Shopping Discussion

PC Optimum Discussion Thread (formerly PC Plus)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2018 1:49 am
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
3035 posts
753 upvotes
QC
puinkl wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 4:42 pm
I get 3% rebates as points with PC World Elite MC at grocery stores like No Frills and Independent. But Anybody knows if I buy prescription, other drugs(I am buying shingles vaccine, about $200) at the pharmacy or gift card there, do I still get 3%?

Thanks
Yes
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
3338 posts
1680 upvotes
greg123 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 3:51 pm
Linked both PC and SDM cards successfully, point total correct, however, not getting any SDM offers either.
How long ago did you do the merge?

It can take up to a week to see Offers come in due the Standard PCO Offer Cycle

First week of Offers for everyone were Generic cause they were INSTANT Offers, and not based on your actual shopping habits... after the Computers do the analysis of both your linked SDM & PC Plus Cards shopping History the Offers improve greatly / become personalized.

If you are on the App... turn NOTIFICATIONS to ON for even more midweek opportunities
Dec 27, 2016
93 posts
66 upvotes
Still not one SDM offer!! Dying for a 20x that others have said they got for tomorrow to stack with the 20% off but I know it’s not happening. Early days for PCO but I would rate this as an epic fail so far. They had months of planning. Took two great programs and make one that doesn’t work as advertised.
How often are the F & F days?
Nov 13, 2017
37 posts
18 upvotes
British Columbia
Frank510 wrote: Still not one SDM offer!! Dying for a 20x that others have said they got for tomorrow to stack with the 20% off but I know it’s not happening. Early days for PCO but I would rate this as an epic fail so far. They had months of planning. Took two great programs and make one that doesn’t work as advertised.
Same situation here. I haven’t received any SDM offers since day 1, even after I did some shopping at SDM.
Sep 9, 2017
317 posts
172 upvotes
Winnipeg
6:42 pm and my Monday offer is already gone. In the future I guess I'll have to take a half day off work if I want to use my SDM offersFace With Tears Of Joy.
Jan 4, 2014
581 posts
146 upvotes
Toronto
So I contacted pc financial to see if I could get any info on my pc mastercard application. The women on the phone said I need to send them a one dollar cheque, or a utilities statement. Does anyone know why they would need this?
May 28, 2012
9581 posts
1846 upvotes
Saskatoon
Frank510 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 7:09 pm
Still not one SDM offer!! Dying for a 20x that others have said they got for tomorrow to stack with the 20% off but I know it’s not happening. Early days for PCO but I would rate this as an epic fail so far. They had months of planning. Took two great programs and make one that doesn’t work as advertised.
I've had a weekly offer for 20x milk for years it seems...that's the only one I consistently use. I did a points inquiry for a Superstore purchase and asked about not having any Optimum offers but they only responded back about crediting my missing points.
Apr 9, 2010
531 posts
208 upvotes
Toronto
Smiley22 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 2:35 pm
Some of my offers disappeared from my list before it even expired.
Same here! I had an SDM offer for 3,000 points for $10 purchase of food that said it was supposed to come up in 2 days, but it disappeared today before it activated.
Feb 1, 2018
60 posts
38 upvotes
Montréal
DGSSSG wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 7:34 pm
Same situation here. I haven’t received any SDM offers since day 1, even after I did some shopping at SDM.
Hey, at least you're getting grocery offers. All I've been getting for a week is an empty offer list and an error message.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
11595 posts
4112 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
PC Optimum loses points for clumsy merger | Toronto Star
With three months’ notice, the giant grocery chain should have been prepared to answer questions and give guidance on the Feb. 1 launch date.

But some people ran into roadblocks trying to transfer points from the old program to the new one. Calling for help didn’t always work, either.

Here are comments I received by email, Twitter and Facebook:

While Loblaw’s has apologized for the obstacles people ran into at first, the company believes it was a successful transition.

“Make no mistake, we are pleased with the conversion, as are the vast majority of our members,” said company spokesperson Catherine Thomas...
veni, vidi, Visa
Nov 3, 2016
87 posts
59 upvotes
seriesofcontradictions wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 9:39 pm
Hey, at least you're getting grocery offers. All I've been getting for a week is an empty offer list and an error message.
Same here still. Both the app and the website just show "Our apologies, an unknown error has occurred" and there are no offers at all. Have they responded to you at all?

I opened a ticket last week and they responded half an hour ago with "We’ve noticed due to volume there’s an issue with viewing offers on the app." and directed me to call Member care if I have no offers. I have zero interest in waiting 90 minutes on hold, or whatever the current wait time is. I replied and re-stated the problem, since I don't think they read it the first time, and asked them to re-open the ticket. In the meantime, I guess it's Metro and Rexall for me.
Oct 14, 2017
244 posts
127 upvotes
GTA
bylo wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 9:56 pm
PC Optimum loses points for clumsy merger | Toronto Star
With three months’ notice, the giant grocery chain should have been prepared to answer questions and give guidance on the Feb. 1 launch date.
Methinks the article is too kind. I highly doubt that Loblaws waited until the new program was announced to start planning and preparing for the rollout. They very likely gave themselves far longer than that to get ready and still experienced much more than a reasonable amount of issues.
Feb 1, 2018
60 posts
38 upvotes
Montréal
Adelie wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 11:26 pm
Same here still. Both the app and the website just show "Our apologies, an unknown error has occurred" and there are no offers at all. Have they responded to you at all?
Not really, no. Twitter just told me to try the website instead of the app (and ignored me when I pointed out that the screencap I posted WAS of the website). I submitted a ticket online and got a reply a couple of days later via email, which was clearly an auto-generated email by a bot with links to videos on how to link up the accounts. The email title was "ticket resolved and closed" -- HA!

It's a bit ridiculous... they clearly were woefully unprepared for this merger. Can't say I'm too surprised. After all, this is the same company who, when faced with a major security breach last year, made everyone change their passwords to be EXACTLY (not minimum) 8 characters. Even a beginner in web security should be head-desking at that. Clearly they're employing Air Canada IT department's rejects, which is setting a new low bar.
Sep 9, 2017
317 posts
172 upvotes
Winnipeg
seriesofcontradictions wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 11:43 pm
Not really, no. Twitter just told me to try the website instead of the app (and ignored me when I pointed out that the screencap I posted WAS of the website). I submitted a ticket online and got a reply a couple of days later via email, which was clearly an auto-generated email by a bot with links to videos on how to link up the accounts. The email title was "ticket resolved and closed" -- HA!
Wow. Just wow. And I suppose they're self-reporting that closed ticket as a successful problem resolution.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)