Shopping Discussion

PC Optimum Discussion Thread (formerly PC Plus)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2018 2:33 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
3390 posts
1275 upvotes
Today, I got a personal text 10K for $50 and then in my PCO weekly offer, I have 15K for $50, can they be combined? I would think not but just to check with everyone else here just in case they could
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6658 posts
4187 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
mkl38s wrote:
Oct 9th, 2018 9:00 am
Today, I got a personal text 10K for $50 and then in my PCO weekly offer, I have 15K for $50, can they be combined? I would think not but just to check with everyone else here just in case they could
See my Reply # 9927 on Page 662 for a similar posed question

SDM’s official word seems to be NO STACKING for Department or Total Store Offers

But I think the easiest rule of thumb is anything that is a WUS Offer (uses the wording WHEN YOU SPEND)
Or impacts the Bottom Line (total amount at the cash register)

ADD - If they both work on the same day (check the dates... cause the PCO App / Website often shows “coming attractions”)
Make sure if you do shop... check your bill... that you get credited for the one that is the best offer / Earn
It should happen automatically... but at SDM sometimes it doesn’t
Then you got to file a Missing Points Inquiry
Last edited by PointsHubby on Oct 9th, 2018 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 14, 2017
759 posts
481 upvotes
GTA
PointsHubby wrote:
Oct 9th, 2018 8:25 am
So ya generally speaking ... Multipliers like 20x are a way better bang for ones SDM Buck
Vs any of their Earn x amount of points When You Spend $ y

But it always is smart to do the math to understand where the sweet spot lies to maximize one’s earnings
This seems to me to be somewhat over-generalized. While I agree that 20x is better than most x points WUS $y offers, I wouldn't say the same thing about other "multipliers like 20x" which are mostly if not all smaller afaik, like 15x.

If the first part of the quote was highly accurate, it would make the second less important.
Dec 27, 2016
432 posts
459 upvotes
mkl38s wrote:
Oct 9th, 2018 7:32 am
For shoppers, is 20x on $50 or more the same as 15K points for $50 purchase assuming you buy exactly $50?
It’s not the same. If you spend $50 you still get 750 base points with the 15k wus $50 offer for 15,750 vs only 15,000 with the 20x offer.
After $53 and up the 20x returns more points.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
3390 posts
1275 upvotes
I just got an email offer 25K for purchasing $75 or more from SDM/beauty on my PCF MC. But I am also PCInsider member and I would get 20x regular points for buying from beauty boutique. Does it mean I will get 50K points for buying $75 or more from SDM/beauty?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6658 posts
4187 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
mkl38s wrote:
Oct 9th, 2018 2:46 pm
I just got an email offer 25K for purchasing $75 or more from SDM/beauty on my PCF MC. But I am also PCInsider member and I would get 20x regular points for buying from beauty boutique. Does it mean I will get 50K points for buying $75 or more from SDM/beauty?
Have you asked this question on the thread dedicated to the PCO PC Insiders Program ?
pc-insiders-paid-membership-99-per-year ... h-2144938/

IMO best place to get it answered from a wider assortment of RFDers who have actual experience
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6635 posts
1322 upvotes
I get text point offers from Shoppers and emailed offers from Superstore. Is there a way to get offers from the Independent chain?

When I was buying my Thanksgiving turkey one of the meat department employees mentioned there had been a points offer for turkey the week before. He said the offer was not in the flyer but you got it through the app. It didn't sound like he meant a tailored offer.

Anybody know how to get these offers from Independent (YIG or Your Independent Grocer).
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
13594 posts
2336 upvotes
TheHans wrote:
Oct 7th, 2018 5:05 pm
I have three receipts. Two are from the RCSS for $5.24 and $1.94. One is from the No Frills for $9.01. These amounts are NOT including any tax and are AFTER any and all discounts/redemptions. I have three points entries, two say "Loblaws Rewards" and one says "Mastercard Rewards." They are for 104 points and 38 points for the "Loblaws Rewards" ones and 139 points for the "Mastercard Rewards" one. When I figure out the points myself, I get (rounded) 157 points, 58 points and 270 points for the totals without tax X 30 points.

