Shopping Discussion

PC Optimum Discussion Thread (formerly PC Plus)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 26th, 2018 10:39 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
1736 posts
511 upvotes
canoek wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 2:42 pm
As someone who knows the details on the program - if you have more than roughly $40, it's best to spend them now.
I don't think this is correct. Can you be more specific?
Jul 10, 2008
720 posts
122 upvotes
bylo wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 8:12 am
PSA: In case you haven't seen it yet, Loblawcard.ca Bread Price Fixing $25gc is now live!

Might as well sign up for some "free" money--or rather, get back a small percentage of the money that Loblaws has ripped off you over the past 15 years.
That Link is dead but this link takes you to the official page:
https://www.loblawcard.ca/
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
3985 posts
2082 upvotes
Cheapo-Findo wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 1:48 pm
So I got over 50k of Optimum points. Should I wait for the conversion or just spend it? What do you think?
canoek wrote:

As someone who knows the details on the program - if you have more than roughly $40, it's best to spend them now.
akaManny wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 7:11 pm
and @Arrow & @Jonric

For the record...

This is the Discussion thread for the PC PLUS Program (Loblaws Group)

Questions for the SDM OPTIMUM Program are best asked in the thread dedicated to that current program

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/official ... n-2076552/

OR...

If specific to conversion and the NEW PC Optimum Program, in the thread founded for that Program

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/shoppers ... 8-2140873/

Lots of info in both on the Conversion / Rollover from SDM Optimum, and the Pros & Cons of Cashing In before the end of the month vs saving / converting them
Nov 11, 2016
313 posts
147 upvotes
Halifax
Hmmmm - I don't think that says anything we don't know.

Eg...
1. More points get redeemed at a higher rate
2. Sit on points if you have alot of them and
3. Take advantage of SDM events.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2015
1450 posts
564 upvotes
Toronto, ON
akaManny wrote:
I was told this by the guy implementing it. He asked everyone to spend now if they have a lot of points. I don't carry any points, or any loyalty cards for that matter, so that's the extent of what I know.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
3985 posts
2082 upvotes
canoek wrote:

akaManny wrote:

There ya go...
canoek wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 1:06 pm
I was told this by the guy implementing it. He asked everyone to spend now if they have a lot of points. I don't carry any points, or any loyalty cards for that matter, so that's the extent of what I know.
“the guy” implementing it

What do you mean by “he ASKED everyone to spend now if they had a lot of points”
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
1693 posts
351 upvotes
Just a question about saving offers in the app for next week.

Theoretically, if I save an offer does that mean that I will get one "less" other offer? In other words, does the offer that I save replace a new, potentially better offer in the pipeline?
Alterna Savings Visa Infinite
2% cold hard cash on everything, no caps, VISA acceptance
48 day medical insurance, trip cxl, trip interrupt
Discuss here
Jan 19, 2017
749 posts
222 upvotes
minimalist wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 5:32 pm

Theoretically, if I save an offer does that mean that I will get one "less" other offer? In other words, does the offer that I save replace a new, potentially better offer in the pipeline?
Actually, it is the other way. I have received the same offer 2 weeks in a row. If I saved the offer one week and got the same offer the next week, I earned points for both offers and received double points if I bought that thing in the 2nd week.
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2001
14557 posts
4922 upvotes
minimalist wrote:

My experience is that no - you will not receive fewer offers by "holding" offers.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
3985 posts
2082 upvotes
minimalist wrote:

Hard to tell...

My offers in the last 6 months have fluctuated up & down between a low of under 20 Offers, to a high of almost 40 Offers.

Does not seem to be a lot of rhyme or reason... so hard to tell if my DELAYING 3 Offers from last week meant I got 17 new Offers + the 3 = 20...or if I had not delayed I might have seen 24 Offers (or 16, 28, or 36)

They key thing here is you should be hitting DELAY for a reasonable reason...

You need the item
The item is on sale next week
You are intentionally trying to manipulate / stack Offers
(Although this last one is a bit of a crap shoot / guessing game)
Nov 11, 2016
313 posts
147 upvotes
Halifax
Well I have 22 offers this week and a couple are name brand.
All are 20 % or less - ZERO stackable.
However I say that and I do have PC Greek Yogurt and I see the flyer has an extra 1000 points on 6.99 $

Also I see the flyer has 20% off for Natural Foods - 1st Page.

So this might finally be the POM juice !

One offer for Joe Fresh at 25 %.

I still do not have that elusive coupon I have been looking for.

I can't say I am going to rush out for anything really.

Another Subject :
OK here is the situation on points at our house :
My husband has about $ 400 worth of PC Points - Zero Optimum - does not even have a card.

I have about $ 500 of Optimum Points - I do not have a PC Card but have started using DH's PC WE card for points at Superstore as of October.
Love the Optimum app... and everything about this program.

I know this card replacement will be done at the cash - does he just get his at Superstore and I get mine at Shoppers?
If so... would this be two different accounts ?
Is this a good or bad thing ?

I am thinking of using $ 210 this weekend with the special redemption event.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
1491 posts
403 upvotes
Woodbridge
I have the same question. My wife has an Optimum card in her name and we have a shared PC/Simpli Financial account that was collecting PC points. Ideally, we just merge these onto one PC Optimum account. Would that be a possibility?

My guess would be that I would need to get my own PC Optimum account, she would convert her points to her own PC Optimum account, and then we would just transfer points from one to the other. Could someone confirm?
rdiamond1 wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 10:26 am

OK here is the situation on points at our house :
My husband has about $ 400 worth of PC Points - Zero Optimum - does not even have a card.

I have about $ 500 of Optimum Points - I do not have a PC Card but have started using DH's PC WE card for points at Superstore as of October.
Love the Optimum app... and everything about this program.

I know this card replacement will be done at the cash - does he just get his at Superstore and I get mine at Shoppers?
Oct 14, 2017
414 posts
204 upvotes
GTA
rdiamond1 wrote:
Jan 13th, 2018 10:26 am
Is this a good or bad thing ?
Do you want to end up with 2 PCOpt accounts or just 1? I haven't seen specific answers to your questions, but I'm currently assuming that if you want 2, and a plastic card for each, you convert each your current PC and SDM accounts into two separate PCOpt accounts. I think you can then get both cards at either RCSS or SDM.

If you want 1 account, I gather you link both current accounts to a single new PCOpt one on or after Feb. 1, and that you can get then a card for this new account at either store.

I'm guessing that if you have two accounts, you'll get more total offers than you would with just one. Keep in mind that this will involve keeping track of which offers are on which account, and arranging your purchases accordingly. Whether it's worth doing this depends on the offers you'd get (which is something we probably can't predict all that well) and on how you feel about doing the additional work.

Thread Information

There are currently 6 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 5 guests)

KellyM133398