Shopping Discussion

PC Optimum Discussion Thread (formerly PC Plus)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2018 10:35 am
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
8917 posts
8426 upvotes
Frank510 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 5:23 pm
I’ve done the 5000 points WUS $25 on participating brands (PC, No Name, Life brand etc.) twice. Both times combined with a 20x offer. Didn’t get the 5000 either time but put in an inquiry and got the points awarded within a couple of hours both times.
I was planning to skip promo this week. I have 5k pts on $25 spending on almost anything offer. I will go shopping for 40% off on PC, No Name, Life brand stuff.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $30 plan, PM $41 6GB plan, PM $8 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $117/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
2286 posts
512 upvotes
Vancouver
Is there a way to link Esso Speedpass with PCO yet?
Apr 20, 2016
46 posts
18 upvotes
Ottawa
john.canad wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 8:25 pm
Is there a way to link Esso Speedpass with PCO yet?
No. So far just an emailed (targeted?) offer for Mastercard holders.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10224 posts
498 upvotes
Mississauga
I can't believe nobody has mentioned the new Shopper's point scheme yet?!?

There is a full page in the Shoppers Drug Mart flyer. Apparently every dollar spent at SDM with your PC Financial card will earn up to 135 until the end of the year. But reading between the lines, the 30 pts for the elite might be ending because it lists out 10 pts across all three cards with the bonus pts being a special promotion until the end of the year.
Nov 24, 2016
55 posts
24 upvotes
dmdsoftware2 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 9:31 pm

There is a full page in the Shoppers Drug Mart flyer. Apparently every dollar spent at SDM with your PC Financial card will earn up to 135 until the end of the year. But reading between the lines, the 30 pts for the elite might be ending because it lists out 10 pts across all three cards with the bonus pts being a special promotion until the end of the year.
Isn't this for new pc mastercard holders only?
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10224 posts
498 upvotes
Mississauga
tmfhw12345 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 10:14 pm
No, clearly says for all existing users until August something on the website.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
5534 posts
3115 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
dmdsoftware2 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 9:31 pm

tmfhw12345 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 10:14 pm
YUP

Clearly some folks don’t bother to read the FINE PRINT in the flyer ad :rolleyes:

Limited time BONUSES for new Applicants only...

90 - 100 - 110 PCO Points replacing the otherwise 10 - 20 - 30 Bonuses that these PC MCs (depending on which one / tier) generate

I’d post a pic of the Shopper’s ad from the flyer, but unfortunately, I don’t know how to do that here on RFD (maybe someone else can)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7285 posts
790 upvotes
GTA
PC Financial website does seem to show current cardholders are eligible for the bonus until August 10. Screenshot is attached.
Images
  • Screenshot_2018-07-13-01-05-26.png
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
5534 posts
3115 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
sillysimms wrote:
Jul 13th, 2018 1:11 am
PC Financial website does seem to show current cardholders are eligible for the bonus until August 10. Screenshot is attached.
Link pls

I looked at the PC Financial Website, before I posted my Reply # 8767 above
https://www.pcfinancial.ca

Still not seeing this particular promo FOR ALL on that website

Agree tho it does say it in the pic you posted... just want to know where to find that
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7285 posts
790 upvotes
GTA
PointsHubby wrote:
Jul 13th, 2018 1:27 am
Link pls

I looked at the PC Financial Website, before I posted my Reply # 8767 above
https://www.pcfinancial.ca

Still not seeing this particular promo FOR ALL on that website

Agree tho it does say it in the pic you posted... just want to know where to find that
Here is the link:

https://www.pcfinancial.ca/m/en/campaig ... /whyjoin3/

If you click on 'already a customer' it will direct you to the spot I made the screenshot of.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
5534 posts
3115 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
sillysimms wrote:
Jul 13th, 2018 1:41 am
Here is the link:

If you click on 'already a customer' it will direct you to the spot I made the screenshot of.
Awesome thanks... still wondering WHY one cannot find this Offer / Page when going directly to the PC Financial website

Did you get to it via a link from Shoppers ?

Just wondering how you found it / came upon it...

ADD ...

Honestly, if PC Financial had half a brain wanting to promote their CC... which we hear to be true... with big push on in stores etc, trying to get Customers to realize the benefits & linkages with all Brands & Chains (PC+ Loblaws Group - Shoppers Drugmart Group - Mobil Canada - and soon Esso Canada) ya think they’d do a better job in their promotions
Apr 19, 2017
197 posts
71 upvotes
Is Esso the same as the new Superstore Mobil stations?

Got an offer to fill up at esso up to 4 times to get 5000 points each time I fill at least $40 worth off fuel (for a total of 20k pts). This turns out to be cheaper than Mobil 7c/L + 3%. I believe Esso is only 2c/L in points and 3% but the 5000pts for $40 value makes up quite a bit more than the 7c/L.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
5534 posts
3115 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
plans4canada wrote:
Jul 13th, 2018 2:30 am

Got an offer to fill up at esso up to 4 times to get 5000 points each time I fill at least $40 worth off fuel (for a total of 20k pts). This turns out to be cheaper than Mobil 7c/L + 3%. I believe Esso is only 2c/L in points and 3% but the 5000pts for $40 value makes up quite a bit more than the 7c/L.
Re - Esso Canada & Mobil Canada

Similar but different. Mobil Canada Stations are going to be limited to wherever there were previously PC+ Loblaws Group Gas Bars (ie previously branded such as No Frills Gas - RCSS Gas - Loblaws Gas etc)

Mobil Stations are already being re-signed, and have been continuing their PCO Benefits

Esso Partnership is going to be with EVERY Esso Gas Station in Canada. Right now they are testing the roll out with SELECT PCO Members who have PCO Financial CCs... so count yourself lucky if you’ve got a PCO Offer for Esso... you are in a very tiny group

After the test roll out, we assume Esso & PCO will make a definitive announcement about the launch for the rest of us

You can compare current perks & earns on the PC MCs Page here
https://www.pcfinancial.ca/m/english/cr ... dit-cards/

And note the Summer 2018 SDM Bonuses here
Nov 7, 2017
127 posts
95 upvotes
I was just wondering because I do have a 20x coupon and also have a grandparent. Trying to grab a switch on a Senior day or even a friends and family sale.

Thank you

Moderator note: Heading should read Can you stack 20x Optimum app coupon with seniors 20% off discount? (this question was merged with main Optimum thread)
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jul 13th, 2018 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added note
Oct 9, 2011
502 posts
193 upvotes
GTA
plans4canada wrote:
Jul 13th, 2018 2:30 am

I thought it was 40L not $40.
2 x Zoomer Wireless $36 loyalty plans - 4 GB of data!
4 x Freedom Mobile plans
Ask me anything about Zoomer or Freedom
Ecobee 3 Lite curtesy of Green On (ie tax payers)

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 3 guests)

Birdman