Shopping Discussion

Locked: PC Optimum Discussion Thread (formerly PC Plus)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2019 9:14 am
Deal Fanatic
Jun 28, 2003
9833 posts
2969 upvotes
Ottawa
For the secret questions and answers, I always emailed them to my email account and file them under a particular folder. Easily searchable and retrievable anywhere and anytime I need to. I have pretty good memory, although it is fading with age, but let's face it, we can't remember all those questions and answers, for different sites.

Now it is possible my email may be hacked and this information will be compromised but I got bigger issues to worry about then, rather than simply losing PC Plus Points :)
[removed]
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
12432 posts
2651 upvotes
Markham
Went to two PCPlus stores tonight to grab a few things. Oddly, at both stores some of my PC Points offers showed up on receipt and others did not (no points received).

Wish I didn't have to watch like a hawk...seems to happen fairly often, despite always reading the fine print, details, etc.
Jul 10, 2008
737 posts
135 upvotes
Got additional bonus offers today:
For every $10 spent on PC Black Label Collection, all PC Black Label Products, Any Size. 3,000 pts.

For every $10 spent on SoftSoap Products, Valid on all Softsoap products, all sizes and varieties 3,500 pts. That's 35% in pts.
1226 wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2017 12:50 pm
I got one a couple weeks ago. 10K points for every $50
I did not get that one but I got the Spend X Amount 2 weeks ago as well.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28431 posts
1205 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
canabiz wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2017 8:52 pm
... I got bigger issues to worry about then, rather than simply losing PC Plus Points :)
Exactly...First and Foremost, securing your RFD log in! haha
PayTM - $70
PC OPT: $3953 Ebates: $59.70
100%+ BST & Heatware Est. 2005
Kijiji & FB Marketplace trash are what put a smile on my face each day
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1730 posts
759 upvotes
Calgary
Ottomaddox wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2017 6:25 pm
A longer password field means I can use a phrase instead of meaningless gibberish I'll have to write down to remember.
Absolutely. Though a phrase starts to get into dictionary territory, but four random words is good.

But my point is that from a security perspective, a longer password adds as close to 0% improvement to your overall security. Something like Tangerine's 6 character, number only password is easy to remember and perfectly secure. And on the backend, Tangerine can increase the size of the salt to 32 characters or even 100 characters providing all the value of long passwords without the user needing to know one.

Longer password length is advice from 10 years ago when websites just hashed passwords and were vulnerable to rainbow tables.
Indexer, non-yield chasing, low cost, broad based, as simple as possible investor.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
2491 posts
474 upvotes
Has anyone been able to login using the Android app since the password reset? I keep getting can't connect to server messages.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
8814 posts
2216 upvotes
London
greenman456 wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2017 9:44 pm
Got additional bonus offers today:
For every $10 spent on PC Black Label Collection, all PC Black Label Products, Any Size. 3,000 pts.
I could make a fortune in pc points if this was for Johnny walker black label instead.
Jul 10, 2008
737 posts
135 upvotes
shutterbug wrote:
Feb 24th, 2017 5:51 pm
Has anyone been able to login using the Android app since the password reset? I keep getting can't connect to server messages.
Yes I have used the app several times after changing the password. Have not been today however.
Ottomaddox wrote:
Feb 24th, 2017 6:02 pm
I could make a fortune in pc points if this was for Johnny walker black label instead.
I swear I did not think that when I saw it...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
8814 posts
2216 upvotes
London
greenman456 wrote:
Feb 24th, 2017 8:49 pm
I swear I did not think that when I saw it...
Shoot, if I could get the PC points I might even drink Carling Black Label.
Jul 10, 2008
737 posts
135 upvotes
Ottomaddox wrote:
Feb 24th, 2017 9:22 pm
Shoot, if I could get the PC points I might even drink Carling Black Label.
So RCSS does not sell hard liquor? Starting to worry about you thou.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
12432 posts
2651 upvotes
Markham
Okay so a question for anyone with a household with more than 1 PCPlus account.

I've got PCPlus tied to my PC WE Mastercard and today my wife signed up for her own PCPlus account.

I've noticed online that there is the option to add additional PCPlus accounts under one umbrella on my account, so that in theory, all of the points would be earned under my account. My question is if I do this, will she begin to get the same offers as me instead of getting her own offers each week?

Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2008
5764 posts
2354 upvotes
RolandCouch wrote:
Feb 26th, 2017 4:02 pm
Okay so a question for anyone with a household with more than 1 PCPlus account.

I've got PCPlus tied to my PC WE Mastercard and today my wife signed up for her own PCPlus account.

I've noticed online that there is the option to add additional PCPlus accounts under one umbrella on my account, so that in theory, all of the points would be earned under my account. My question is if I do this, will she begin to get the same offers as me instead of getting her own offers each week?

Thanks
If you collect points together, you get the same offers. If you keep 'em separate, you will get a little variety.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
12432 posts
2651 upvotes
Markham
lecale wrote:
Feb 26th, 2017 7:11 pm
If you collect points together, you get the same offers. If you keep 'em separate, you will get a little variety.
Thanks! In that case I will keep our points accumulating separately.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2008
1592 posts
214 upvotes
Winnipeg
Not able to redeem pc points for gift cards now. Not sure if this is permanent.