Shopping Discussion

PC Optimum Discussion Thread (formerly PC Plus)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2018 2:15 pm
Nov 11, 2016
556 posts
299 upvotes
Halifax
Have the 80,000 returned now... and in account.
Here is the Email

Thank you for contacting PC Optimum Member Care.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

We have reviewed your account and have made the adjustment of 80,000 PC Optimum points for the unwanted redemption. Your current balance as of October 26, 2018 is

What I don't like is the "unwanted redemption" ... it makes it sound like it is a return rather than a system error that allows DOUBLE redemption points that does NOT show up on the system.

We are trying to think of what to do to track the "TOTAL" and not just the individual transactions... that is easy.

For now, I have asked husband NOT to redeem points unless we take a picture BEFORE and AFTER - and the redemption is large.
He is not happy on this though... but I think it is the only way to keep track.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
3927 posts
609 upvotes
Richmond
mself084 wrote:
Oct 28th, 2018 6:33 am
Thanks! This was my thought too. I'm going to ask for a new optimum card and to remove the old one. I've never used a physical card before (always MasterCard) but the redemptions happen via the card, apparently.

I'll keep everyone posted. Hopefully a quick resolution but as I'm finding, if it's anything over $5 worth of points it takes weeks if not months to get a reply from PCO.
Possibly also call up pc mc and ask them to replace your card and that you believe that your card was compromised? That's the only way to change the pc mc number.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
3927 posts
609 upvotes
Richmond
Jonric wrote:
Oct 28th, 2018 12:27 pm
If you can, do this in a calm manner that doesn't make it easy for them to write off your comments as exaggerated ones like people can make when they're frustrated or angry. "Giving them a piece of your mind" can feel better in the short-term, but doing so makes negative feedback less likely to be taken seriously, not more.
lol it worked giving us words for the new self checkout layout .Thanks to everyone who did it and helped!

Although I'm surprised it took SDM this long to finally get their act together explaining new enrollments to new PCO members. lol what took them so long. They finally started telling people they need to register online lol.
Oct 28, 2018
1 posts
If you lose your card are the points automatically transferred rom the old card to the new one? The website just says to go pick a new card at the store and to call in to cancel the old card.
Oct 14, 2017
740 posts
456 upvotes
GTA
I saw on another saving site that PCO has finally added the ability for users to select an earn-only setting for each card, key tag and phone. It's on the website under the Cards tab, but not available through the app.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6255 posts
3846 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Masror wrote:
Oct 29th, 2018 1:04 pm
If you lose your card are the points automatically transferred rom the old card to the new one? The website just says to go pick a new card at the store and to call in to cancel the old card.
The FAQs say the first thing to do is phone in to DEACTIVATE the lost / missing PCO Card
No doubt that is to protect the points balance
https://loblaw.force.com/PCoptimumsuppo ... uage=en_US

I’d start there...
then they’ll no doubt tell you the next steps in the process to getting your account up & running again
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6255 posts
3846 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Jonric wrote:
Oct 29th, 2018 1:37 pm
I saw on another saving site that PCO has finally added the ability for users to select an earn-only setting for each card, key tag and phone. It's on the website under the Cards tab, but not available through the app.
Interesting...

I just took a look online, this great Feature from the OLD PC+ Program is back

AWESOME!!!!

ABout frickin time.
Added in with 2-Stage Verification, this should definitely cut down on some of the recent PCO Points Loss for both Collectors & the Program
Oct 14, 2017
740 posts
456 upvotes
GTA
PointsHubby wrote:
Oct 29th, 2018 2:07 pm
Interesting...

AWESOME!!!!

ABout frickin time.
Added in with 2-Stage Verification, this should definitely cut down on some of the recent PCO Points Loss for both Collectors & the Program
I completely agree that the earn-only feature is long overdue. I submitted some feedback to PCO soon after launch, and one of my top couple of items was that it should be implemented asap.

The big question I have is how many people won't use it for various reasons, the worst one being just because they can't be bothered. I also wonder how many people aren't using two-step verification. In the tiny sample I know about, it looks like less than half have turned it on.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
3927 posts
609 upvotes
Richmond
PointsHubby wrote:
Oct 29th, 2018 2:07 pm
Interesting...

AWESOME!!!!

ABout frickin time.
Off to update the op again
Nov 12, 2012
307 posts
98 upvotes
Port Moody
Is there an offer to earn 25k on a $75+ purchase for Oct. 28-30th?

I saw it on the website, but it doesn't specify if it's in store or online.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
2025 posts
445 upvotes
Frank510 wrote:
Oct 30th, 2018 9:35 am
Tuesday text offer.
4,000 wus $15 on snacks and food

Link

http://scratch.3c.com/wYbR6JQFKo8LhbrCs ... 5uMnWbA3k=
Got it today at 17:11. Kinda late for a today only offer.

Wasn't it 4,000 WUS $10 on food and snacks recently?
HSBC World Elite Mastercard
3% travel/1.5% everything else, Mastercard acceptance
31 day medical insurance, trip cxl, trip interrupt
Discuss here
Jan 20, 2013
146 posts
27 upvotes
Has anyone ever gotten an offer for almond butter? I buy it all the time (both the PC Blue Menu brand and the Maranatha brand) and haven't gotten a single offer for points.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
4641 posts
1657 upvotes
There used to be an occasional "natural foods" offer that would have applied to the Maranatha...interesting that that has not come up for anybody yet in the offers list thread.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

newfbc, Viracocha