Shopping Discussion

PC Optimum Discussion Thread (formerly PC Plus)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2018 7:29 am
Aug 19, 2009
207 posts
84 upvotes
GoodFellaz wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2018 1:06 pm
and here is another interesting thing, the cards they give out, were actually 2 cards a full size credit card sized PC optimum card, and a smaller key chain sized card. EACH CARD had its own unique bar code number which is different than the bar code on my mobile app. I want to add the bar code to the other app on my wifes phone called StoCard, so which bar code should I add? the app bar code or the credit card sized one or the keychain sized one?
Did you figure out why the new cards contain 2 cards in one? I just got the new card from Shoppers Drug Mart and the cashier scanned the old optimum card first I think then the new card. I now see 2 PC Optimum cards linked to my account, one is the number from the big credit card sized and second one is the number on the key fob sized card.... this is confusing..
I thought RFD was supposed to help me SAVE money .... -__-|
Oct 14, 2017
580 posts
329 upvotes
GTA
ae86fr wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 7:21 pm
Did you figure out why the new cards contain 2 cards in one? I just got the new card from Shoppers Drug Mart and the cashier scanned the old optimum card first I think then the new card. I now see 2 PC Optimum cards linked to my account, one is the number from the big credit card sized and second one is the number on the key fob sized card.... this is confusing..
Presumably, the plastic card and key tag have different numbers so that if you lose one, it can be turned off for redeeming without also having to turn off your plastic card et al as well before moving your points to a new account, which would be necessary if everything had the same number.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
8606 posts
8254 upvotes
I did not have 20x milk offer since the merge. But I got the today only 20% off offer from text message promo. I went to get a 4L milk with 20% off which is closed to 20x points. I am hoping to get the 20x or $1 off for 4L milk offer every week from now on. If I don't get the milk offer, I can always buy milk with the 20% off senior discount on every Thursday.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
1x 7-11 Speakout, 2x Koodo $28 plan, $0 FPL home phone, 1x PM $45 5.5GB plan
1x Zoomer $36 loyalty plan, 1x Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 numbers $117($72 + 2x$22.5)
Aug 19, 2009
207 posts
84 upvotes
Jonric wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 8:01 pm
Presumably, the plastic card and key tag have different numbers so that if you lose one, it can be turned off for redeeming without also having to turn off your plastic card et al as well before moving your points to a new account, which would be necessary if everything had the same number.
ah I see. Thank you.
I thought RFD was supposed to help me SAVE money .... -__-|
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
4805 posts
2601 upvotes
ae86fr wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 7:21 pm
Jonric wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 8:01 pm
This

And it was just the way the PC Plus Program was built too... various registered numbers that correspond to all the different elements / devices that get linked together, so numbers for Plastic Card - Key Tag - App - PC MC Account - PC Insiders Account - Click & Collect Account - Joe Fresh Account - SDM Beauty Boutique Account etc

PS... when couples wanted to share one pool of PC Points in the past, one typically had the App or Plastic Card while the other the Card or Key Tag. Still a popular option if you don’t want to set up a Household Account (as that new option tends to diminish a couples access to Offers)
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
4555 posts
1076 upvotes
bylo wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 2:23 pm
Re offer deferrals, new this week:
1. You can now defer 4 offers, not just 3 as in the past.
2. When you defer an offer it gets greyed out and pushed to the bottom of the offer list so you can see it.

It continues to be important to check that you get credited with bonus points. I had an offer of 200 pts per $1 on fresh pork. Bought some pork chops but didn't get the 2,000 points I should have. $2 in points isn't chump change. Inquiry in progress.

Added: And the "bug" where after you do a points inquiry and they give you the missing points, the original offer remains in effect. Alas because of 1. above I can't defer the pork.
Any idea why I can defer my offers (up to 4 as you mentioned) ... but my mother from her account cant?

Her buttons there (where you defer things or instruct not to show any particular offer) are greyed out / non-operational (talking about being there via home computer).
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
4805 posts
2601 upvotes
Darkman wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 10:52 pm
Any idea why I can defer my offers (up to 4 as you mentioned) ... but my mother from her account cant?

Her buttons there (where you defer things or instruct not to show any particular offer) are greyed out / non-operational (talking about being there via home computer).
When did she do the Merger / activate her PCO Account ?

