Shopping Discussion

Locked: PC Optimum Discussion Thread (formerly PC Plus)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2019 9:14 am
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2009
2280 posts
991 upvotes
Toronto
I have absolutely no SDM offers as all of them expired and there are no new offers. Is this the case for everyone or just another application hiccup.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
3946 posts
2937 upvotes
Markham
Sorry if it has been asked. What happens to those offers that are NOT SDM exclusive, do I now get bonus pts as well if I get those items from SDM ? Also the coupon does not seem to be single use only under new program ?
Oct 12, 2013
21 posts
4 upvotes
Thunder Bay
bluebellrose wrote: hooo boy, On facebook, one lady reported her local shoppers did not know how to transfer her card. *facepalm* And the supervisor who was supposed to have trained her cashiers didn't know either. Seems shoppers employees are either willfully not doing it or just plain stupid. I don't know which.
My cashier called the manager over. She didn't know how to redeem the pts on the PC MC either.

I just got an email from PC Optimum customer care. They just sent a stock reply , with no relevance to what I asked them. This company is a joke!
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2005
2132 posts
763 upvotes
mkl38s wrote: They were fast. I submitted the point inquiry last night and this 4am, they added the points for me. They did short me of 1x for Shoppers - transaction showed only 2x points and that was it. I did not shop anything in the last 5 days
I did the same last night for my purchase on Sunday with 20x the points. I got additional base points from 10 to 15 and additional MCWE points from 20 to 30 per dollar :) Super quick around 4 am too.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
2290 posts
2343 upvotes
Toronto
No kidding..this is so poorly organized. I sent an inquiry and they submitted a case with ticket number....they closed the ticket with no response!!!
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
2290 posts
2343 upvotes
Toronto
andrew4321 wrote: I have absolutely no SDM offers as all of them expired and there are no new offers. Is this the case for everyone or just another application hiccup.
I have not gotten any offers from shoppers or loblaws since the switch
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2004
5534 posts
2000 upvotes
Wat
Last night after midnight I had only 11 offers. This morning I now have 33!
Sep 14, 2008
177 posts
171 upvotes
Anyone else having problems with the web browser version of PC Optimum? I keep getting an error
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10602 posts
687 upvotes
Mississauga
Offers are better this week.
Nov 24, 2016
55 posts
24 upvotes
Also noticed that i'm only getting 20 pts for WEMC instead of 30.

Also haven't recieved ANY points for non loblaws SDM purchases on mastercard!
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2005
2132 posts
763 upvotes
tmfhw12345 wrote: Also noticed that i'm only getting 20 pts for WEMC instead of 30.

Also haven't recieved ANY points for non loblaws SDM purchases on mastercard!
Yeah this is an on going discussion in this thread too. You need to submit a claim with them once the points come through. I got mine back relatively quickly after submission. The last bit though, not sure, have you waited for your purchases to post? Are they showing up as "non-pending" in your PC MC dashboard?
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10602 posts
687 upvotes
Mississauga
I saw people mention you get 15 pts for PC optimum for SDM GC purchases at SDM. Is the same true for other gift cards. I know you will get 30 pts for using a PC elite, regardless, but I'm wondering if I'll get 45 pts or just 30 pts.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2004
5534 posts
2000 upvotes
Wat
So I put in a points inquiry a couple days ago. Got an e-mail saying the points have been awarded, case closed. Looked at my account, no points were added. Sigh.. so much work for a bunch of measly points. But it's the principle..

I'd advise everyone to not take their word for it and check your accounts to make sure points were actually added if you did an inquiry.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10602 posts
687 upvotes
Mississauga
bylo wrote: Thursday and, at least in ON, new flyer and new personalized offers.

Good news Smiling Face With Open Mouth
1. A whole bunch of personalized offers appeared this morning, including for stuff I've actually bought before and need. (They had me worried with yesterday's "previews".)
2. Save for next week and Don't show again options are back.
3. This may have been there since launch, but offers seem to apply to all stores, including SDM. So it pays to comparison shop in case a grocery item is on sale at SDM.

Bad news :(
1. Many of my offers are now 400 pts for every $2 or 800/$4, rather than the previous 200/$1. This change is subtle but can be quite significant. For instance if the offer is 800/$4 and you buy $7 of it you get 800 pts, but under 200/$1 you'd have gotten 1,400 pts.
You'll probably get back those previous 200/$1. Only elites ever received these things -- I saw some previous postings by others who also would get these types of offers like 200 pts on every $1 spent on apples, etc. I never received these 200/$1 type offers. At the same time you guys were getting 200pts on every $1 spent on apples, I'd get 100pts on every $1 spent on apples.

I think once your new card realizes you are elite, that is, shopping at stores with higher profit margin on their goods (as in overpriced), then you will see the return of your elite offerings.

I don't mean anything bad in "elite". Just saying the system has always favoured some with offers that always were 2x higher in pts earnings for the same dollar spent, compared to the average user.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
6484 posts
2389 upvotes
Mississauga
got 20x for $25+ at sdm...

if i spend exactly $25....

15 pts per $1....20x... so i will get 7500 pts,??
Sep 23, 2011
298 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
I've received my new set of offers: "Our apologies, an unknown error has occurred".
That's it. Both phone app and on website.
Mar 19, 2015
13 posts
North York, ON
Anyone utilizing the household feature? With shoppers optimum my wife and I just shared one card (she used the mobile app, I used the physical card), but wondering if its better to go back to two cards and link them in a household. I guess we'll get different offers?
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1062 posts
857 upvotes
GTA
dmdsoftware2 wrote: You'll probably get back those previous 200/$1. Only elites ever received these things -- I saw some previous postings by others who also would get these types of offers like 200 pts on every $1 spent on apples, etc. I never received these 200/$1 type offers. At the same time you guys were getting 200pts on every $1 spent on apples, I'd get 100pts on every $1 spent on apples.
Would it be correct to guess that you do more of your grocery shopping at No Frills and/or RCSS than at Loblaws? Some people think this made a difference in the offers we used to get under PC+. It seems reasonable intuitively; since Loblaws' prices are higher, they were able to afford to give the additional 10 cents per dollar.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2005
2132 posts
763 upvotes
Ducky wrote: got 20x for $25+ at sdm...

if i spend exactly $25....

15 pts per $1....20x... so i will get 7500 pts,??
That's correct. 20x on the base 15 points. Any additional points earned by MCWE are only the amount * 30 points in addition. So, 7,500 + 750.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2699 posts
442 upvotes
Toronto
bruceree wrote: Anyone utilizing the household feature? With shoppers optimum my wife and I just shared one card (she used the mobile app, I used the physical card), but wondering if its better to go back to two cards and link them in a household. I guess we'll get different offers?
My wife always had her own card for separate offers. Worked out better every week. Not sure about the household thing though

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)