Shopping Discussion

PC Optimum Discussion Thread (formerly PC Plus)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2018 2:13 am
Dec 27, 2016
371 posts
370 upvotes
TheHans wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 7:31 pm
A question for someone who shops at both SDM and the Superstore. I rarely shop at SDM. I have these two offers:

I got an offer for just Wednesday for 10X the points for $20 or more spent in the store "on almost anything"
I have an offer expiring Wednesday for 1,800 points for every $9 on Life Brand glucosamin sulfate

Does this mean that if I were to spend $20 on Life Brand glucosamin sulfate that I'd get 36,000 points? For $9 X 2 (and $2 more to get it to $20) of glucosamin sulfate, which would give me 3,600 points. THEN the 10X for $20. And Life Brand glucosamin is 20% off this week. LOL it seems ridiculous...I know there must be a catch...

They definitely do not stack and I’m pretty sure if you use a personal offer the cost of that product is ineligible to receive the 10x points although you will still receive the 1.5% base points. I had that happen on a 20x day and realized afterward I should have deferred or deleted a personal offer as the 20x points were a better payout than the personal offer points.
Last edited by Frank510 on Mar 12th, 2018 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 4, 2014
708 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto
b0ne wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 6:45 pm
I had to create a new account with the exact name that was on the Supplementary card, seems to work after that.
I just got my card and supplementary card, so what do you mean by this. You had to make a new account with the other persons name and just that card, and then link it to your existing account?
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2014
3131 posts
747 upvotes
Parry Sound
pinkyring wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 6:39 pm
Anybody??

Double-check your account. Your primary and supplementary cards are likely already linked to your PCO account.
This message has been approved by the Office of the Mayor of Toronto.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
1844 posts
538 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.
Frank510 wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 8:48 pm
They definitely do not stack and I’m pretty sure if you use a personal offer the cost of that product is ineligible to receive the 10x points although you will still receive the 1.5% base points. I had that happen on a 20x day and realized afterward I should have deferred or deleted a personal offer as the 20x points were a better payout than the personal offer points.
Boooo....I knew there had to be a catch...thanks for the explanation though.
"So let it be e-mailed - so let it be done!"
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
17713 posts
2416 upvotes
GTA West
I received an e-mail today indicating that 'unusual activity' was detected on my PC Optimum account and I have to reset my password.
It's not a phishing mail. Anyone else get this?
Tuition to the School of Life is not tax deductible.
Nov 13, 2017
87 posts
42 upvotes
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 10:55 pm
I received an e-mail today indicating that 'unusual activity' was detected on my PC Optimum account and I have to reset my password.
It's not a phishing mail. Anyone else get this?
I got the same email this afternoon and updated my password anyway, but I didn't notice anything wrong with my account
Oct 14, 2017
634 posts
348 upvotes
GTA
TheHans wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 7:31 pm
A question for someone who shops at both SDM and the Superstore. I rarely shop at SDM. I have these two offers:

I got an offer for just Wednesday for 10X the points for $20 or more spent in the store "on almost anything"
I have an offer expiring Wednesday for 1,800 points for every $9 on Life Brand glucosamin sulfate

Does this mean that if I were to spend $20 on Life Brand glucosamin sulfate that I'd get 36,000 points? For $9 X 2 (and $2 more to get it to $20) of glucosamin sulfate, which would give me 3,600 points. THEN the 10X for $20. And Life Brand glucosamin is 20% off this week. LOL it seems ridiculous...I know there must be a catch...
You'd get 3600 points from buying two times the $9 of glucosamine. You'd also get 3000 (15 per dollar times $20 times 10x) from the WUS offer, so 6600 points in total. The offers do stack, but what this means is that the points from each are calculated separately then added up, not that they multiply.
Oct 14, 2017
634 posts
348 upvotes
GTA
Frank510 wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 8:48 pm
The offers do stack, but as I outlined in my previous post, stacking doesn't work like TheHans was thinking.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
1844 posts
538 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.
Jonric wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 12:14 am
You'd get 3600 points from buying two times the $9 of glucosamine. You'd also get 3000 (15 per dollar times $20 times 10x) from the WUS offer, so 6600 points in total. The offers do stack, but what this means is that the points from each are calculated separately then added up, not that they multiply.
So you're saying that the glucosamin would be eligible toward that $20 total, but the points specifically for the glucosamin wouldn't count toward the 10X offer if we reached $20. I think that's what you mean...I don't think we'll get it in this case, thanks though for explaining.
"So let it be e-mailed - so let it be done!"
Nov 13, 2005
94 posts
3 upvotes
Montreal
Jonric wrote:
Mar 12th, 2018 12:05 pm
You seem to be assuming facts not in evidence. It's true that we haven't seen some types of offers or events we're used to from PC+ and Optimum. But this doesn't mean we'll never see any of them again. To me at least, it doesn't seem unreasonable to allow for the possibility that the people running PCO are holding off on introducing more types of offers and events until the program is operating better.
Who can predict what they will do in the future? I just posted what I experienced in the last 6 weeks. If the offers will ever get better, who can tell if they are holding off on introducing more types of offers or they have to do it again because their sales are down?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
3906 posts
591 upvotes
Richmond
GoodFellaz wrote:
Mar 7th, 2018 11:45 am
Not sure whats going on? I got my PC Optimum card on Day 1 and converted my Shoppers Optimum points. I never had Presidents choice points before but have lots of shoppers points.

I shop a bout a dozen times now at stores like Loblaws, RCS, No frills, but my points balance has stayed the same. why am I not incuring any points? how many dollars do u need to incure points at Loblaws and companies?
You aren't loading your offers, So you aren't getting anything. You need to load your offers every week before you shop. You also need to register the card as well.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
3906 posts
591 upvotes
Richmond
john.canad wrote:
Mar 7th, 2018 1:31 pm
I'm actually believing the opposite.

My account, which has 300k points, does not receive any of those "spend X, receive Y points" offers. My spouse's account, which only has 1k points has those offers and many more
I had 260k points and I recently received a spend 75 get 7500 points offer.
Sep 14, 2015
958 posts
621 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
Can you access to more deals for bonus points if you use the App?
I basically only check from my emails

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

TheRedViper