The DELAY / DELETE Function seems to be tied to that.

Doesn’t work on Week 1 Generic Offers... works starting Week 2 when Shopping History Updates, and Personal Offers arrive
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
4555 posts
1076 upvotes
Can confirm that the offer(s) looking like they are Superstore / loblaw offers are also offers for Shoppers as well ... if Shoppers happened to carry the item.

Today i was at Shoppers ... local Shoppers ... and All-Bran cereals were on sale / quite a discount (at Clearance shelves)..

So i needed some ... and decided to buy ALL of them (they had total 5 there).

So upon producing my PC optimum card ... and paying ... I was pleasantly surprised to see that some "Promotional offer" was shown on their screen

When i got my receipt and checked it out ...sure thing! ... I received bonus points for the All-Bran cereal ... correct amount.

But as mentioned ... I was under impression that the offer was NON Shoppers offer.

I guess Shoppers is included nowadays as as Loblaw / Superstore offers are concerned.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
8606 posts
8254 upvotes
I will try to defer more than 4 offers tomorrow night around 11pm MST. I was able to defer as many offers as I want around Wednesday 11pm MST using the old pc-plus Android app. But I don't have too many offers which I like to defer this week..
Last edited by embguy on Feb 13th, 2018 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1x Zoomer $36 loyalty plan, 1x Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 numbers $117($72 + 2x$22.5)
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
4555 posts
1076 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 10:54 pm
When did she do the Merger / activate her PCO Account ?

The DELAY / DELETE Function seems to be tied to that.

Doesn’t work on Week 1 Generic Offers... works starting Week 2 when Shopping History Updates, and Personal Offers arrive
We did the Merger together at the same time ... at local Shoppers .. and activated / created account together basically too..

The only difference between hers and mine is ... that my mother never had HER OWN PC Plus account ...

She had her Shoppers optimum account ... but as far as PC Plus was concerned ... She was always using my PCF world elite MC (supplementary card) ... and all points that she earned with it ... were given to my PC Plus account ... She was OK with it by the way :)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
8606 posts
8254 upvotes
Darkman wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 10:58 pm
Can confirm that the offer(s) looking like they are Superstore / loblaw offers are also offers for Shoppers as well ... if Shoppers happened to carry the item.

Today i was at Shoppers ... local Shoppers ... and All-Bran cereals were on sale / quite a discount (at Clearance shelves)..

So upon producing my PC optimum card ... and paying ... I was pleasantly surprised to see that some "Promotional offer" was shown on their screen

When i got my receipt and checked it out ...sure thing! ... I received bonus points for the All-Bran cereal ... correct amount.

But as mentioned ... I was under impression that the offer was NON Shoppers offer.

I guess Shoppers is included nowadays as as Loblaw / Superstore offers are concerned.
This will be interesting to get the points at RCSS for the SDM offers. I cannot find $10 candy and snack items at SDM as they are not on sale. I will go over RCSS flyer to determine whether I can get $10 worth of candy and snack at RCSS.

I review the SDM offer again. The offer top graphic says SDM exclusive. But the "Offer terms" does not mention about SDM.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
4805 posts
2601 upvotes
Darkman wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 10:58 pm

Unless an Offer has a BANNER on it identifying it as one store Brand (ie Shoppers / No Frills etc) it is good at ALL STORES that accept the PC Optimum Cards

This was laid out way back when in the Preliminary FAQs
Oct 14, 2017
580 posts
329 upvotes
GTA
embguy wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 11:08 pm
I review the SDM offer again. The offer top graphic says SDM exclusive. But the "Offer terms" does not mention about SDM.
Why would I need or expect the terms to repeat what's clearly stated on the offer graphic?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
8606 posts
8254 upvotes
I have the following offers:
1. 200 pts/$1 spend on no name chips (not store specific)
2. 600 pts/$3 spend on pc peanuts (not store specific)
3. SDM specific 4000 pts for $10 spend or more

If I buy all 3 at SDM, I will get around 5600 pts for spending $10 - around 55% off. It will be 65% off if I included the 10% off when I purchased my SDM GC at least 10% off 3 - 4 months ago.

Thread Information

There are currently 38 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 37 guests)

AllenWayne