Shopping Discussion

PC Optimum Discussion Thread (formerly PC Plus)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2018 2:36 am
Nov 11, 2016
554 posts
298 upvotes
Halifax
OK - I have to admit I have entered HUNDREDS of PIN codes over the years for various contests- never won a thing.

UNTIL TODAY !!! - I won a $ 50 Prepaid Mastercard from a Market Moments - Pay with Mastercards and you could win a priceless Aruba Trip Contest.

Pretty excited... kind of Karma like really....
Today I decided I have had enough of this Point/ Inquiry / Point / Inquiry cycle ... and went to Giant Tiger to buy Halloween treats. They were just about sold out but I picked up the last of it.
Cleaned out my purse later and found this the card from about a week back. Tried it and won...

Now feeling a bit guilty.... but quite happy all the same. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Banned
Oct 25, 2018
2 posts
Whoa! Just brutal. Hope this works out for you. There’s gotta be a special place in hell for hackers.
Oct 14, 2013
410 posts
280 upvotes
The points history on this program is so frustrating. I don't chase after the points from my mc for daily spend because it's just too much. But I know very clearly on the 31 of October, I made 2 transactions -- one for the dentist ($207) and one for gas ($142). My pc financial earn on that day show 404 and 1702. I don't understand how either of those make sense. THEN in addition, I have 3 pc financial earns for 1000 pts each! Anyone else have this? At first I thought it might be the points credited for my Petsmart GCs from SDM but then I remembered those were supposed to be 10000 pts and I only bought 2 $50 cards.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
1924 posts
588 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.
The points didn't make sense to me either. At some point, what I did was add all the points together for the points that posted en masse then added up all the receipts that I figured applied. And what was wrong was one receipt where hubby's PC MC was used to pay for something using MY Optimum account. Other than that, it all pretty-much added up. Now I'm keeping an extra eye on transactions where we use my Optimum card specifically. But other than that, whenever I look when points have posted they appear to be correct. One of the tips given to me was that for the PC MC, the 10 points per dollar posts as one entry, while if you have the 20 point card or 30 point card, that points difference (either 10 more or 20 more) posts as a separate transaction altogether. Also SDM bonus points ALSO post separately.

In your case, you'd get 10 points per dollar at the dentist using the PC MC regardless of the type of card, I think that's right. So if you add the 404 and 1702 points, they total 2,106 points. Your $207 dental bill @ 10 points per dollar equals 2,070 points. So maybe both points are for that for some reason. LOL, it's just a guess though.

But as I said, so far I'm finding if I add the points and receipts in bunches when a bunch of transactions post on Optimum, it adds up now. At least it has. That could change today haha.
"So let it be e-mailed - so let it be done!"
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
9116 posts
701 upvotes
Vancouver
I was surprised to see I received 8000 points after I got home from superstore! I have no idea how or why.

Purchase $40.70
Points from offers 1x 200 pts for every $2 spent on breads baked in store
8 x in store offers 8000 pts

Any idea why? Or how I find out?

Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6250 posts
3842 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
trellaine201 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 4:54 pm
I was surprised to see I received 8000 points after I got home from superstore! I have no idea how or why.

Purchase $40.70

Thanks
Coding that actually lists products are usually either Personal Offers
Or ones that are listed in the Flyers (so chainwide specific ... No Frills, Loblaws, RCSS, etc)

The coding without specifics usually comes up for Mgr Specials... items that perhaps ONLY the store you shopped at is offering points on

Unless you go back to the store, and look for signage at the item on the shelf, it’s pretty impossible to tell what it is you got the points for
Mgr Promos are usually signed with what are clearly signs made in store
Vs chain wide signage that tends to look way more professional / all the same
Last edited by PointsHubby on Nov 3rd, 2018 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 11, 2016
554 posts
298 upvotes
Halifax
trellaine201 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 4:54 pm

Purchase $40.70

On your receipt it must show a Quantity of 8 - of something ? Whatever that is, it has an in-store offer of 1000 points per item.

Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
9116 posts
701 upvotes
Vancouver
Ok, guess it doesn’t really matter. I was really surprised to see the jump in points. Thanks

And I never purchased 8 of anything. I just bought what I wanted. Didn’t look at signs much either.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
9116 posts
701 upvotes
Vancouver
Aww found my receipt! They must have made a mistake. It looks like they gave me 4000 points twice, instore offer on Evian water. I bought 4 bottles x $1.97. Underneath that item I see instore offer 4000 points and 4000 points.

So those were ultimately free I guess
Apr 8, 2017
163 posts
36 upvotes
I am new to PC program and need help understanding an app offer I got. The offer is 10000 for every 50$ spent, but they do not specify if its for shoppers or any store under Loblaws banner. Does it mean i can use it in RCSS?

TIA
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6250 posts
3842 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
ShuttleBoy wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 6:54 pm
I am new to PC program and need help understanding an app offer I got. The offer is 10000 for every 50$ spent, but they do not specify if its for shoppers or any store under Loblaws banner. Does it mean i can use it in RCSS?

TIA
Yup, if it is NOT BANNERED you can use it at any PCO Location

Actually surprised IF it’s not Bannered.
Cause WUS or 4EVERY Offers usually are

They’ll appear at the top of your Offers List
Are in FULL COLOUR
And have Coloured Bands, Logos and the words EXCLUSIVE on them

If it says 4EVERY $ 50 you spend, then it’s definitely an offer for the PC+ Group
As SDM Offers use the WUS Format in their wording (When You Spend)

FYI - for more info on any PCO Offer click on it... and the fine print will tell you everything you need to know
Apr 8, 2017
163 posts
36 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 7:06 pm
Yup, if it is NOT BANNERED you can use it at any PCO Location

Actually surprised IF it’s not Bannered.
Cause WUS or 4EVERY Offers usually are

They’ll appear at the top of your Offers List
Are in FULL COLOUR
And have Coloured Bands, Logos and the words EXCLUSIVE on them

If it says 4EVERY $ 50 you spend, then it’s definitely an offer for the PC+ Group
As SDM Offers use the WUS Format in their wording (When You Spend)

FYI - for more info on any PCO Offer click on it... and the fine print will tell you everything you need to know
I think mine can be used in any store then based on your description.

Thanks!
Screenshot_2018-11-03-19-08-33~2.png
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6616 posts
1311 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 5:05 pm
Coding that actually lists products are usually either Personal Offers
Or ones that are listed in the Flyers (so chainwide specific ... No Frills, Loblaws, RCSS, etc)

The coding without specifics usually comes up for Mgr Specials... items that perhaps ONLY the store you shopped at is offering points on

Unless you go back to the store, and look for signage at the item on the shelf, it’s pretty impossible to tell what it is you got the points for
Mgr Promos are usually signed with what are clearly signs made in store
Vs chain wide signage that tends to look way more professional / all the same
Well that explains some of the mystery points I've gotten. Thanks!!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6250 posts
3842 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
ShuttleBoy wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 7:12 pm
I think mine can be used in any store then based on your description.

Thanks!

Screenshot_2018-11-03-19-08-33~2.png
Hmmm... looks unbranded (no Store Name, no coloured band, no logos)
I get similar looking Personal Offers, but they ALWAYS come from Loblaws
With a Black Band, Loblaws in their trademark red writing, and the logo

No Frills banding is Blue & Yellow
RCSS banding is Blue & White
(See Page 396 for examples)

And Shoppers is of course Red
(See Page 405, Reply # 6071 for samples of that alongside just a regular Personal Offer)

When you click on the offer... what is the wording on the T&Cs ?
Apr 8, 2017
163 posts
36 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 9:05 pm
Hmmm... looks unbranded (no Store Name, no coloured band, no logos)
I get similar looking Personal Offers, but they ALWAYS come from Loblaws
With a Black Band, Loblaws in their trademark red writing, and the logo

No Frills banding is Blue & Yellow
RCSS banding is Blue & White
(See Page 396 for examples)

And Shoppers is of course Red
(See Page 405, Reply # 6071 for samples of that alongside just a regular Personal Offer)

When you click on the offer... what is the wording on the T&Cs ?
T&C does not mention a specific store...just the regular exclusions

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

FARMERBLANCHE