Shopping Discussion

PC Optimum Discussion Thread (formerly PC Plus)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 21st, 2018 1:15 am
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6442 posts
1207 upvotes
tmfhw12345 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 10:39 pm
Mine haven't changed.still around 20 @ 20% but less bonus offers. No bonus offers this week.
Same here.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
3972 posts
2072 upvotes
Another week...

As I said back in Reply # 4209 (when we discussing a notable decrease in the number of Offers) ...
I only got 20 JUST FOR YOU OFFERS this week ... and NO BONUS OFFERS

Most interesting:

* 200 Points for every $ 2 Spent on Bread & Rolls Baked In-Store
* 400 Points for Old Mill English Muffins
* 200 Points for every $ 1 Spent on Bulk Foods
* 300 Points for Strawberries
* 200 Points for every $ 1 Spent on Limes
* 500 Points for Watermelon
* 200 Points for Romaine Lettuce
* 3 seperate Offers on Black Label Products
* 200 Points for every $ 1 Spent on Books or Magazines

The In-Store Baked Bread & Rolls Offer is 200 Points for $ 2
So not the best... but considering it is something we buy at least once a week, any offer is better than none

Looks like the Watermelon (another summery exotic fruit) has replaced the ubiquitous Pineapple this week

Romaine Lettuce... uh no, in light of the recent news (ecoli warning)... gonna skip that one

The PC Black Label Offers are nice... might delay them in hopes of also getting a Black Label Bonus Offer that I can then stack

The Books & Magazine Offer was the one I DELAYED from last week. Hoping they have a particular New Year Issue that I am on the look out for.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
2950 posts
454 upvotes
ot: u guys notice how SDM can email ur receipt now online? makes it nice and able to copy and paste it too! and it tells u exactly the opt points promo breakdown in details! bout time nice! it goes hand in hand with the new selfcheckout kiosks...too bad they don't take sdm gc cards as payment...another downside is the scratchoff pins u gotta use for gcs now...hassle
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10pro w/radeon rx460 rogers gigabit VIP using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
12320 posts
4718 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Tomorrow only:

unnamed.jpg
Don’t miss this ONE-DAY PC® Points offer! Come in-store on Tuesday, January 9th and get 6,000 points for every $12 you spend on any PC® ACTV™, PC SONA™ and/or MadeGood® bars and/or portion packs – that’s 50% back in points!*

Hurry to your local Loblaws, Zehrs, Independent, Valu-mart, Provigo, Real Atlantic Superstore and Dominion** store to take advantage of this limited time offer.
Last edited by bylo on Jan 8th, 2018 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
veni, vidi, Visa
Nov 11, 2016
312 posts
147 upvotes
Halifax
rdiamond1 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 12:33 pm

I have the three saved from last week : 20 % on Beef, Chicken and Deli Meat.

And then 20 % on
PC Frozen Fruit
PC Frozen Vegtable
PC Dog Food
PC Soda Pop
PC Black Label ( BL ) Jam
NN Pasta Sauce

And then 20 % on
Mushrooms
Peppers

And then
500 on Blackberries
600 on Butter
500 on PC Special Breads
800 on PC BL crisps
1000 on PC BL Ice Cream
500 on White Milk
What I notice about this week versus others is that ALL OFFERS are PC brands or Groceries.
There are not any "Brand Name" offers like Lays, Nestle, Pedigree ,Hershey, ( Even Klondike bars - which are staple for me ) Simply Juice etc... that I typically have.

So maybe the "Sponsored " contracts are not out yet - because of the PC Optimum merge or something ???
And PC is just using their own products- therefore less offers.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
12320 posts
4718 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
akaManny wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 12:16 pm
Tomorrow, Jan 9.
Good eyes! Thanks for catching this.
veni, vidi, Visa
Penalty Box
Jun 24, 2015
1073 posts
104 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
Anyway I can fast track my request to convert my Shoppers Optimum card to a PC Optimum card? And will I get a new number? or will I continue to use the same number? apparently PC numbers are longer than shoppers numbers, which will they settle for?
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
12320 posts
4718 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
GoodFellaz wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 12:34 pm
Anyway I can fast track my request to convert my Shoppers Optimum card to a PC Optimum card? And will I get a new number? or will I continue to use the same number? apparently PC numbers are longer than shoppers numbers, which will they settle for?
Watch this space: https://www.pcoptimum.ca/

Less than a month to go and all your questions will be answered.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
3972 posts
2072 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 7:58 am
ot: u guys notice how SDM can email ur receipt now online? makes it nice and able to copy and paste it too! and it tells u exactly the opt points promo breakdown in details! bout time nice! it goes hand in hand with the new selfcheckout kiosks...too bad they don't take sdm gc cards as payment...another downside is the scratchoff pins u gotta use for gcs now...hassle
The scratch off pins is really only a hassle for the crooks Upside-down Face

They were implemented to protect the rest of SDM Consumers who actually bought the GCs

PS... this is the PC Plus thread the SDM Optimum one is here
official-shoppers-drug-mart-optimum-poi ... n-2076552/
Banned
Jan 7, 2018
2 posts
1 upvote
The difference between old & New here is also $ 6.25 ... so in your case the difference is awash.

I’d only jump on a SDM Redemption Event if there was stuff I wanted, and there was a Points Back Option... then ya it would be worthwhile

For now, I’m saving my SDM Optimum Points now to roll over, cause I truly think the NEW Program won’t be any worse than the current one at Shoppers

But it’s an individual decision for sure
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
3972 posts
2072 upvotes
rdiamond1 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 11:32 am
What I notice about this week versus others is that ALL OFFERS are PC brands or Groceries.
There are not any "Brand Name" offers like Lays, Nestle, Pedigree ,Hershey, ( Even Klondike bars - which are staple for me ) Simply Juice etc... that I typically have.

So maybe the "Sponsored " contracts are not out yet - because of the PC Optimum merge or something ???
And PC is just using their own products- therefore less offers.
Just a coincidence.

I got both the Books & Magazine Offer this week, as well as one from Lay’s & one from Kellogg’s
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
3972 posts
2072 upvotes
GoodFellaz wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 12:34 pm
I also replied to your post in the SDM Optimum Topic
official-shoppers-drug-mart-optimum-poi ... n-2076552/

No way to get a NEW PC Optimum Card early

Rollover / Launch happens February 1st

Everything changes on that date... Cards, Account Numbers, Website & App
For more info see the PC Optimum Website = www.pcoptimum.ca

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)