Shopping Discussion

PC Optimum Discussion Thread (formerly PC Plus)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2018 10:24 am
Nov 11, 2016
493 posts
242 upvotes
Halifax
AllenWayne wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 12:46 pm
A short while ago I did a points inquiry for 4000 points that I was missing. I was subsequently awarded the points but then a day later I got an additional 4000 points that I didn’t earn. I didn’t want to go through the hassle of letting them know of their error so I just left it. Fast forward to last week and I noticed my balance had been debited 4000 points with no explanation. Obviously they caught the error and made the correction.

Is there a chance you were inadvertently credited with 30,000 points you didn’t actually earn?
Hhhmmmmm I was thinking along that line as well. I am going to go check back in History - it should be an easy number to find.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
5555 posts
3137 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
1226 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 1:54 am
Crap, just when I think I have this thing figured out. Do you think I'll have a shot with a points inquiry or should I just return and re-buy?
Points Inquiry isn’t going to work... as you were awarded the Points correctly based on the transaction you did.
You could do a return... and try again.
But you should be aware that PCO’s Points Return Policy is complicated...
Not straight forward as one would assume

Here one Paragraph from the PCO Terms & Conditions = https://www.pcoptimum.ca/company-policy ... conditions
From Section 8 - Other Earning & Redemption Rule’s
If you return a purchase, your Account balance may be reduced by the number of PC Optimum points earned for that purchase at our sole discretion. If a refund or correction is applied to your Account, your Account balance will be adjusted up or down by the number of PC Optimum points related to the refund or correction, as applicable, and your Account balance may become negative. If you use a PC Financial Payment Product to pay for a purchase and subsequently return the purchase, the number of PC Optimum points deducted will be calculated based on the current earning rate of the PC Financial Payment Product at the time of the return, which may be different from the rate at the time of the purchase. Upon the return or exchange of purchases earned through the redemption of PC Optimum points at Participating Stores and Program Participants, all redeemed PC Optimum points will be forfeited and the member will receive the value of the returned product in the form of a gift card.
Personally, I have not done any Points Redemption Returns at SDM. So I have no personal experience to share.
But, I do not believe for a minute that it would not be complicated...
As it seems everything at SDM Group Stores is less straight forward / sensible than things at the PC+ Loblaws Group Stores
Nov 11, 2016
493 posts
242 upvotes
Halifax
AllenWayne wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 12:46 pm
A short while ago I did a points inquiry for 4000 points that I was missing. I was subsequently awarded the points but then a day later I got an additional 4000 points that I didn’t earn. I didn’t want to go through the hassle of letting them know of their error so I just left it. Fast forward to last week and I noticed my balance had been debited 4000 points with no explanation. Obviously they caught the error and made the correction.

Is there a chance you were inadvertently credited with 30,000 points you didn’t actually earn?
Well I did hear back from them today... that was quick ! This is the reply...
So I have to redo the inquiry on my husbands phone.
I still see only one withdrawal - 30,000 points - not 60,000

Funny that you think the bottom line will manage itself.

First and foremost we do apologize for the inconveniences this has caused.

We have reviewed your account and we can confirm the information in your email as to the 30,000 points have been taken out twice but unfortunately, this did not happen on your account. This took place on your household members account and we will need that member to contact us with a points inquiry email. As soon as we receive the email we will work on the account to correct the issue
Nov 12, 2012
268 posts
78 upvotes
Port Moody
PointsHubby wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 4:59 pm
Points Inquiry isn’t going to work... as you were awarded the Points correctly based on the transaction you did.
You could do a return... and try again.
But you should be aware that PCO’s Points Return Policy is complicated...
Not straight forward as one would assume

Here one Paragraph from the PCO Terms & Conditions = https://www.pcoptimum.ca/company-policy ... conditions
From Section 8 - Other Earning & Redemption Rule’s

Personally, I have not done any Points Redemption Returns at SDM. So I have no personal experience to share.
But, I do not believe for a minute that it would not be complicated...
As it seems everything at SDM Group Stores is less straight forward / sensible than things at the PC+ Loblaws Group Stores
Since ALL my purchases are bonus points qualifiers at Shoppers, I never do returns there. In fact, Shoppers is the ONLY store I've never done a return at! I have exchanged a beauty item but that's it!
Jan 9, 2014
36 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver
pishahasha wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 11:02 am
I just received my first offer for 20x pts on milk at SDM!!! Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes
Did you have to buy something ag sdm to trigger the first offer?
I notice I never get any sdm offers
Jan 9, 2014
36 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone got a PCFMC rep approach you at superstore offering to scan your MC to load a spend 100$ get 5000 point offer?
Nov 13, 2017
107 posts
58 upvotes
British Columbia
Pharmer wrote:
Oct 12th, 2018 12:46 am
Anyone got a PCFMC rep approach you at superstore offering to scan your MC to load a spend 100$ get 5000 point offer?
I met a PC Financial guy walking in RCSS with a tablet in the summer and I was told the same thing.
He swiped my card then tell me I can get 5000 pts when spend $100 or more.
The points didn't show up automatically so I ended up doing points inquiry. Customer service rep added the points without questioning.
Jan 9, 2014
36 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver
pokee99 wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 11:41 pm
I got this too - and I believe the insiders points are separate from the PCFMC bonus points (the first will likely take about 10 days to post, and the latter up to 6 weeks).

