Shopping Discussion

PC Optimum Discussion Thread (formerly PC Plus)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2018 8:18 am
Oct 14, 2017
583 posts
330 upvotes
GTA
trellaine201 wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 2:45 pm
Ok currently I see the 10,000 pits for spending $40 with a SDM banner.

Underneath that I see the current offers but no banners.

So those are good at any store?

Thanks
They are good at any chain within the Loblaws group that participates in PC Optimum. T&T comes to mind as one that doesn't.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
3893 posts
580 upvotes
Richmond
grumble grumble. had to explain for the cashier at shoppers today.
Me : hands her pc mastercard as pc optimum card
Cashier : optimum card ?
Me: This is my pc optimum card. Press pc opt pinpad
Cashier: oh sorry. *hits button*
Me: Taps Pc Mc.

For shoppers employee it's the exact same button for Loblaws banners minus Tnt employees. At least that I saw at the self checkout at shoppers. I don't really know why it is so hard to press a button.
Jun 6, 2009
387 posts
36 upvotes
Thanks for the tips guys.
pokee99 wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 12:40 pm
What did you buy? How many points is the "maximum value you can earn"? If there is a maximum, should this not be documented somewhere so we don't waste our time???

If you have the written proof of the promo, no documentation that contradicts it, there's no way they should be able to deny it - other than the standard "we have the right to change this offer at any time" BS that seems standard with all promos.
$1800 worth of electronics. I had gotten the 20X points from the event this past Saturday and inquiring about my "points per dollar spent on electronics" offer.

The PC Optimum representative hasn't yet responded to my request for them to either approve or decline the points beyond the ambiguous "we can set a maximum value from time to time" BS.
Sep 9, 2017
695 posts
381 upvotes
Winnipeg
KDSet wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 5:33 pm

$1800 worth of electronics. I had gotten the 20X points from the event this past Saturday and inquiring about my "points per dollar spent on electronics" offer.

The PC Optimum representative hasn't yet responded to my request for them to either approve or decline the points beyond the ambiguous "we can set a maximum value from time to time" BS.
Good luck and let us know how you make out! Those were 2 legitimate offers which should have stacked. May I suggest you take a screenshot of the electronics offer, before it expires tonight? Just in case PC Optimum claims ignorance of the offer as their next denial tactic, and asks you to prove its existence.
Aug 7, 2018
1 posts
Have a question regarding the SDM Seniors’ discount. Tomorrow is Seniors’ day at SDM and it says that they get 20% off of all regular items, with the standard exceptions. I have seen some people in the thread calculate a discount on an item such as the Nintendo Switch, with a discount being $80.

Under terms and conditions, it says that the maximum seniors’ discount is $50. Has anyone had any experience with this or is this a YMMV?
Dec 3, 2017
906 posts
570 upvotes
Guelph, ON
bluebellrose wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 4:46 pm
grumble grumble. had to explain for the cashier at shoppers today.
Me : hands her pc mastercard as pc optimum card
Cashier : optimum card ?
Me: This is my pc optimum card. Press pc opt pinpad
Cashier: oh sorry. *hits button*
Me: Taps Pc Mc.

For shoppers employee it's the exact same button for Loblaws banners minus Tnt employees. At least that I saw at the self checkout at shoppers. I don't really know why it is so hard to press a button.
Poor training, Loblaw does a shit job training their cashiers, in fact when I first started none of the PC Plus buttons were labelled so I had to just remember (or guess) which one it is.
I like credit unions. Proud DUCA member!
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
4876 posts
2644 upvotes
KDSet wrote:
pokee99 wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 12:40 pm
What did you buy? How many points is the "maximum value you can earn"? If there is a maximum, should this not be documented somewhere so we don't waste our time???

If you have the written proof of the promo, no documentation that contradicts it, there's no way they should be able to deny it - other than the standard "we have the right to change this offer at any time" BS that seems standard with all promos.
KDSet wrote:

Truth is SDM has a history of doing crazy things...

On the complicated side... enforcing limits on items with Points (ie Milk)

Or on the simplistic side, not allowing WUS (When You Spend) Offers to stack...

Guessing it was one of these 2 that was the downfall to getting the Missing Points from the Electronics Offer to stack with the 20x the Points Event

For kicks, I checked out the recent SDM Flyer that advertised this 20x the Points Instore Offer (Saturday ~ August 4th) and found this disclaimer (NEW ?) in the T&Cs on Page 10 of said Flyer

Cannot be combined with any other PC Optimum Points Promotions or Offers or Points Earning Rates based on Payment Method.

IMO, that gives SDM an out just about whenever they wish as far as stacking / double dipping for points.