Then there's the SDM one -- that receipts is for $3.96 with the tax removed and after redemptions. From what I understand from reading here, SDM rounds down. So I'm figuring 90 points from the MC for the $3 X 30 points. BUT there is an entry for 136 points for "SDM Rewards" and then even another for "Shoppers Drug Mart 10X Bonus Rewards" for 612 points. But why? I have zero idea why there are 10X bonus rewards.
I was looking at my points yesterday and I am similarly puzzled. It should be 30 points per dollar at Loblaw's stores, and 15+30 at SDM.

From what I see, $5.24 = 104, $1.94 = 38, and $9.01 = 139. The first two match up, sort of: you are earning at a 2% rate (20 points per dollar), except it doesn't round off. The other 10 points per dollar should be part of your "Mastercard Rewards" entry.

Here are some of my recent transactions and points. I am paying with the PCWE card:

$2.25 at Shoppers = 15 SDM base points, 46 SDM bonus points, and 23 bonus MC points.
$4.49 at Shoppers = 60 SDM base points, 90 SDM bonus points, 45 bonus MC points.
$15.66 at RCSS = 314 Loblaws bonus points, 157 bonus MC points.
$2.50 at Loblaws = 50 Loblaws bonus points, 25 bonus MC points.

Missing the obvious fact that I'm not getting the 10x bonus at SDM, the 30 points per dollar is being divided up into 2 entries of "10% of the purchase price + 20% of the purchase price back in points". The problem is that the 10% entry displays once per day, so it'll combine ALL your purchases. So for example, I went to RCSS and Loblaw's on the same day so instead of 157 and 25, I get one "bonus MC" entry of 182. Yet the bonus Loblaw's points are given separately.

It's all terribly confusing.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Jul 24, 2018
195 posts
78 upvotes
Southern Ontario
On my last grocery shopping trip to No Frills, I used four offers. But two of them didn't get deleted from my available offers. One was a "wus" offer and the other was a "per item" offer.

Anyone else seeing this sort of thing? Not the first time it's happened for me, either.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2017
1018 posts
739 upvotes
Winnipeg
TheRedViper wrote:
Oct 9th, 2018 4:17 pm
On my last grocery shopping trip to No Frills, I used four offers. But two of them didn't get deleted from my available offers. One was a "wus" offer and the other was a "per item" offer.

Anyone else seeing this sort of thing? Not the first time it's happened for me, either.
Yes, I’ve noticed a couple of time offers remaining loaded after I used them.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
3390 posts
1275 upvotes
Kelly M wrote:
Oct 9th, 2018 4:44 pm
Yes, I’ve noticed a couple of time offers remaining loaded after I used them.
Are you sure the offer was on the receipt? because when this happened to me, it's not even applied (e.g. 200pts for every $1 on Carrots, Joe Fresh, corns, etc) and each time I had to go online and requested the missing points.
Jul 24, 2018
195 posts
78 upvotes
Southern Ontario
mkl38s wrote:
Oct 9th, 2018 4:58 pm
Are you sure the offer was on the receipt? because when this happened to me, it's not even applied (e.g. 200pts for every $1 on Carrots, Joe Fresh, corns, etc) and each time I had to go online and requested the missing points.
I track my points like a hawk. That's how I noticed that I both got the points and the offer didn't get deleted.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2017
1018 posts
739 upvotes
Winnipeg
mkl38s wrote:
Oct 9th, 2018 4:58 pm
I’ve had both situations happen.
1. Offer didn’t trigger, I didn’t get the points, and the offer remained in my list.
2. Offer did trigger, I got the correct points, and the offer still remained in my list. Just last week in fact.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
8600 posts
1908 upvotes
London
TheRedViper wrote:

Yeah, I think some of the offers are evergreen, but I haven't noticed if they are marked that way, or if it's even intentional.
Perhaps some offers in our personalized lists are actual system wide offers that are duplicated and available to everyone?
Oct 14, 2017
759 posts
481 upvotes
GTA
TheRedViper wrote:

Between my wife's account and mine, I'd say this has happened three or four times in the past four to six weeks.