Shopping Discussion

Locked: PC Optimum Discussion Thread (formerly PC Plus)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2019 9:14 am
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
9547 posts
1081 upvotes
Toronto
rdiamond1 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 9:55 am
It's actually pretty hard to get more than 20 X. That is 30 % back in points.
That’s the best deal you’re gonna get.
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
13827 posts
2674 upvotes
minimalist wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 9:58 am
Can someone with a PC WE MC pls clear up this question?

I have an authorized user card on my wife's PC WE MC account.

At No Frills I first have the cashier scan MY PCO app. Then I pay with my authorized user MC.

Who's personalized offers are triggered, mine or my wife's?

An alternative method would be:

-just tap the MC for pts
-pay with MC

Wife's PCO acct definitely is used-not mine.
I would think the MC is just used as payment so it would be your PCO offers.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Jun 25, 2018
56 posts
43 upvotes
Southern N.B.
minimalist wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 9:58 am
Can someone with a PC WE MC pls clear up this question?

I have an authorized user card on my wife's PC WE MC account.

At No Frills I first have the cashier scan MY PCO app. Then I pay with my authorized user MC.

Who's personalized offers are triggered, mine or my wife's?

An alternative method would be:

-just tap the MC for pts
-pay with MC

Wife's PCO acct definitely is used-not mine.
In the same boat but with the world card. I do what you propose all the time.

Her, primary on MC linked to her PCO account, i use a secondary card on her MC.
I have my own PCO account card.

1. I pay with secondary MC , her personal offers etc. get burned up and the MC gets the 2% @ PC stores

2. I scan my PCO card first and then pay with secondary MC. My personal offers get burned up and the MC gets the 2% @ PC stores.
cheers
edit: have not used no frills, but this works at SDM and Superstore. Assume No frills is same as it's a PC store.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2118 posts
660 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.
pointers wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 1:03 pm

2. I scan my PCO card first and then pay with secondary MC. My personal offers get burned up and the MC gets the 2% @ PC stores.
cheers
edit: have not used no frills, but this works at SDM and Superstore. Assume No frills is same as it's a PC store.
I can confirm this at the No-Frills. Although it's not using a supplementary card, but the primary PC MC. I get my offers. Hubby gets the PC MC points. It only shows up under my PC Optimum account IF I get my offers added. If I have to make a points enquiry, the actual transaction is under hubby's account.
"So let it be e-mailed - so let it be done!"
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
1469 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto
rdiamond1 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 9:55 am
It's actually pretty hard to get more than 20 X. That is 30 % back in points.
Yea but it’s just the system no games included I don’t think it’s worth it sucks
Jul 21, 2011
23 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
I just bought at Shoppers. Plan to use the points to buy the game. Considering I can’t find the bundle anywhere, this is the next best deal!
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
13827 posts
2674 upvotes
Have 2000 points for every $10 spent on electronics at Superstore and 20,000 points on $40 spent at The Mobile Shop. I guess it would be wishful thinking, hoping that they would stack?
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2118 posts
660 upvotes
Beautiful B.C.
Lone_Prodigy wrote:
Dec 6th, 2018 4:48 pm
Have 2000 points for every $10 spent on electronics at Superstore and 20,000 points on $40 spent at The Mobile Shop. I guess it would be wishful thinking, hoping that they would stack?
FWIW, at a prior time, I was told that the Mobile Shop is a separate entity from the RCSS itself. Having said that, you should phone and ask and if an amenable CSR *does* think they'll stack, get that person's name and get them to note it on your account. If you do, you may get them to honour it. That's my experience with things like this.
"So let it be e-mailed - so let it be done!"
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2218 posts
980 upvotes
Has anyone that activated the 4% bonus for PC MC in December actually received the correct number of points? I got the regular 2% bonus for my first few transactions, phoned in and have not heard back.
Nov 11, 2016
747 posts
439 upvotes
Halifax
Does anyone with a better memory than me remember about 3 weeks back there was a SDM promo on the weekend that was 20 X points ( over 50% spend ) with an additional 5000 points for PC MC holders.

I believe the additional 5000 points was supposed to be received by December 7th. Did anyone receive these today or previously ?
A fan of RFD
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2005
9842 posts
9072 upvotes
Received email from Esso & Mobil Canada email today with earn double the PC Optimum or Esso ExtraTM points at participating EssoTM and MobilTM stations. 3 days only Dec 8 - 10.
I am already getting 2x PCO points with my PC MC at my RCSS Mobil station. Will I get 3x pts or just 2x with my PC MC?
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $30 plan, PM $38 5GB plan, PM $8 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $117/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2017
1093 posts
836 upvotes
Winnipeg
rdiamond1 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2018 7:41 am
Does anyone with a better memory than me remember about 3 weeks back there was a SDM promo on the weekend that was 20 X points ( over 50% spend ) with an additional 5000 points for PC MC holders.

I believe the additional 5000 points was supposed to be received by December 7th. Did anyone receive these today or previously ?
Looks like it was Nov 10. I didn't participate, so I can't comment on the bonus points.

shoppers-drug-mart-today-sdm-20x-points ... h-2235655/
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2218 posts
980 upvotes
rdiamond1 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2018 7:41 am

Memory not so good anymore, but kept the fine print from the flyer. It was Saturday Nov 10, and 5000 points to be awarded 'within 4-6 weeks'. Tomorrow Dec 8 would be 4 weeks.
Nov 11, 2016
747 posts
439 upvotes
Halifax
akaManny wrote:
Dec 7th, 2018 10:35 am
Memory not so good anymore, but kept the fine print from the flyer. It was Saturday Nov 10, and 5000 points to be awarded 'within 4-6 weeks'. Tomorrow Dec 8 would be 4 weeks.
@Kelly M and @akaManny
Yes I just found it in the flyer. You are right Saturday November 10th. I don't know why but I had Dec 7th in the back of my mind as the date.
These delayed offers are difficult to keep track of - I may need to breakdown and keep a spreadsheet.
Ugh.

THANK YOU ! You know you can count on RFD.
A fan of RFD
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
15066 posts
7426 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
bylo wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 3:43 pm
I've also always had to do a points inquiry to get points on an "oranges" offer. In fact at one point I even included a link to Mandarin orange in my inquiry hoping the education might prompt them to update the list of eligible SKUs in their system. But no such luck.
Just to confirm, I have a 200pts/$1 offer on oranges. I bought 5kg of Clementines for $4.98. Didn't get points so I made an inquiry on my smartphone. Within an hour I got an email that 1,000pts got added to my account.

And as usual with a points inquiry, they leave the offer in your account so you can go back for more, rinse and repeat, defer to next week, etc.

For points offers: Oranges = Mandarins = Clementines = Tangerines [but ≠ Apples ;) ]
veni, vidi, Visa