Shopping Discussion

PC Optimum Discussion Thread (formerly PC Plus)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2018 2:15 pm
Nov 11, 2016
556 posts
299 upvotes
Halifax
Suggestion for those of you who are close to a store with a Cooking Class :

Check for the Holiday Insiders Events :
Each Store does a Brunch and a Dinner Event ( two ).

The Brunch Menu :
German Salami Pretzel Bites
Asparagus Gruyere art
Pomegranate and Walnut Salad
Two Tone Chocolate Coconut Cookied with PC Ice Cream
Maple Cider Mules

Diner Menu
Butternut Squash Gnocchi with Creamyu Lemon Butter Sauce
Sheet Pan Maple Dijon Salmon and Asparagus served with Quinoa
Chcolate Hazelnut Buche de Notel
Non-alcohol Spiced Wine Sangria

The cost is $ 15 pls tax per person - some of it is hands on - it might be a good date night- and you can use your points to pay - they used to give a gift but I am not sure if they still do.

To check for store times and dates try :

https://www.pccookingschool.ca/LCLOnline/
Enter your Province and then the Store closest to you.

Also sometimes they sell out on-line but there are still seats available at the service desk.

The events start about Dec 5th and may go as late as Dec 20.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
1924 posts
589 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.
ShuttleBoy wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 7:12 pm
I think mine can be used in any store then based on your description.

Thanks!

Screenshot_2018-11-03-19-08-33~2.png
I'm not disagreeing with @PointsHubby, but if it were me -- considering all the confusion with this program since the changeover -- I'd call or chat with an Optimum rep prior to using it and confirm that it can be used at the RCSS, just in case. Get the rep's name in case there's any trouble and it ends up that the points aren't applied. You might even get the rep to put in the notes that they confirmed that with you. If Optimum says later on that the points weren't applied because the offer wasn't valid at the RCSS, you can cite the conversation with the rep and complain and you'll likely still get the points for that reason if no other.
"So let it be e-mailed - so let it be done!"
Apr 8, 2017
163 posts
36 upvotes
TheHans wrote:
Nov 4th, 2018 3:26 pm
I'm not disagreeing with @PointsHubby, but if it were me -- considering all the confusion with this program since the changeover -- I'd call or chat with an Optimum rep prior to using it and confirm that it can be used at the RCSS, just in case. Get the rep's name in case there's any trouble and it ends up that the points aren't applied. You might even get the rep to put in the notes that they confirmed that with you. If Optimum says later on that the points weren't applied because the offer wasn't valid at the RCSS, you can cite the conversation with the rep and complain and you'll likely still get the points for that reason if no other.
Good idea. Will do the chat to save the transcript
Jun 13, 2013
50 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Do we receive bonus 30 (or 120 for new cardholders) points per $ spent (using PC World Elite MC) on beauty.shoppersdrugmart.ca in addition to the 20x points during this week's promo?
Thanks.
Nov 13, 2017
129 posts
68 upvotes
Something weird happened to me this weekend with 2-step verification.

I got a new iPhone and have installed PC Optimum app on it. When I was signing in, it keeps showing " our apologies, unknown error has occurred". I've also tried on an Android phone and it had the same issue. In the meantime, I had no problem to log in from the website. I was wondering if it has anything to do with 2-step verification so I turned it off. Guess what? The app worked with no issue any more :facepalm:
I thought that was a system glitch with mobile app sign-in and 2-step verification. I phoned customer service this morning and reported my situation.

Hopefully they can fix the problem soon and I'll have to keep 2-step verification off for now.
Nov 11, 2016
556 posts
299 upvotes
Halifax
For today: A pretty low threshold value ( $ 40)- still some Halloween candy left !
Last edited by rdiamond1 on Nov 6th, 2018 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2001
3159 posts
1029 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
This been posted yet?

20x on Nov 10

25000 when spending $75 on Nov 11
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
9012 posts
8512 upvotes
I have the redeem 50k pts ore more to get 30% pts (15k pts) back in 2 weeks offer.
I am assuming that I will not get the 15 pts per $1 spending as I am not paying out of my pocket. Am I right?

I am planning buy couple of Oreo to get the flyer offer bonus 1000 pts.
Will I get the 1000 pts if I redeem my points to purchase the Oreo? Do I need to pay for it in order to get the 1000 pts?
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $30 plan, PM $41 6GB plan, PM $8 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $117/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6254 posts
3846 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
embguy wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 12:07 pm
I have the redeem 50k pts ore more to get 30% pts (15k pts) back in 2 weeks offer.
I am assuming that I will not get the 15 pts per $1 spending as I am not paying out of my pocket. Am I right?

