Shopping Discussion

Locked: PC Optimum Discussion Thread (formerly PC Plus)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2019 9:14 am
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
12993 posts
8360 upvotes
dmdsoftware2 wrote: I have no idea what you mean by 100 or more.
Say you have 200 pts per $1 on cheese and you buy $100 worth of cheese. You'd expect to get 20,000 pts but you will get 19,800 because the system maxes out at 99X the offer. To get the last 200 pts you have to go through customer service.
May 13, 2017
95 posts
157 upvotes
Ontario
RolandCouch wrote: Thanks. Tried to buy a TV there today....what a train wreck. I gave up.
Could you share your experience please?
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27803 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
lecale wrote: Say you have 200 pts per $1 on cheese and you buy $100 worth of cheese. You'd expect to get 20,000 pts but you will get 19,800 because the system maxes out at 99X the offer. To get the last 200 pts you have to go through customer service.
Yup... And that is inputting.

If you try to do any sort of refund (points or not) things tend to freeze up at $ 100

Last year we bought quite a few items around Christmas on one shopping trip (Joe Fresh Sale).. And after getting them home & looking at them more closely / trying some on, made the decision to return a few as they weren't up to par as a present... Those items came to just over $ 100. When we were going thru the refund process, the CSR Cash froze the clerk out at $ 100, she had to call a Mgr to "key in" so as to continue the refund.

The magic number on the cash is 100.

Be it 100x an item, 100x the points, or $ 100 refund.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29130 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Doesn't do much for us because joefresh clothes don't fit, but perhaps a deal for others. Via email from PC Plus:
Get fresh for fall with an exclusive PC Plus® offer from Joe Fresh. From now until November 15th, you’ll earn 20,000 bonus PC® points when you spend $80 or more in select stores and online* at JoeFresh.com—that’s $20 in rewards! Plus, you’ll qualify for free shipping on your order.**

Here is how to get this offer online:
• Create or sign in to your Joe Fresh account on your desktop or mobile browser (linking of your PC Plus® Account is not currently supported on the Joe Fresh App).
• Under Account Settings or in your Cart, enter your PC Plus® Account email and password to link your account.
• Spend $80 or more before taxes and after discounts. Your points will be applied to your account within a few days of your order's shipment.

Happy Shopping!

*The “PC Plus offer” (the “offer”) is valid online at www.joefresh.com/ca and at any participating store locations. Spend $80 or more in a single transaction before applicable taxes and shipping fees and you will earn 20,000 points. To redeem the offer, you must link your PC Plus account on your desktop or mobile browser. Offer is not redeemable for cash and cannot be applied to previous purchases. Offer valid from November 10, 2017 at 12:01 AM EST to November 16th, 2017 at 4:00 AM EST. Offer valid in Canada only. We reserve the right to cancel any order due to unauthorized, altered, or ineligible use of discount and to modify or cancel these promotions due to system error or unforeseen problems. We are not obligated to award points based on errors or misprints.

**“Free Shipping” is valid on all orders over $50 before taxes and after discounts online at www.joefresh.com/ca. The offer applies to standard shipping orders only. No code required. Not valid for cash. Cannot be applied to previous purchases.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
2354 posts
1998 upvotes
Halifax
I am trying to understand how "targeted" these offers are :

Did any else receive an email/ bonus offers on INSIDERS products yesterday :
LIke the dry rubbed smoked PC wings or an antipasto package ?

I don't remember getting these Bonus offers before...
I know this is the time of year where they really promote their new Insiders products.

Typically they are pretty good - I am signed up for an Insiders cooking class so I did not know if that was the reason - of if it was a general mail out.
A fan of RFD
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2841 posts
3452 upvotes
Toronto
rdiamond1 wrote: I am trying to understand how "targeted" these offers are :

I know this is the time of year where they really promote their new Insiders products.

Typically they are pretty good - I am signed up for an Insiders cooking class so I did not know if that was the reason - of if it was a general mail out.
I don't know what you mean by Insiders products, but I did get a bonus offer for the PC wings and antipasto package. I thought they were just regular bonus offers they randomly send out once in awhile, usually once a week, that aren't related to your purchases. I also got bonus offers for PC wine glasses and PC dutch ovens, which I never buy. lol
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
2354 posts
1998 upvotes
Halifax
ahhh Thank you Silverele ! It would have been odd that it was related to the cooking classes....

