Shopping Discussion

PC Optimum Discussion Thread (formerly PC Plus)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2018 2:33 pm
Nov 12, 2012
320 posts
109 upvotes
Port Moody
mkl38s wrote:
Oct 9th, 2018 2:46 pm
I just got an email offer 25K for purchasing $75 or more from SDM/beauty on my PCF MC. But I am also PCInsider member and I would get 20x regular points for buying from beauty boutique. Does it mean I will get 50K points for buying $75 or more from SDM/beauty?
I got this too - and I believe the insiders points are separate from the PCFMC bonus points (the first will likely take about 10 days to post, and the latter up to 6 weeks).

I spent $76 on the website yesterday, so I have those points coming PLUS I got 56,000 from my purchase (I had a personal 20x offer loaded, a product bonus, plus I got the 25K regular optimum bonus from spending over $75 on the website) - so the grand total for this purchase at the end of the day will be over 100,000 points.

In other words, if it posts the way I think it should, I MADE money on that purchase. Is that even possible? Will they cap my bonuses, or will they be unable to do that since they're coming from different sources?

My order hasn't shipped yet, so no points have posted yet. I hope this doesn't mess with my bonus - or fulfillment issues mess with it. It's my first online order, so we shall see...
Jun 25, 2018
37 posts
31 upvotes
Southern NB
PointsHubby wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 9:34 pm
Awesome post
And so kind of you to share info & knowledge with other RFDers

Gotta say tho, this looks like a lot of work
Not that it isn’t worth it / important to stay on top of pending & posted
But it is a ton of work
Thanks for the response. We're all in this game together.
I can understand how people get confused with the display entries @ PCO. It why I did up my sheet.
The spreadsheet wasn't so bad for me, but that's me. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes There is more to the sheet, but i didn't show the percentages of points/transaction/dollars spent.
Hey, i'm a numbers nut. There are another 8 or 9 columns to the right. :facepalm:

I only need to enter the yellow cells and a couple are only for Esso, and a couple are only for SDM.
The PCMC 90 was only short lived but i leave it there if'n they do it again .
The issue that is a pain for me is that i have to check it against PCOs site frequently.
Cause, If I let it go too long, like a week, depending on CC usage, It becomes hard to decipher their groupings on the PCMC 10pts /$.
So i tend to do it up on point night like tonight when i'm pushing offers etc.
My only beef with PCMC is each purchase should be a separate entry. That would make it a breeze.
PCMC does not seem to be an issue points wise. The only points i miss getting are personal offers that do not activate , normally at shoppers.

FYI. Since you do not experience PCMC points. Here is a sample of the grouping that can occur and the jingering of the order than may need to be done.
In this image 1295 and 235 showed as single daily entry @ PCO. Even though the purchase dates are different, because of merchants individual systems, they get posted/processed on the same day.

2018-10-11_011505.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2003
8967 posts
1038 upvotes
Vancouver
I had (and still have) a targetted 20x points WYS >$50. I spent $60+ on halloween candy then paid by redeeming $60 worth of points and then $6-something on my PCMC. I only got 45 points. Did I mess it up by paying with points?
General Radek had some good ideas.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6658 posts
4187 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
1226 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 12:58 am
I had (and still have) a targetted 20x points WYS >$50. I spent $60+ on halloween candy then paid by redeeming $60 worth of points and then $6-something on my PCMC. I only got 45 points. Did I mess it up by paying with points?
Ya at SDM Points Earned on Transactions only happen AFTER Redemptions
So your When You Spend >$ 50 Offer did not go thru... cause you only spent $ 6-something
Nov 13, 2017
149 posts
86 upvotes
1226 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 12:58 am
At SDM, points redemption is not qualified for earning more points.
You only get points on the portion that you are actually paying for.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6635 posts
1322 upvotes
Some interesting Special Offers this week, Frontera Bowls 2000 points, Swiffer products 5000 for every $20 spend, new PC Ready Veggies 1200 points (limit of 2), another offer of 1500 points for Haagen Dasz Non Dairy frozen dessert, I think the third time I've gotten this one.