I am planning buy couple of Oreo to get the flyer offer bonus 1000 pts.
Will I get the 1000 pts if I redeem my points to purchase the Oreo? Do I need to pay for it in order to get the 1000 pts?
Earn & Redeeming in the same transaction USUALLY works at PC+ Loblaws Group Stores
(As long as you have the Points to Redeem for Cash in your PCO Account... BEFORE the current transaction)
NEVER SEEMS to work at Shoppers

Individual Points with Purchase Offers on Items ... be they Personal or Instore Offers
Are also hit or miss at Shoppers when doing a Redemption

So it’s a case of YMMV
And ya it sucks... cause these days if you approach PCO for such missing points
The stock answer from them is “as per PCO T&Cs one cannot Earn & Redeem on the same transaction”
Which is indeed what the T&Cs say

If the Points on Oreos are important to you
Just put them thru as their own Transaction
More often than not that is what we are doing these days
Earning on Points Items
And Redeeming on No Points Items
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
9012 posts
8512 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 1:58 pm
Earn & Redeeming in the same transaction USUALLY works at PC+ Loblaws Group Stores
(As long as you have the Points to Redeem for Cash in your PCO Account... BEFORE the current transaction)
NEVER SEEMS to work at Shoppers

Individual Points with Purchase Offers on Items ... be they Personal or Instore Offers
Are also hit or miss at Shoppers when doing a Redemption

So it’s a case of YMMV
And ya it sucks... cause these days if you approach PCO for such missing points
The stock answer from them is “as per PCO T&Cs one cannot Earn & Redeem on the same transaction”
Which is indeed what the T&Cs say

If the Points on Oreos are important to you
Just put them thru as their own Transaction
More often than not that is what we are doing these days
Earning on Points Items
And Redeeming on No Points Items
Thanks. I will stack my 30% redeem points offer with senior discount 20% off today and forget about stacking other points offers.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $30 plan, PM $41 6GB plan, PM $8 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $117/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
Jul 30, 2013
28 posts
34 upvotes
I did a shoppers tour in Vancouver yesterday. For those looking for game consoles for this weekend's PC optimum offers:

Switch: Broadway near Laurel had at least 6 of them behind the register; Main St at W 17th Ave had at least a couple behind the register
2DS: Saw a bundle one at the Broadway/Laurel location
Xbox One: They had some in the back room at Broadway/Pine
PS4: Bought RDR2 pro bundle at Park Royal. It was in the back, not sure if they had more. They have a lot of game stuff at this store though; lots of controllers and games behind the counter on the 2nd floor

Be nice to the employees, sounds like they get hassled about video game stuff every time a new flyer comes out
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
13512 posts
2245 upvotes
Got an RCSS-exclusive offer this week: 2000 points for every $10 on toys, books, stationary, and electronics. Not bad.

Last week I got one (also RCSS only) for home prep, kitchen, and decor.

Also had a nice case of promo stacking: I had a deli meat and sausage offer, bought the sausages, and they counted on both offers.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Oct 3, 2018
128 posts
125 upvotes
Toronto
rdiamond1 wrote:
Nov 4th, 2018 2:41 pm
Suggestion for those of you who are close to a store with a Cooking Class :

Check for the Holiday Insiders Events :
Each Store does a Brunch and a Dinner Event ( two ).

The Brunch Menu :
German Salami Pretzel Bites
Asparagus Gruyere art
Pomegranate and Walnut Salad
Two Tone Chocolate Coconut Cookied with PC Ice Cream
Maple Cider Mules

Diner Menu
Butternut Squash Gnocchi with Creamyu Lemon Butter Sauce
Sheet Pan Maple Dijon Salmon and Asparagus served with Quinoa
Chcolate Hazelnut Buche de Notel
Non-alcohol Spiced Wine Sangria

The cost is $ 15 pls tax per person - some of it is hands on - it might be a good date night- and you can use your points to pay - they used to give a gift but I am not sure if they still do.

To check for store times and dates try :

https://www.pccookingschool.ca/LCLOnline/
Enter your Province and then the Store closest to you.

Also sometimes they sell out on-line but there are still seats available at the service desk.

The events start about Dec 5th and may go as late as Dec 20.
You're making me hungry!

Is this the same as the Cooking Demo Classes:

What’s for Dinner?

13h00-14h00

We are now offering our “cooking demonstration at a value of $15! Join us for this class and you will not only receive great tips on preparing quick and easy meal ideas, but watch as our President’s Choice Chef shows you the steps in creating the menu of the day. As you sample the great meal idea, we will provide you with the recipe, and of course, your $10 President’s Choice Gift Card!

Cost
=$15 - $10 PC Gift Card
=$5 per person

Sounds good to me, if menu is like the one you describe, tasting is more than a tiny bite and there are no restrictions on the $10 PC Gift Card :)

p.s. just noticed this class runs at 1 - 2 pm; guess you're supposed to buy all the ingredients after class and go home to make it? lol

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

newfbc, Viracocha