Yes the Insiders products are usually new products that Loblaws puts out before Christmas- they promote them in the store in the store with samples and will sometimes run a cooking class around them so people know how to make the most of them.

They are usually premium type products... maybe not as much as the Black Label... but fairly premium....
A fan of RFD
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27803 upvotes
Eastern Ontario

silverele wrote: I don't know what you mean by Insiders products, but I did get a bonus offer for the PC wings and antipasto package. I thought they were just regular bonus offers they randomly send out once in awhile, usually once a week, that aren't related to your purchases. I also got bonus offers for PC wine glasses and PC dutch ovens, which I never buy. lol
My situation is exactly the same as @silverele got 4 mid week BONUS OFFERS this week (regular occurrence used by PC Plus to showcase NEW Products or Special Promotions / Contests)

* 5,000 Points with purchase of PC Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven
* 5,000 Points with purchase of PC 12-pack Stemless Wine Glasses
* 3,000 Points with purchase of PC Dry-Rubbed Hardwood Smoked Chicken Wings
* 2,000 Points with purchase of PC Splendido Antipasto Misto

All 4 Offers EXPIRE on November 23rd

Indeed all 4 of the BONUS OFFERS this week are part of / featured in the 2017 Holiday PC Insiders Report found here on the President's Choice Website
http://www.presidentschoice.ca/en_CA/whats-new.html
Jul 10, 2008
744 posts
135 upvotes
https://provigo.pcplusoffers.ca/en/tricolore/portal

It's back, Provigo Bonus Offers. Expires in 9 days.

Monster 473 mL single energy drink 500 pts
Lindt Excellence Chocolate Bar (selected varieties, 100 g) 600 pts, Excludes all other Lindt Chocolate and sizes
Fontaine Santé Hummus 260 g (valid on all flavours) 850 pts
Lafleur Breakfast Sausages 375g or Olymel Euro Dinner Sausages 375 or 450g 800 pts
Tim Horton single serve 30 ct coffee pods 4,000 pts. Applicable on all flavours
Nutrilait 10% 1L cream 600 pts

Guess the Lafleur brand is only in Quebec.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2750 upvotes
ON

rdiamond1 wrote: ahhh Thank you Silverele ! It would have been odd that it was related to the cooking classes....

Yes the Insiders products are usually new products that Loblaws puts out before Christmas- they promote them in the store in the store with samples and will sometimes run a cooking class around them so people know how to make the most of them.

They are usually premium type products... maybe not as much as the Black Label... but fairly premium....
These are for everyone. I remember receiving several over time. Checking email history:
December (2016)
March
May
November
Jul 13, 2015
256 posts
117 upvotes
Ontario
PointsHubby wrote: My situation is exactly the same as @silverele got 4 mid week BONUS OFFERS this week (regular occurrence used by PC Plus to showcase NEW Products or Special Promotions / Contests)

* 5,000 Points with purchase of PC Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven
* 5,000 Points with purchase of PC 12-pack Stemless Wine Glasses
* 3,000 Points with purchase of PC Dry-Rubbed Hardwood Smoked Chicken Wings
* 2,000 Points with purchase of PC Splendido Antipasto Misto

All 4 Offers EXPIRE on November 23rd

Indeed all 4 of the BONUS OFFERS this week are part of / featured in the 2017 Holiday PC Insiders Report found here on the President's Choice Website
http://www.presidentschoice.ca/en_CA/whats-new.html
The dutch oven is $29.97 in the upcoming No Frills flyer + 3,000 PC points
Chicken wings are $10/box in upcoming flyer at Loblaws (effectively $7 w/ points)
... the wine glasses my GF recalls being $19.97 at Loblaws

Not bad if you have/receive a 10% PC points offer this coming week (3,000 points/$30 spent, etc).
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
12993 posts
8360 upvotes
I've got:
5k on $50 expiring Thursday,
200 pts/$1 on Poultry expiring Thursday,
Zehrs has a Thursday only offer of 4k per $30 chicken,
and $4/lb skinless boneless chicken breast starting Thursday.

That's 10k/$30 on chicken breasts plus the 5k on $50 on my total bill.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29130 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
lecale wrote: I've got:
Got both. Check.