Offer for 200 points for every $1 spent on fresh poultry. I might have to buy another one of the fresh PC Butter-Infused turkeys that are marked down to 99 cents a pound at Superstore. I cook and freeze for soup, pasta, curry, feed my cats, etc.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2003
8967 posts
1038 upvotes
Vancouver
PointsHubby wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 1:28 am
Ya at SDM Points Earned on Transactions only happen AFTER Redemptions
So your When You Spend >$ 50 Offer did not go thru... cause you only spent $ 6-something
DGSSSG wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 1:29 am
At SDM, points redemption is not qualified for earning more points.
You only get points on the portion that you are actually paying for.
Crap, just when I think I have this thing figured out. Do you think I'll have a shot with a points inquiry or should I just return and re-buy?
General Radek had some good ideas.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6658 posts
4187 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
bonterra wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 1:40 am
Some interesting Special Offers this week, Frontera Bowls 2000 points, Swiffer products 5000 for every $20 spend, new PC Ready Veggies 1200 points (limit of 2), another offer of 1500 points for Haagen Dasz Non Dairy frozen dessert, I think the third time I've gotten this one.

Offer for 200 points for every $1 spent on fresh poultry. I might have to buy another one of the fresh PC Butter-Infused turkeys that are marked down to 99 cents a pound at Superstore. I cook and freeze for soup, pasta, curry, feed my cats, etc.
Our offers this week are decent, in that the majority is for stuff we actually buy.
Best of the lot (as far as timing) is on Bulk Foods
Good time to stock up on Baking Supplies... like Nuts, Dried Fruits, Chocolate etc

SO seems thrilled with their offers, mostly SDM centric
Makeup & Girlie Stuff
Said something about good timing for Fall etc
Nov 11, 2016
610 posts
342 upvotes
Halifax
1226 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 1:54 am
Crap, just when I think I have this thing figured out. Do you think I'll have a shot with a points inquiry or should I just return and re-buy?
Hmmm - I am thinking no shot with a points inquiry. You may have to return - but I do not have experience with getting points back - IF you paid with them. It must be doable.
No matter how you feel about Christmas, you can't help but appreciate the beauty of the Pentatonix Christmas music.
Nov 11, 2016
610 posts
342 upvotes
Halifax
OK... this is a weird one...
Thursday night : Commenting to husband that we always seem to be at 290,000 points no matter what.
He uses 30,000 points the next day .
The receipt shows the balance as 260,000 points - which makes sense.
The system shows this one use - but the balance goes to 230,000 points.
Has anyone ever seen anything like this ?

I was thinking about the spreadsheet idea to track the balance - or maybe just take a picture every Friday.
I am sure I am wrong somehow .
I put in a points inquiry but I am sure it will just puzzle them.
No matter how you feel about Christmas, you can't help but appreciate the beauty of the Pentatonix Christmas music.
Deal Guru
Jan 7, 2002
14036 posts
6450 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
rdiamond1 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 8:31 am
In the app or on the website, go to Account -> Points. That should show all your transactions in the past 45 days, including the 30,000 pts redemption(s).
veni, vidi, Visa [!Brim]
Oct 14, 2017
759 posts
481 upvotes
GTA
Niroxu wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 7:41 pm
I feel like it's taking up promo slots that could be filled by Superstore promos, which is where I shop 99% of the time.
Is your feeling based on anything substantive? I don't remember seeing anything that would seem to support it.
Oct 14, 2013
418 posts
284 upvotes
I just received my first offer for 20x pts on milk at SDM!!! Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes
Oct 3, 2018
172 posts
159 upvotes
GTA
pishahasha wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 11:02 am
I just received my first offer for 20x pts on milk at SDM!!! Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes
Yes, the 20 x milk offers are the best! And if you keep buying milk, the promo will keep appearing :)

Also great if you get a Food, Drink, Snack Bonus offer for $10 purchase to stack when you get milk at the same time, BONUS!!
Oct 11, 2012
68 posts
39 upvotes
rdiamond1 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 8:31 am
Thursday night : Commenting to husband that we always seem to be at 290,000 points no matter what.
He uses 30,000 points the next day .
The receipt shows the balance as 260,000 points - which makes sense.
The system shows this one use - but the balance goes to 230,000 points.
Has anyone ever seen anything like this ?

I was thinking about the spreadsheet idea to track the balance - or maybe just take a picture every Friday.
I am sure I am wrong somehow .
I put in a points inquiry but I am sure it will just puzzle them.
A short while ago I did a points inquiry for 4000 points that I was missing. I was subsequently awarded the points but then a day later I got an additional 4000 points that I didn’t earn. I didn’t want to go through the hassle of letting them know of their error so I just left it. Fast forward to last week and I noticed my balance had been debited 4000 points with no explanation. Obviously they caught the error and made the correction.

Is there a chance you were inadvertently credited with 30,000 points you didn’t actually earn?