If you are to try again, I would do so WITHOUT any reference to the previous PCO Earns on the transaction, and no links to the previous inquiries / replies, and probably go other channels than linking via the website or App to the transaction record. Just file a seperate Missing Points Inquiry or call the CSR Line directly.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
3893 posts
580 upvotes
Richmond
jacnel wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 6:40 pm
Poor training, Loblaw does a shit job training their cashiers, in fact when I first started none of the PC Plus buttons were labelled so I had to just remember (or guess) which one it is.
All the cashiers get a cheat sheet. Its more like shoppers employees didn't get it while loblaws got it. Maybe it's because my RCSS is corporate and shoppers is franchise.

For PC PLUS there's was a really big in your face cheat sheet glued to the keyboard
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
13083 posts
5485 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
bluebellrose wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 11:55 pm
Maybe it's because my RCSS is corporate and shoppers is franchise.
I don't know how the PCO program is funded. I imagine it's a corporate expense. If so the individual stores should be indifferent as to whether or not a customer gets points since the store isn't paying for them, at least not directly.

However the whole, um, point of the PCO program is to drive more sales. So each store should have an incentive to try to award as many points as possible in order to keep their customers happy. Every time a customer leaves with fewer points than they believe they deserve, whether or not they do a points inquiry, gives that customer another reason to no longer shop at that store. With many Loblaw-chain grocery and SDM drug stores packed closely in urban areas, especially in ON, an SDM franchisee should be very careful to not lose customers due to their staff's incompetence in giving customers all the points they deserve. After all there's likely another Loblaw or SDM a short drive away.
veni, vidi, Visa
Dec 3, 2017
906 posts
570 upvotes
Guelph, ON
bluebellrose wrote:
Aug 8th, 2018 11:55 pm
All the cashiers get a cheat sheet. Its more like shoppers employees didn't get it while loblaws got it. Maybe it's because my RCSS is corporate and shoppers is franchise.

For PC PLUS there's was a really big in your face cheat sheet glued to the keyboard
All you get is a cheat sheet with codes on it, doesn’t list anything to do with pc Optimum, also every Loblaws I’ve been too doesn’t have a cheat sheet for pc Optimum just sometimes labelled buttons.

I wouldn’t be surprised if shoppers doesn’t train well.
I like credit unions. Proud DUCA member!
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1247 posts
372 upvotes
KDSet wrote:

WHO wrote:
Aug 5th, 2018 3:50 pm
Got a 10,000 pts offer for Mobil. Title said 10k pts for 50$ gas, offer text said 10k points for 40$ gas, what a mess. I didn't take a chance and filled 50$, no pts other than the 2¢/L standard offer on the receipt. I'll keep the receipt and the screen shot of the offer and wait since you ended up getting your bonus pts 2 days later...

For anyone wondering, Mobil accepted the PC gift card (as they did back when they were Gas Bar). So, even though they're not Loblaw owned or branded anymore, they still appear to accept the PC gift cards. The only thing that changed, really, is that the price is higher now that it's Mobil. All that implies is that I won't go anymore unless there's a PCO offer or if I get good deals on PC gift cards.
Did you ever end up getting these points? I haven't. I messaged them 5 days ago and they say it's a know problem and will be resolved. It wasn't, messaged them again yesterday and they said they looked into my account......and said I didn't have an offer... So basically accused me of lying, I replied back with screenshots I took on the day I went to fill up, send them two, one of with the offer on the bottom of all my offers, and one with the details of the offer in full screen, they better fix it.

Also, regarding the offer, something weird was happening with it. Initially showed as $40 in both title and description, then $50 in title and $40 in description, then $50 in both, and back to $40 in both. I took screenshots of it just in case as well. Spent $43 on gas so they better give them to me.
May 3, 2008
521 posts
166 upvotes
Markham
I did not receive any SDM deal this week ? Am I alone ? All I did was didnt use coupon to buy milk last week....
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
13083 posts
5485 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
I didn't either. But from what I've seen of the PCO program over the past several months this is hardly unusual.
veni, vidi, Visa
Mar 18, 2007
616 posts
165 upvotes
20x Milk Coupons @ SDM?
I've been getting and using these weekly for a few months so I get my milk @ SDM.
Was away few weeks back and didn't use the offer. The next week, I did not get the offer so I bought milk there without the offer expecting one again this week but got zilch.
Are people still getting this offer in their PCO Offers this & last week?
Am I done with stopping in @ SDM weekly for milk (always end up buying more stuff when I'm there)
Sep 9, 2017
695 posts
381 upvotes
Winnipeg
WalterQ wrote:
Aug 9th, 2018 10:45 am
20x Milk Coupons @ SDM?
I've been getting and using these weekly for a few months so I get my milk @ SDM.
Was away few weeks back and didn't use the offer. The next week, I did not get the offer so I bought milk there without the offer expecting one again this week but got zilch.
Are people still getting this offer in their PCO Offers this & last week?
Am I done with stopping in @ SDM weekly for milk (always end up buying more stuff when I'm there)
I was getting it every week, up until today. No milk coupon for me this week.

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 2 guests)

cappaj, akaManny