[Added: Just realized that because we didn't need any chicken this week we deferred the 200 pts/$1 to next week. So now that part of the bonus is now off the table. Drat! Still a decent deal though.]
Live in Zehrs territory. Check.
Thank you (and PC Plus)!
Last edited by bylo on Nov 15th, 2017 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27803 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
DMac90 wrote:
The dutch oven is $29.97 in the upcoming No Frills flyer + 3,000 PC points
Chicken wings are $10/box in upcoming flyer at Loblaws (effectively $7 w/ points)
... the wine glasses my GF recalls being $19.97 at Loblaws

Not bad if you have/receive a 10% PC points offer this coming week (3,000 points/$30 spent, etc).
lecale wrote: I've got:

The 5 Qt Dutch Oven is a good price no matter what at around the $ 30 mark ... Similar ones usually start around $ 50 and go up into the hundreds
Add in the PC Points of 5,000 (or an additional 3,000 more at No Frills)
And it's a great deal.
5 Qt is a perfect size for a single person or couple

Good to hear about the Chicken Wings price @ Loblaws... Will look for them

Unfortunately no Poultry Offer this week, nor any Zehrs in Eastern Ontario (at least that I know of)

Might have to check out the Dry-Rubbed Smoked Chicken Wings & the Splendido Cold Cuts, both could prove useful over the Christmas Entertaining Season
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
2354 posts
1998 upvotes
Halifax
\i hav never noticed before but the first page of next weeks Atlantic Superstore is :

Thurs Nov 16 - 4000 for every $30 on poultry\
Fri Nov 17 - 5000 for every $20 on meals to go\
Sat Nov 18 - 4000 for every $20 on natural food
Sun Nov 19 - 3000 for every $20 on deli/ bakery
Mon Nov 20 - 5000 for every $50 on baby
Tues Nov 21 - 4000 for every $20 on produce
Wed Nov 22 - 4000 for every $20 on coffee\
\

I don't know if the offers are in On and further West...

However Sunday might be a good day for the antipasto offer .

4000 pt nov 16-22 on laundry
3000 pt nov 16-22 on cleaning products
A fan of RFD
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27803 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
rdiamond1 wrote: \i hav never noticed before but the first page of next weeks Atlantic Superstore is :

Thurs Nov 16 - 4000 for every $30 on poultry\
Fri Nov 17 - 5000 for every $20 on meals to go\
Sat Nov 18 - 4000 for every $20 on natural food
Sun Nov 19 - 3000 for every $20 on deli/ bakery
Mon Nov 20 - 5000 for every $50 on baby
Tues Nov 21 - 4000 for every $20 on produce
Wed Nov 22 - 4000 for every $20 on coffee\
\

I don't know if the offers are in On and further West...

However Sunday might be a good day for the antipasto offer .

4000 pt nov 16-22 on laundry
3000 pt nov 16-22 on cleaning products
Just took a look at a Flyer.

WOW! That certainly is a new promotion for PC Plus / way to get Customers into the store more often, and also showcase the PC Plus Program to those not already subscribed.

Could be an AMAZING Week to double dip Personal Offers with Instore Offers for the already PC Plus faithful.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
2354 posts
1998 upvotes
Halifax
yes - I agree PointsHubby-

I do have a question regarding coupons:
say you have $20 on coffee and then you use $3 in coupons.
Are you still eligible or is it Before or After Coupons ?
Has anyone tried it ?

Yes I know... interesting !
I am saving my fruit offers for next Tuesday on the Produce offer.
A fan of RFD
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2017
2054 posts
2032 upvotes
Winnipeg
bylo wrote: [Added: Just realized that because we didn't need any chicken this week we deferred the 200 pts/$1 to next week. So now that part of the bonus is now off the table. Drat! Still a decent deal though.]
I have decided to not defer any offers until the last day of the offer for this very reason. You just never know.
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
12993 posts
8360 upvotes
rdiamond1 wrote: I do have a question regarding coupons:
say you have $20 on coffee and then you use $3 in coupons.
Are you still eligible or is it Before or After Coupons ?
Has anyone tried it ?
If you buy $20 coffee and that's all you buy and coupons take you under $20 you will not get the points. If you do it as part of a larger order it will work since the system doesn't know what the coupons were for.

Same, if you do a 5k per $50 total spend and coupons take you under $50 you will not get the points.

At Shoppers coupons always count for something so I wonder what the new system will do about them?
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
2354 posts
1998 upvotes
Halifax
I know,,,, using coupons was lucrative at Shoppers- I cannot imagine it continuing
A fan of RFD