I spent $76 on the website yesterday, so I have those points coming PLUS I got 56,000 from my purchase (I had a personal 20x offer loaded, a product bonus, plus I got the 25K regular optimum bonus from spending over $75 on the website) - so the grand total for this purchase at the end of the day will be over 100,000 points.

In other words, if it posts the way I think it should, I MADE money on that purchase. Is that even possible? Will they cap my bonuses, or will they be unable to do that since they're coming from different sources?

My order hasn't shipped yet, so no points have posted yet. I hope this doesn't mess with my bonus - or fulfillment issues mess with it. It's my first online order, so we shall see...
Isn’t the regular 25k point from spending 75$ for in store purchase only?
Nov 11, 2016
493 posts
242 upvotes
Halifax
30,000 points were returned this morning.
This is what I think happened....
Transaction Total : 107 $
75 $ in gift cards
32 $ in groceries

My husband asked to pay for what was possible in points - and of course only 30 K would have been eligible - but the cashier put thru another 30 K which could not go towards the purchase but was removed from the account. It is funny it did not show up on the total on the receipt. And of course - the POINTS transacction can only show "-30,000 points" - which is what was actually used on the transaction. It could not show 60,000 points.
Nov 12, 2012
268 posts
78 upvotes
Port Moody
Pharmer wrote:
Oct 12th, 2018 1:01 am
Isn’t the regular 25k point from spending 75$ for in store purchase only?
I think the extra 25K was the personal offer loaded to my card... but who knows...

BUT...it's been 3 DAYS and my order still hasn't shipped!!! I called them and nothing appears wrong with the order...they tell me it will ship soon. Can't get ANY points until it ships!

Anyone have the same issue before with beautyboutique? Think the online PCFMC 25K bonus offer has backlogged their online ordering fulfillment/ shipping???
Oct 9, 2011
502 posts
193 upvotes
GTA
I`m not sure if this has been covered somewhere so here goes.

I recently got an offer to apply for (and got approved) my own PC WE MC and receive 75k PCO points on first purchase. During the application process, I was asked if I wanted to link the new PC MC to an existing PCO account and I said yes.

Before getting my own MC, I already have a supplementary PC WE Mastercard and it is connected to my PCO account and linked to a household. My question is whether I can have more than one MC linked to a particular PCO account or is my PCO account now only linked to my new PC MC?

TIA
2 x Zoomer Wireless $36 loyalty plans - 4 GB of data!
4 x Freedom Mobile plans
Ask me anything about Zoomer or Freedom
Ecobee 3 Lite curtesy of Green On (ie tax payers)
Oct 3, 2018
25 posts
17 upvotes
Pharmer wrote:
Oct 12th, 2018 12:44 am
Have you bought much at SDM? My hubby's card gets very few. However, mine does as I buy milk and eggs often at SDM. No egg offers .. usually buy on Saturdays/Sundays/Mondays to get the Special 1 Day/Weekend price, unless I have a $10 Food Purchase for a few thousand points.

Once you buy Milk at SDM, should trigger 20 x Milk Offer :)
Nov 13, 2017
107 posts
58 upvotes
British Columbia
pokee99 wrote:
Oct 12th, 2018 10:40 am
I think the extra 25K was the personal offer loaded to my card... but who knows...

BUT...it's been 3 DAYS and my order still hasn't shipped!!! I called them and nothing appears wrong with the order...they tell me it will ship soon. Can't get ANY points until it ships!

Anyone have the same issue before with beautyboutique? Think the online PCFMC 25K bonus offer has backlogged their online ordering fulfillment/ shipping???
My friend and I placed orders on Wednesday and both orders got shipped this morning and points added to our accounts.
Oct 14, 2013
383 posts
266 upvotes
Pharmer wrote:
Oct 12th, 2018 12:44 am
Funny I've never purchased milk at SDM but I shope there fairly regularly on 20x events, etc
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
5555 posts
3137 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
pishahasha wrote:
Oct 12th, 2018 12:39 pm
Funny I've never purchased milk at SDM but I shope there fairly regularly on 20x events, etc
I’ve found...
If you shop at SDM regularly, eventually one gets the 20x the Milk Offers
If you use the Milk Offers... they send you more

If you stop.

Then the process resets, and you have to start over until it triggers another Milk Offer

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

mzmoney