unfortunately, I wanted to use the fresh beef one another day, but at least I know for future.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1062 posts
857 upvotes
GTA
aqnd wrote: Apparently 'fresh beef' also applies to frozen burgers.
I had an offer for frozen boxed meat and bought a box of burgers and got both that and the fresh beef points.
Unfortunately, I wanted to use the fresh beef one another day, but at least I know for future.
Maybe that speaks to the quality of the fresh beef. Which store do you shop at? /wink
Jul 4, 2005
778 posts
63 upvotes
Ontario
jmc0 wrote: I previously was able to just use my PCF debit card at the cash register to redeem my discount. I do not have a smart phone, So what is the procedure (after Nov 1) for me?
Do I first follow pcplus.ca/register to register-link my pcf debit card, then they will send me a physical PC Plus card to use at the store? Or what is the process?
https://www.pcfinancial.ca/m/english/info/

How do I continue to earn and redeem PC® points?

As of November 1, 2017, you will no longer earn and redeem PC® points for using your PC Financial debit card or earn for the first payroll or pension direct deposit to your bank account as a CIBC banking customer. You can continue to earn and redeem your points with a PC Financial Mastercard or by joining the PC Plus® program and registering your current PC Financial debit card.

To register:

1) Visit pcplus.ca/register

OR

2) Download the app on the App Store or Google Play Store

Be sure to enter the last four digits of your current PC Financial debit card to link your existing PC® points to your new PC Plus account.

*(The physical PC Plus Card can be picked up in store at the cash register).
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2015
2670 posts
2789 upvotes
Montreal, QC
QC flyer has 2,000 pts for every $20 spent on vegetable this week
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7949 posts
3608 upvotes
Flash offer, Real Canadian Superstore, Wednesday October 25, 15,000 pts. when you spend $30 or more on Halloween costumes and decor.
Sep 21, 2017
483 posts
502 upvotes
Vancouver
Kiraly wrote: Have the "We think you'll like" offers been discontinued? This is the fourth week in a row that I didn't get any of those.
No I've still been getting them. got 3 this week. but last week I had none so I have idea how they decide them.
3000pts for every $10 on softsoap
1000pts for every $3 on PC natural spring water (24x500ml)
3000pts for every $10 on black label products

I get the black label offer pretty often but I've never bought anything from that brand. I guess they just really want to push their own products.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
4391 posts
1504 upvotes
QC
Kiraly wrote: Have the "We think you'll like" offers been discontinued? This is the fourth week in a row that I didn't get any of those.
I'm starting to see a lot of those lately. I have 4 this week.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
18944 posts
10526 upvotes
I have for at least the past couple weeks that I remember.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1062 posts
857 upvotes
GTA
funcanuck wrote: I get the black label offer pretty often but I've never bought anything from that brand. I guess they just really want to push their own products.
The black label products seem like they may be relatively high-margin, in which case they'd want to push them, especially when there's no real cost to doing so via offers.
Dec 28, 2007
791 posts
593 upvotes
Alberta
I have the same one 3 weeks in a row. 5000 pts for buying $40 in fuel. I never buy gas at the RCSS.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27801 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Don't have any this week :-(

Seems they are a lot more random in the last 2 months, rather than something seen consistently.

On the other hand, maybe they are just pushing most stuff under the one heading: JUST FOR YOU

Cause that category now seems to contain BOTH items we buy regularly as well as SUGGESTIONS for purchase
(like Dove products this week... Never have we bought Dove / Dove for Men at the Grocery Store)

The BIG BONUS for us this week is a Spend $ X and get Y Points (ie $ 100 = 10,000 points) ... Been awhile since we got one of those.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29708 posts
29127 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
PointsHubby wrote: The BIG BONUS for us this week is a Spend $ X and get Y Points (ie $ 100 = 10,000 points) ... Been awhile since we got one of those.
I got one too. Last week I spent about double what I normally spend. I assume this offer is intended to encourage me to do a repeat.

---

On a different topic, a general question: Suppose two people each have individual PCF WE MCs and individual PC Plus accounts. Each PC Plus account has well over 100,000 points balance. If we want to buy a big-ticket item like a TV presumably we could merge the two accounts and apply the combined points towards a single purchase.
Is there any way to "unmerge" the PC Plus accounts afterwards?
Alternatively, if we leave the two accounts merged and linked to both MCs, will purchases on both cards contribute to the same PC Plus account?
veni, vidi, Visa
Oct 28, 2017
9 posts
6 upvotes
Vancouver
bylo wrote: I got one too. Last week I spent about double what I normally spend. I assume this offer is intended to encourage me to do a repeat.

---

On a different topic, a general question: Suppose two people each have individual PCF WE MCs and individual PC Plus accounts. Each PC Plus account has well over 100,000 points balance. If we want to buy a big-ticket item like a TV presumably we could merge the two accounts and apply the combined points towards a single purchase.
Is there any way to "unmerge" the PC Plus accounts afterwards?
Alternatively, if we leave the two accounts merged and linked to both MCs, will purchases on both cards contribute to the same PC Plus account?
I don't believe you would be able to unmerge the two cards; deleting one of the cards from your pcplus account will leave it with a 0 point balance I believe.
And yes, purchases made on both cards will contribute to the same account :)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2006
6494 posts
2490 upvotes
Ontario
aqnd wrote: Apparently 'fresh beef' also applies to frozen burgers.
Interesting. Tried the same with PC Burgers but didn't work.

Did you buy No Name boxed burgers?
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay, AF $0
MBNA RWE 5.4% grocery/resto
Bank: EQ (1.5%)
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2750 upvotes
ON
minimalist wrote: Interesting. Tried the same with PC Burgers but didn't work.

Did you buy No Name boxed burgers?
It was the ones that come in a bag, frozen.
These ones, but at no frills.
https://www.realcanadiansuperstore.ca/F ... 0874333_EA

They might have already fixed the error, or maybe it's just that specific brand/format
Deal Fanatic
Feb 1, 2006
6494 posts
2490 upvotes
Ontario
aqnd wrote: It was the ones that come in a bag, frozen.
These ones, but at no frills.
https://www.realcanadiansuperstore.ca/F ... 0874333_EA

They might have already fixed the error, or maybe it's just that specific brand/format
Butcher's Choice frozen burgers in a bag?
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay, AF $0
MBNA RWE 5.4% grocery/resto
Bank: EQ (1.5%)
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
12993 posts
8360 upvotes
minimalist wrote: Butcher's Choice frozen burgers in a bag?
that is a Loblaws brand
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2750 upvotes
ON
minimalist wrote: Butcher's Choice frozen burgers in a bag?
lecale wrote: that is a Loblaws brand
Yes. They're basically no name/PC brand burgers.
Oct 30, 2017
27 posts
8 upvotes
Hey does anyone know what would happen If someone bought an expensive item; lets say a TV, at superstore using PC points and refunded it? Does the value go back to points or does it get transferred to what ever form of payment you made up the difference with?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)